PDA

View Full Version : Random Thoughts

BCubb2003
07-31-2012, 12:28 AM
Nobody went to journalism school to learn how to report trade rumors.

There should be a metric for which reporter is the most accurate.

Maybe the Reds' zone ratings are off because most of the outfield zones are actually in Kentucky.

Everything sounds more profound when you use metric as a noun.

Apparently the Reds have a need for a leadoff man but no room in the defense.

When you consider that every pitch is influenced by one person's judgment, baseball's as subjective as gymnastics.

Baseball was cooler when players went by their nicknames, like Iron Man Ripken and Big Donkey Dunn.

The trouble with trading for someone right now is that we could be in first place without him.

WVRedsFan
07-31-2012, 01:56 AM
Nobody went to journalism school to learn how to report trade rumors.

The trouble with trading for someone right now is that we could be in first place without him.
So true. Who do you take out of the lineup? Unless its a shortstop, who do you take out of the lineup? Bruce? Stubbs?

The other stement is true. How do you improve on 61-41?

_Sir_Charles_
07-31-2012, 09:20 AM
Maybe the Reds' zone ratings are off because most of the outfield zones are actually in Kentucky.

Perfection :beerme:

LoganBuck
07-31-2012, 09:28 AM
Bigger waste of time and oxygen: NCAA Bracketology or MLB trade deadline conjecture?

Vottomatic
07-31-2012, 09:55 AM
Everything sounds more profound when you use metric as a noun.

My 3 favorites. Agree about none of the leadoff targets being equal to the defense we have now. Definitely part of the dilemma. Improve the offense yet weaken the defense?

oneupper
07-31-2012, 10:02 AM
Bigger waste of time and oxygen: NCAA Bracketology or MLB trade deadline conjecture?

I'd say Bracketology makes more sense. You can get some right sometimes and the bragging rights that come with that.
What do you get for correctly guessing the REDS new leadoff man?

medford
07-31-2012, 03:24 PM
nice work as always. Had my own random thought this week that made me think of you (not nearly as good as your typical work, but what the heck):

going back to the Houston series; its not the first time members of redszone have been rooting for Coco Cordero to get blown up so he could lose his closer job, just the 1st time they've felt good about it.