Wonderful Monds
07-30-2012, 01:08 AM
per Twitter.

Wonderful Monds
07-30-2012, 01:09 AM
https://twitter.com/CSNBaggs

ervinsm84
07-30-2012, 01:16 AM
Looks to be real. Haven't seen what they gave up yet anywhere though.

bigredmechanism
07-30-2012, 01:18 AM
Better the Giants than the Pirates, I guess.

Mr.Redleg82
07-30-2012, 01:19 AM
Now he just tweeted the Giants said "there's no truth to the rumor"

ervinsm84
07-30-2012, 01:23 AM
Now he just tweeted the Giants said "there's no truth to the rumor"

lol I just saw the same thing. trade deadline rumors are nuts now with the popularity oftwitter

Mr.Redleg82
07-30-2012, 01:26 AM
Hope that's the case. I don't know why, but sometimes I'd really like to have Pence.

He's not exactly what we need, but I think he'd rake in GABP

HometownHero
07-30-2012, 01:31 AM
Would be odd for a stations sports directer to put out false news and hurt his standing in the business, but you never know this time a year. He said it was pending ownerships approval so maybe the Giants VP is trying to throw water on the news getting out until the deal becomes offical and the players are notified. Apparently that station has a history of breaking Giants news first so I guess there could be some smoke here.

Mr.Redleg82
07-30-2012, 01:39 AM
Would be odd for a stations sports directer to put out false news and hurt his standing in the business, but you never know this time a year. He said it was pending ownerships approval so maybe the Giants VP is trying to throw water on the news getting out until the deal becomes offical and the players are notified. Apparently that station has a history of breaking Giants news first so I guess there could be some smoke here.

Very true. Not familiar with Giants farm system, but if we really wanted him I'm sure we had the pieces. Does anyone know anything about the Giants farm system?

mikdavrut
07-30-2012, 03:46 AM
The Giants farm system is actually pretty good. I don't know how it ranks in comparison to other teams farm systems, but they certainly have quite a few solid prospects. I know in recent yrs. their farm system has generally been considered in the top 5 to top 10, producing players such as Lincecum, Bumgarner, Cain, Sandoval, Posey, Wilson & Romo. So while their system has been depleted of some of its top talent over the past few yrs., there remains several really good prospects.

Larkin88
07-30-2012, 09:54 AM
Does anyone know anything about the Giants farm system?

They've got a few good young shortstops that might appeal to the Phillies with an aging Rollins. Brandon Crawford has gotten the nod so far this year after being up and down last season and is a defensive whiz. So is Ehire Adrianza, though, who is waiting in the wings and is a switch hitter. Baseball America projects him to eventually be the starter in the next few years (over Crawford). I don't think either guy will turn into the offensive SS Rollins was, but both flash the leather with the best of them.

Of course, that's all just speculation. The Phillies are so old, they could stand for a youth movement at literally just about every position, so tough to narrow whose the best fit.

A better question might be does anyone know anything about the Giants payroll situation? I believe Pence hits arbitration again next season.

kywildcats4life
07-31-2012, 12:55 PM
Done deal.

http://tracking.si.com/2012/07/31/hunter-pence-trade-giants-phillies/

brm7675
07-31-2012, 02:09 PM
Wow...I am going to a philly game in a week or so vs. Cards, may not be a very big crowd as it looks like Phils are saying "uncle" on this season...

LexRedsFan
07-31-2012, 02:10 PM
Pretty sure this is the third time that Pence has been traded to the Giants this week and it's actually legit this time. :laugh:

Wonderful Monds
07-31-2012, 02:13 PM
Wow...I am going to a philly game in a week or so vs. Cards, may not be a very big crowd as it looks like Phils are saying "uncle" on this season...

I don't understand what they're doing up there. They were supposed to be great this year. It's not like it's inconceivable they could be next year, but here they are going into blow it up mode. I don't get it at all.

brm7675
07-31-2012, 02:14 PM
I don't understand what they're doing up there. They were supposed to be great this year. It's not like it's inconceivable they could be next year, but here they are going into blow it up mode. I don't get it at all.

Money...they have way to much invested in to few players. With what they are paying Lee/Roy/Hamels/Howard is around $75 million a year, which isn't a good use of payroll..

Mr.Redleg82
07-31-2012, 02:16 PM

I agree, they have a top notch starting rotation and spent a billion dollars on a closer. They haven't had Utley/Howard all year, why not wait and see how it goes next year this time?