PDA

View Full Version : Enjoy the Reds!

FloridaBuckeye
07-31-2012, 07:17 PM
Maybe I am a little confused.... but the Reds have one of the best records in baseball... tied for the most wins... rattled off 10 straight (on the road nonetheless)... have two ROY-caliber players ... one of the best bullpens in baseball ... arguably the best 'closer' in the game ... and have been red hot without their prized piece ... yet for some reason people want/expected more!

When I was growing up I prayed for days like this for the Reds because, unfortunately, I was post-BRM era.

A lot of people are b*tching about today's move... but I think you all need to look at the bigger picture here and be happy with what the Reds are doing in the present.

I may be in the minority, so I guess I'll just go off into my little corner... but I'm heading to that corner cheering for the 1st place Reds ... who tried to improve their pitching (and best bullpen in the league) at the trade deadline... and ill also go knowing that our real mid-season acquisition is already on the 40-man. :thumbup:

Mr.Redleg82
07-31-2012, 07:30 PM
I don't think people are complaining too much, it's just for what we gave up we should have gotten a good lead off hitter. Broxton does make our bullpen better, but we addressed a strength not a weakness.

FloridaBuckeye
07-31-2012, 07:33 PM
I said well before the deadline that I was satisfied with the current team... the only move i was interested in was Juan Pierre...

I dont know what people expected? Broxton is not bad and we just couldnt find a match for a leadoff guy....

I guess my point is that maybe Reds fans are getting greedy now that they're good... when we all need to take a step back and look at the bigger picture... as well as how things have been in the recent past

Jamz
07-31-2012, 10:08 PM
I'm ecstatic that Stubbs was not traded. He's trending upwards, his peripherals have improved a lot and he's primed to break out. Also what are the chances that Xavier Paul becomes our answer at LF for the long term? Guy is really raking this year and maybe has started to put it together?

Either way this team has been amazing to watch.

Ohioballplayer
07-31-2012, 10:14 PM
Maybe the asking price was way too high for Span and or Pierre..

yes we didn't address the weakness, or maybe they will, BP should be leading off period end. I am not upset with Stubbs batting 2nd or 7th, time to move Cozart down in the order also. Maybe Walt will simpy tell Dusty... Hey we have a good leadoff hitter in BP use him correctly. Only time will tell, but I am glad that we didn't deal stubbs ( I think he has a BIG upside)

R_Webb18
07-31-2012, 10:30 PM
the only person i wanted to upgrade is drew stubbs. b/c i can look past a 40 ab streak a 10 game winning streak. i don't really think stubbs will improve but since he's still here ill root for him to do so.