R_Webb18
07-31-2012, 11:40 PM
hopefully not for long

Stray
07-31-2012, 11:43 PM
where did you hear/read this?

Jefferson24
07-31-2012, 11:44 PM
might not play for a while does not automatically equal DL. Too early to tell. Not being available for the Pirates series would put us at a disadvantage, especially with Votto out.

Bet Walt wishes he knew this about 12 hours ago.

redsfan1995
07-31-2012, 11:45 PM
Not good. http://marksheldon.mlblogs.com/

HometownHero
07-31-2012, 11:45 PM
God I hope not we will be setting ourselves up to be even more like the Braves last year.

R_Webb18
07-31-2012, 11:46 PM
“To tell you the truth, I’m not going to be playing for a while. Dr. [Kremchek, Medical Director] looked at it and he said it was worse than what they expected.

unreal

Wonderful Monds
07-31-2012, 11:47 PM
I really don't like that quote about what he said regarding Kremchek. I thought everyone complaining when Votto went down was just being ridiculous.

But if they let another player play on with an injury that ended up being worse than they expected...someone needs a stern talking to, to say the absolute least.

Stray
07-31-2012, 11:48 PM
He was still able to move around on it so I doubt it's a bad tear or something like that. If we gotta shut him down for a couple of weeks so be it, other guys will have to step up. And we're getting Mr. Votto back in the near future.

We'll be aight, no need to push it with BP.

Wonderful Monds
At any rate, who wants to set the odds on who will get called up?

Most likely is H-Rod, maybe Didi.

Dark horse would be Billy Hamilton.

ervinsm84
I really don't like that quote about what he said regarding Kremchek. I thought everyone complaining when Votto went down was just being ridiculous.

But if they let another player play on with an injury that ended up being worse than they expected...someone needs a stern talking to, to say the absolute least.

This. +1

Stray
07-31-2012, 11:50 PM

I know most hate Jim Edmonds, but he kinda said that's how our medical staff works.

Stray
07-31-2012, 11:52 PM
He just tweeted it's time to lay low for a day or two.

R_Webb18
07-31-2012, 11:53 PM
He just tweeted it's time to lay low for a day or two.

if its a day or 2 that's fine but we might as well make sure him + votto our 100%.

guess lineup now?

Stray
07-31-2012, 11:55 PM
if its a day or 2 that's fine but we might as well make sure him + votto our 100%.

guess lineup now?

I definitely agree, get them to 100% for when it matters most. If not these kinda things can linger.

I won't even attempt to guess our lineup lol.

HometownHero
08-01-2012, 12:00 AM
If this is going to be serious I'm going to be even more frustrated we didn't add offense, teams looking to make noise doesn't have two players like Valdez and Cairo getting regular ABs. What sucks is Ludwick is due for a down tick after raking for so long, if he slumps with BP and Joey out I'm not sure how we're going to score and our SP is springing a leak at the same time.

ervinsm84
08-01-2012, 12:02 AM
I'd like to think this would be the lineup

Steisy CF
Frazier 2b
Ludwick LF
Bruce RF
Rolen 3b
Paul 1b
Cozart SS
Hanirocco C

But more likely we'll end up with this being the lineup
Cozart SS
Steisy CF
Frazier 1b
Bruce RF
Ludwick LF
Rolen 3b
Valdez 2b
Hanniroco C

arkimadee
08-01-2012, 12:02 AM
Can Frazier play second?

ervinsm84
08-01-2012, 12:04 AM
Can Frazier play second?

Probably never has, but I'd like to find out in a tough spot like this. I'm pretty sure he played SS in college and some in the minors though, so I'd think he could be at least a slightly below average defensive 2b.

Stray
Can Frazier play second?

If BP goes on the DL and Votto comes back I would bet we'll see Frazier play some 2nd.

Until then it'll prolly be Cairo/Valdez.

R_Webb18
frazier can pitch i bet. where can't he play?

Wonderful Monds
08-01-2012, 12:09 AM
Probably never has, but I'd like to find out in a tough spot like this. I'm pretty sure he played SS in college and some in the minors though, so I'd think he could be at least a slightly below average defensive 2b.

He played there a lot in the minors, but he was a very poor defender.

Redsfansince72
08-01-2012, 12:11 AM
what will suck, the Reds will play short handed instead of getting a bat up from the minors.. Either Rodriguez or DiDi or even Hamilton should be brought up if his leg is as bad as it might be.. No reason to let Cario get AB's when he cant hit his weight!!!

Stray
08-01-2012, 12:14 AM
At least we have Valdez. Guys like that can be team savers....plug him in wherever and know he'll be alright.

ervinsm84
08-01-2012, 12:15 AM
Idk why I cant find frazier's position breakdown by games in the minors, but he did play two games at 2b with the Reds last year, and 2 games at SS last year as well. So, maybe they will put him at 2b.

LDO statement of the year, but it sure is nice having a productive bat like his that can play so many positions. Really valuable over the course of a long season.

brm7675
08-01-2012, 12:15 AM
I pointed out when Votto went down how lousy our crack medical folk were and got hammered..well here we are again...how these medical folk keep thier jobs is beyond me. Oh and more proof you never trust players when it comes to how they feel.

Stray
08-01-2012, 12:17 AM
I don't remember Frazier ever playing 2nd last year, it was a forgettable year though.

Maker_84
08-01-2012, 12:19 AM
If this is going to be serious I'm going to be even more frustrated we didn't add offense, teams looking to make noise doesn't had two players like Valdez and Cairo getting regular ABs. What sucks is Ludwick is due for a down tick after racking for so long, if he slumps with BP and Joey out I'm not sure how we're going to score and our SP is springing a leak at the same time.

yep, hope Wallt enjoys the depth he added through trades......o wait

ervinsm84
08-01-2012, 12:20 AM
I don't remember Frazier ever playing 2nd last year, it was a forgettable year though.
Neither did I till I just checked his stats page.

Just looked closer and it wasn't even a full game at either position, so it was probably just for a double switch late in a game or injury related.

Grand total for 2011:
8 innings at 2b in 2 games
3 innings at SS in 2 games

brm7675
08-01-2012, 12:28 AM
Say hello to your second basemen probably till Sept...Hello Mr Valdez...now I hope our crack medical staff doesn't rush Votto back to cover thier own butts...

The Rage
08-01-2012, 12:40 AM
I would call up H-Rod and give him the Cup while BP rested for some games.

HometownHero
08-01-2012, 01:01 AM
I would call up H-Rod and give him the Cup while BP rested for some games.

I would take any young player who has a shot to be something in the majors over Valdez who is 34 with no offensive tools at all and no upside. I would rather a=have .200 with some walks and XBH vs .245 with no walks or pop. At least the unknown guys have a shot to take off for a bit before the league adjusts while players like Valdez are what they are.

joshua
08-01-2012, 02:21 AM
The Krem Reaper strikes again.

Not getting any offensive help at the deadline hurts like hell right now. If Votto and BP are both still out when Pittsburgh comes to town, they could gain some major ground.

Like others have said: Votto better not be rushed back because of this. I think all of our players should get immediate second opinions...this isn't the first, second or third time this has happened. Reminds me if when Carson Palmer went to six separate doctors before agreeing with the diagnosis the Bengals staff gave him...or the Antonio Bryant debacle. If I were Bob, heads would be f'n rolling in that medical department. They've let their top two investments and faces of the franchise play through injuries that were later found to be more serious. I dropped my family doctor over a misdiagnosis. And I'm worth around $30 bucks, not a quarter of a billion. Absolutely inexcusable.

jhiller21
08-01-2012, 02:35 AM
Can't afford to lose BP for 15 with Votto out. At the same time I'd rather he not play hurt and make it worse. I'm just not really used to losing Phillips for more than a day or two... the guy is a gamer.

Zimmers
08-01-2012, 04:37 AM
Look guys a calf could be a big deal and it might not be at all. He said a day or two and let's see what happens after that before we proclaim he is out until September or a few weeks.

I did my calf in game 7 at the end of our Summer league here last year as I was stealing first and played the rest of the game on it. It was slightly strained and could barely run at 60% and hampered me slightly batting. We lost but I was back running in 3 days and I am no elite athlete like BP, I am 6'2 235lbs so it could be ok.

5TimeWSChamps
08-01-2012, 06:06 AM
Screw it.

Call Hamilton up, put him at 2B, and bat him leadoff

Jamz
08-01-2012, 07:43 AM
Oy. Anyone think that Ludwick can play 1B?

Paul - LF
Frazier - 2B
Ludwick - 1B

Pony Boy
08-01-2012, 08:19 AM
Major overreactions on this thread. I bet he is back in less than a week.

stfm965
08-01-2012, 08:19 AM
Maybe this is too obvious for our FO, but even if Phillips isn't DLed but is sidelined a game or two, why don't the Reds make this move:

DFA Miguel Cairo
Recall Henry Rodriguez

Sure, this move would come a little earlier than most would want because one could argue that H-Rod's time in L'ville isn't enough for his development. But down the stretch, I assume H-Rod would hit better than Miggy's .150 with better defense and is a switch hitter off the bench. In the meantime, he could fill in at 2B until Phillips feels ready.

Biff Pocoroba
08-01-2012, 08:37 AM
The next time that a fan base doesn't reflexively gripe about their team's medical staff will be the first time.

No medical training, no degree, no physical examination, no X-rays needed. All some of you need is a half a sentence from a ballplayer to charge our medical team with malpractice.

Larkin88
08-01-2012, 08:51 AM
Maybe this is too obvious for our FO, but even if Phillips isn't DLed but is sidelined a game or two, why don't the Reds make this move:

DFA Miguel Cairo
Recall Henry Rodriguez

Sure, this move would come a little earlier than most would want because one could argue that H-Rod's time in L'ville isn't enough for his development. But down the stretch, I assume H-Rod would hit better than Miggy's .150 with better defense and is a switch hitter off the bench. In the meantime, he could fill in at 2B until Phillips feels ready.

Plus, if it's only a few day injury, you can DFA Cairo and bring him back within the standard ten day window.

Some sort or roster move is going to happen. Of this I think we can be certain.

Kcbuckeye22
08-01-2012, 08:55 AM
Hopefully is a short stint or a week. This isn't the end of the world. Ludwick is hot, Stubbs is crushing it, Paul is money, Fraizer/Rolen are Solid. Will it last? Maybe?

Valdez will get some starts and maybe a chance to see a new kid. If Bruce can kick it into gear we're just going to keep steam rolling. Votto who? Phillips who? Our team is better than we give credit.

sdwagers
08-01-2012, 08:57 AM

DFA Miguel Cairo
Recall Henry Rodriguez

:beerme: +1.

The injury to Phillips and pending suspension to Mes may press the Reds into some roster cleanup. How Phipps, Negron and Constanza are still on the 40 man is mind boggling.

Pony Boy
08-01-2012, 09:12 AM
The next time that a fan base doesn't reflexively gripe about their team's medical staff will be the first time.

No medical training, no degree, no physical examination, no X-rays needed. All some of you need is a half a sentence from a ballplayer to charge our medical team with malpractice.

Exactly. This is a soft tissue injury, which are extremely hard to diagnose. Add that to the fact that ball players are not exactly forthcoming about injuries to team doctors. It's part of the code of being a pro ball player.

So let's keep the accusations of quackery down. You are talking about someone's livelihood.

Besides, if you actually read what BP said in his tweet, it sound like "for a while" means a couple of days. It doesnt sound like the DL is likely.

MrRedLegger
08-01-2012, 09:38 AM
I'm hesitant to get on the medical staff's back. Like it was mentioned when Votto went out, the only person to make the decision to further investigate an injury is the player himself. There was no way Votto was missing that Cardinals series. One could think that the sweep helped surge our winning streak after the break.

It's been mentioned in this thread that Phillips is a gamer. This is human nature. Most men won't go to the doc immediately unless it's a problem with their heart or their manhood, and everything else will "work itself out". I'm sitting in my cube on my 4th day with a strained back but I don't plan on getting it looked at because it's getting better every day. I have no idea what caused it.

Phillips loves this game and this team, you can tell by the way he plays and in his interviews. Either that or he's a good actor. Regardless, I'm sure the only one more bummed about his injury is himself. Let's wait until we hear more. He already is hungry for the field, let this drive his recovery.

Although I do think it will be more than "a day or two", Phillips will not be out much longer than that. I wish him a swift and healthy recovery

texasdave
08-01-2012, 09:59 AM
At least we have Valdez. Guys like that can be team savers....plug him in wherever and know he'll be alright.

He will be alright for what? .260 OBP and .270 SLG. Combine that with Dusty's proclivity to bat him in the 2-hole because he can "handle the bat". Obviously, from those numbers he doesn't handle it very well. Yes, you can plug him in wherever and know that he will hurt the team.

mrherd05
08-01-2012, 10:06 AM
You guys are unreal. People complain and moan about players not manning up, then when players due man up you question the medical staff over why they let them play?

Are you serious?

The guys went out their and busted their balls so people like you all can try and be happy. The only problem is, that is impossible. Win 10 games in a row, its luck, lose the next one and things are back to being bad and you were right because you said we were lucky.

Run out to the best record in baseball and its because of an easy schedule, nothing else.

Homer wins four in a row, then has a rough outing and the "old Homer" is coming back.

You all want all these new players, but then you say dont trade prospects 1- 25, insert name here, for them.

You wanted to trade Heisey or Stubbs and some no name low level prospect for other teams better players.

When a trade is not made due to Walt not wanting to give up the farm, you go ballistic and say they dont know what they are doing.

NEWSFLASH PEOPLE:

This team has the best of both worlds. They are

1. Set up to win right here, right now TODAY.
2. Set up to be equally as good five years from now.

Yet, you still complain.

Good grief.

webbbj
08-01-2012, 10:13 AM
^^^^^
Well Said. There really has only been one time during the whole season to worry and that was when Votto got hurt. And the Reds are far exceeding expectations since that happened.

Just follow the games and stop worrying about every little nuance.

The_Mudshark
08-01-2012, 10:20 AM
I pointed out when Votto went down how lousy our crack medical folk were and got hammered..well here we are again...how these medical folk keep thier jobs is beyond me. Oh and more proof you never trust players when it comes to how they feel.

Breaking Bad S5E3 - SHUT UP! - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bBPrdX-cqF0)

smixsell
08-01-2012, 10:44 AM

Looks like you were right. I'm begining to suspect the worst about our team medical staff.

smixsell
08-01-2012, 10:47 AM
You guys are unreal. People complain and moan about players not manning up, then when players due man up you question the medical staff over why they let them play?

Are you serious?

The guys went out their and busted their balls so people like you all can try and be happy. The only problem is, that is impossible. Win 10 games in a row, its luck, lose the next one and things are back to being bad and you were right because you said we were lucky.

Run out to the best record in baseball and its because of an easy schedule, nothing else.

Homer wins four in a row, then has a rough outing and the "old Homer" is coming back.

You all want all these new players, but then you say dont trade prospects 1- 25, insert name here, for them.

You wanted to trade Heisey or Stubbs and some no name low level prospect for other teams better players.

When a trade is not made due to Walt not wanting to give up the farm, you go ballistic and say they dont know what they are doing.

NEWSFLASH PEOPLE:

This team has the best of both worlds. They are

1. Set up to win right here, right now TODAY.
2. Set up to be equally as good five years from now.

Yet, you still complain.

Good grief.

I agree with your assessment of the board in general. It's a comical study in human nature most of the time.

AND

I also agree with your Newsflash. :o)

The_Mudshark
08-01-2012, 10:49 AM
Looks like you were right. I'm begining to suspect the worst about our team medical staff.

He wasn't.

Larkin88
08-01-2012, 10:55 AM
Let's just wait and see guys. Be reactionary to that which you know, rather than just speculation. Soft tissue stuff is even trickier to diagnose than the spectrum of different meniscus tears that Votto may have incurred.

This could be really bad news, or not so bad news at all.

The_Mudshark
08-01-2012, 10:58 AM
Let's just wait and see guys.

:thumbup:

Larkin88
08-01-2012, 11:42 AM
A slightly more optimistic view from PDoc's Morning Line (http://cincinnati.com/blogs/daugherty/2012/08/01/the-morning-line-81-2/). Don't anyone go jumping off Carew Tower just yet.

MEANWHILE. . . Of more immediate headache is DatDude’s left leg. The club MVP to this point won the game last night with a HR, then left with a strained left calf. Mobility is obviously a huge part of his game. You dont want to hurt him more by continuing to play him, but the Pirates loom. The guess is, he sits the next two nights and plays Friday.

brm7675
08-01-2012, 12:01 PM
A slightly more optimistic view from PDoc's Morning Line (http://cincinnati.com/blogs/daugherty/2012/08/01/the-morning-line-81-2/). Don't anyone go jumping off Carew Tower just yet.

If he plays this weekend then the Reds are Fools. End of discussion season over. You don't just "rest" two days and be 100%. The knee is a sensative area and can cause other injuries if not left treated. They need to DL Phillips, let him rest and heal, or they can pretty much guarentee he goes under the knife at some point if it isn't already needed.

Jamz
08-01-2012, 12:03 PM
If he plays this weekend then the Reds are Fools. End of discussion season over. You don't just "rest" two days and be 100%. The knee is a sensative area and can cause other injuries if not left treated. They need to DL Phillips, let him rest and heal, or they can pretty much guarentee he goes under the knife at some point if it isn't already needed.

It's not his knee -- it's his calf. Something which is much easier to strain and recover from injuring.

Larkin88
08-01-2012, 12:17 PM
End of discussion season over.

How many times have we heard that from you this season?

Votto's injury is still a season ender, right? You contended that was the case, so that's still gotta be true, right?

Enough with the sensationalism that you are so particularly fond of. Take a step back from the ledge and just see how things pan out. Your ongoing doom and gloom routine continues to wear thing.

Also, as Jamz pointed out, it's soft tissue damage to his calf. Your speculating about knees is exactly what is wrong with your posts on this board.

brm7675
08-01-2012, 12:24 PM
How many times have we heard that from you this season?

Votto's injury is still a season ender, right? You contended that was the case, so that's still gotta be true, right?

Enough with the sensationalism that you are so particularly fond of. Take a step back from the ledge and just see how things pan out. Your ongoing doom and gloom routine continues to wear thing.

Also, as Jamz pointed out, it's soft tissue damage to his calf. Your speculating about knees is exactly what is wrong with your posts on this board.

When the doctor tells Brandon it's not good...what does that tell you? Also we did well while Votto was down, no question, but now we have our entire right side of the infield down and injured, only a 3 game lead and the team we are leading comes to town this weekend, which will include facing a guy who basically threw a no hitter last night....Again with the right medical team, and coaches maybe we have Brandon and Votto for that series, now...we don't.

mrherd05
08-01-2012, 12:31 PM
WOW...facing a guy who "basically threw a no hitter" wow, no one has EVER done that or anything.

One of the dumbest statements I have ever read in message board land.'

You really should stop putting so much stupid in your cheerios each morning man.

swaisuc
08-01-2012, 12:42 PM
When the doctor tells Brandon it's not good...what does that tell you? Also we did well while Votto was down, no question, but now we have our entire right side of the infield down and injured, only a 3 game lead and the team we are leading comes to town this weekend, which will include facing a guy who basically threw a no hitter last night....Again with the right medical team, and coaches maybe we have Brandon and Votto for that series, now...we don't.

Surely, this must be the time the sky is ACTUALLY falling, right?

Put me in the "not worried camp" and leave me there even if he goes to the DL and even if the Pirates sweep us (which is hardly likely just based on a dropoff at 2B). It's 162 guys and we're going to win this division.

Larkin88
08-01-2012, 12:52 PM

So again I ask you, where is the "season ender?" Because you decreed it to be so in your previous Votto thread, is Joey's meniscus recovery still a two month minimum expectation?

Both of those guys will return. Your automatic assumption of the absolutely worst case scenario being the baseline for what to expect (about EVERYTHING), frankly gets a little old. Especially when it's pieced together from comments that we, as fans, don't entirely understand the full context about.

brm7675
08-01-2012, 12:53 PM
Just came across this report...again not calf...it's a Knee issue folks..

Phillips went for an MRI early this morning.Results were not positive.
Arthroscopic knee surgery has been scheduled for Friday by Dr. Timothy Kremcheck

R_Webb18
08-01-2012, 01:00 PM
Just came across this report...again not calf...it's a Knee issue folks..

Arthroscopic knee surgery has been scheduled for Friday by Dr. Timothy Kremcheck

where did you read this?

brm7675
08-01-2012, 01:08 PM
where did you read this?

Redleg Nation..

Larkin88
08-01-2012, 01:13 PM
Redleg Nation..

Care to link? Just went there to check their BP coverage again and didn't see anything about an MRI.

I'll eat my crow if you're correct here, I just hadn't seen anything about that at all. This is literally the very first mention I've seen of that on here, ORG, Redleg Nation or anywhere.

Stray
08-01-2012, 01:13 PM
I haven't seen anything confirmed about a knee issue, mri, or surgery. Not saying someone doesn't have an inside source or something, but I'll wait till I hear an official announcement.

R_Webb18
08-01-2012, 01:14 PM
i don't see it either

texasdave
08-01-2012, 01:16 PM
I saw it on Redleg Nation. Let me link it up.

Ok you have to read in the comments section. http://redlegnation.com/2012/08/01/brandon-phillips-when-will-we-see-him-again/#comments

Arthroscopic knee surgery has been scheduled for Friday by Dr. Timothy Kremcheck.

Source is a friend works in the Doctor's office. Take it for what it is worth.

Larkin88
08-01-2012, 01:19 PM
I haven't seen anything confirmed about a knee issue, mri, or surgery. Not saying someone doesn't have an inside source or something, but I'll wait till I hear an official announcement.

i don't see it either

Ok you have to read in the comments section. http://redlegnation.com/2012/08/01/brandon-phillips-when-will-we-see-him-again/#comments

Thanks for the link texasdave. Gonna wait to see this get corroborated. Would certainly be a lousy situation to find ourselves in.

texasdave
08-01-2012, 01:20 PM
I am kinda skeptical. DatDude isn't shy about tweeting news. LOL.

Stray
08-01-2012, 01:21 PM
That's just a random poster in a comments section lol. I guess it could be true, but nah I'll just wait till someone more credible posts the news.

Larkin88
08-01-2012, 01:23 PM

To me, almost seems like a guy parroting the Votto situation perhaps as some twisted approach to humor. :laugh:

Boy do I hope that MRI is not the case. Suspicious at the lack of mention on Twitter by anyone.

R_Webb18
08-01-2012, 01:23 PM
lets say its true is his season over?

Pony Boy
08-01-2012, 01:26 PM

If you are going to make up a rumor at least get the body part right. Why would he have knee surgery on his injured calf?

Larkin88
08-01-2012, 01:27 PM
lets say its true is his season over?

If it's an arthoscopic procedure, you're probably talking cartilege or meniscus sorta like Joey. Wouldn't end his season I wouldn't think, but might keep him shelved for a few weeks. Kind of hard to say without knowing what structural damage he incurred to his knee, since all the detail we have to go off is what has been provided. (and might be pulled out of someone's rear)

texasdave
08-01-2012, 01:29 PM
If you are going to make up a rumor at least get the body part right. Why would he have knee surgery on his injured calf?

If you are talking to me, I didn't make up any rumor. I just copy and pasted. :laugh:

Larkin88
08-01-2012, 01:34 PM
From that same poster, in the same comment section:

WVRedlegs False alarm. My friend was playing a joke on me. No Phillips knee surgery. At least not yet. She let it go on for 2 1/2 hours before she set me straight. At the next BBQ she will get her payback. B*tches, man.

Sounds to me more like another sensationalistic attention grabber than a victim of a joke. Someone should try and recruit him for Sun Deck.

And I should be less cynical.

brm7675
08-01-2012, 01:36 PM

He said last he was going away for a while on his last tweet last night. I think the severity of whatever is wrong caught him off guard. I really think he just thought he tweeked something and has now found out differently and it's not sitting well with him, which is understandable.

R_Webb18
08-01-2012, 01:37 PM
yea ill wait for more to report

Stray
08-01-2012, 01:37 PM
That same guy just posted that it was a friend playing a joke.

Pony Boy
08-01-2012, 01:42 PM
http://t3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcT05eQBaIMCEtVjhD_8AmiO2aQCRg-IGd5m9YbjhSiuP9say1l8

"And that's why you never post rumors that originate in the Comments section."

OGB
08-01-2012, 01:43 PM

I know that guy! His cousin's neighbor's Sunday school teacher was the one who found out Joey Votto was slumping because he was a homosexual.

texasdave
08-01-2012, 01:46 PM
Let me be clear about this. I did not post that rumor from the comment section. Someone else posted it first and then several people asked for a link. Once again, all I did was copy and paste. :laugh:

The_Mudshark
08-01-2012, 01:48 PM
http://t3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcT05eQBaIMCEtVjhD_8AmiO2aQCRg-IGd5m9YbjhSiuP9say1l8

"And that's why you never post rumors that originate in the Comments section."

:laugh:

These forums need a regular dosage of J. Walter Wetherman.

If news is going to break, the last place it is going to break is a comment section.

Pony Boy
08-01-2012, 01:49 PM
Let me be clear about this. I did not post that rumor from the comment section. Someone else posted it first and then several people asked for a link. Once again, all I did was copy and paste. :laugh:

I'm not directing any of this at you texasdave. I think it is funny how these rumors take on a life of their own.

OGB
08-01-2012, 01:52 PM

Oh I know, your post was just the one that contained the pertinent info. I would call out that blowhard brm, but he would insist your knee and your calf are actually the same body part until he passed out from exhaustion before admitting he was wrong/jumped the gun on something.

Larkin88
08-01-2012, 01:53 PM
Oh I know, your post was just the one that contained the pertinent info. I would call out that blowhard brm, but he would insist your knee and your calf are actually the same body part until he passed out from exhaustion before admitting he was wrong/jumped the gun on something.

:laugh: We're all having fun on here.

brm7675
08-01-2012, 02:01 PM
Saw where Brandon's sister tweeted she talked with Brandon this am...hmm wonder if he was looking for someone to talk to about what to do with an important decision he has to make...

R_Webb18
08-01-2012, 02:06 PM
Saw where Brandon's sister tweeted she talked with Brandon this am...hmm wonder if he was looking for someone to talk to about what to do with an important decision he has to make...

or they could just talk a lot

brm7675
08-01-2012, 02:10 PM
or they could just talk a lot

but she doesn't tweet after every call..why tweet this morning that you spoke to your brother?

Larkin88
08-01-2012, 02:11 PM
but she doesn't tweet after every call..why tweet this morning that you spoke to your brother?

Boy, you're really fishing now, aren't you?

Good luck with that!

The_Mudshark
08-01-2012, 02:22 PM

Yea that has to be it.

:thumbdown:

Who Dey Time
08-01-2012, 02:35 PM

I'm going to start referring to you as Baghdad Bob. THERE ARE NO AMERICAN TROOPS IN BAGHDAD!!!! (As the tanks roll in behind him as he speaks).

You are a fountain of mis-information.

P.E.R#14
08-01-2012, 03:17 PM
Sad that I just wasted five minutes reading through this thread. :cry:

IF BP goes down for a week or FOUR, someone will replace him at second base. I'm not re-reading through this, but Someone, posted about the whole right side being out. We'll put a major league baseball player on the field to take up their positions. We aren't stuck pulling a fan out of the crowd, or the attempted resurrection of Billy Hatcher.

Breathe, exhale, repeat. Again, not going back through this, but someone hit the nail on the head with the word "sensationalism."

Go Reds!

The_Mudshark
08-01-2012, 03:23 PM
Sad that I just wasted five minutes reading through this thread. :cry:

IF BP goes down for a week or FOUR, someone will replace him at second base. I'm not re-reading through this, but Someone, posted about the whole right side being out. We'll put a major league baseball player on the field to take up their positions. We aren't stuck pulling a fan out of the crowd, or the attempted resurrection of Billy Hatcher.

Breathe, exhale, repeat. Again, not going back through this, but someone hit the nail on the head with the word "sensationalism."

Go Reds!

I'm pretty sure there is just one person freaking out and you shouldn't need to re-read the thread to know who it is.

Helms1
08-01-2012, 03:42 PM
Calf injurys are easy to call after 3 days. However, with multi million dollar athletes and virtually no risk from the scan, an MRI helps a lot with joints, tendons and muscles.

Mr.Redleg82
08-01-2012, 03:45 PM
Patience grasshoppers, we will find out soon enough

Helms1
08-01-2012, 03:57 PM
Patience grasshoppers, we will find out soon enough

Yeah, probably Friday you will get a preliminary report on the DL or day to day. Hard to say. Unpredictable. If day to day before that obviously very good news.

Mr.Redleg82
08-01-2012, 04:08 PM
Yeah, probably Friday you will get a preliminary report on the DL or day to day. Hard to say. Unpredictable. If day to day before that obviously very good news.

Lol. After the last couple trade deadlines with Walt, especially this one, I've learned to not worry about things. I'm still hungover from yesterday.

brm7675
08-01-2012, 04:32 PM
He is answering tweets from training room...

R_Webb18
08-01-2012, 04:39 PM
he just said he is not going to DL

brm7675
08-01-2012, 04:45 PM
he just said he is not going to DL

Ironman92
08-01-2012, 04:46 PM
He is blaming the usher in sect 131....he is grossly overrated and incompetent.

Mr.Redleg82
08-01-2012, 04:47 PM

Ummm...what exactly are you talking about?

P.E.R#14
08-01-2012, 04:52 PM

Unreal.....

brm7675
08-01-2012, 04:55 PM
Unreal.....

Why? Playing injuried is dumb. It hurts the team and the player. We have seen that a few times with Brandon. DL. him...let him get back to 100% then bring him back.

P.E.R#14
08-01-2012, 05:00 PM
Why? Playing injuried is dumb. It hurts the team and the player. We have seen that a few times with Brandon. DL. him...let him get back to 100% then bring him back.

The fact that he's not going to the DL doesn't mean his injuries are significant enough to require him to miss two weeks of baseball. No facts and jumping to conclusions.

Kingspoint
08-01-2012, 05:15 PM
The REDS will often have a guy sit for significant time instead of putting him on the DL. Not saying that it's bad or good. It's just what they seem to do a lot. Every move has a business decision behind it.

For myself, I'd bring up Chris Valaika. He's healthy and he's hitting just fine in Louisville. He's blocked by Phillips after we resigned him, and perhaps the best way for them to get his maximum value is to not ever bring him up and expose him to Major League Pitching, but it could also work the other way, where he shows himself to be capable. In any event, I'd rather have his glove at 2B than Valdez' glove. And, if Valdez is playing second, then it means more pinch-hitting duty/playing time for Cairo.

So, by suggesting that they bring up Valaika, I'm really trying to prevent playing time from Cairo.

FloridaBuckeye
08-01-2012, 05:22 PM
haha you guys are great entertainment... :beerme::lol::bang::angry::cry::bash::sleep::barf: :rant2:

:notworthy::phillips::notworthy:

brm7675
08-01-2012, 05:32 PM
The fact that he's not going to the DL doesn't mean his injuries are significant enough to require him to miss two weeks of baseball. No facts and jumping to conclusions.

Brandon himself commented last night that it was worse then thought. Tells me there is damage to the body. What harm is there in shutting him down for fifteen days.

Mr.Redleg82
08-01-2012, 05:39 PM
Tweeting is for the birds anyway

Ironman92
08-01-2012, 06:18 PM

This site can lay blame with the best of them......thought I would give it a try.

prhof14
08-01-2012, 06:58 PM
no need to panic here... in dusty we trusty?

OGB
08-01-2012, 07:04 PM

When in the past have we seen the team hurt because Brandon played with an injury? I'm fairly certain he hasn't gone on the DL in his career, aand he has only played under 149 games once.

But of course, you won't answer this because you ignore any oppurtunity to be proven incorrect with actual facts

brm7675
08-01-2012, 07:21 PM
When in the past have we seen the team hurt because Brandon played with an injury? I'm fairly certain he hasn't gone on the DL in his career, aand he has only played under 149 games once.

But of course, you won't answer this because you ignore any oppurtunity to be proven incorrect with actual facts

Look at his numbers when he plays hurt. Lets go back to early this season when he was hurt and played through it and stunk up the joint. Then there was last year and the injuried wrist he played through and again posted horrible numbers. Name me one player ever, whom while hurt posted anything close to the numbers they post when 100% healthy. Ain't gonna happen. Plus you risk either extending or worsening the injury. I mean this is not rocket science, when you are hurt, your numbers decline, and when it's a leg issue and the range gets reduced in the field, his fielding numbers decline. Sorry but this refusal of the Reds to allow players to heal is just one of the Reasons why this team has been as bad as it has been over the past couple of decades.

OGB
08-01-2012, 09:42 PM
So, no actual data, you're just throwing out the way you remember things happening when you heard Phillips was hurting as your proof? You realize players play with pain all the time that the general public never even hears about, right?
Has Phillips ever been hurt enough once in his Reds career to warrant a trip to the DL?

Krawhitham
08-01-2012, 10:06 PM
Just DL him, I do not want to see Leake pinching hitting again

bmwreds31
08-04-2012, 12:11 PM
Was there any more updates on this.

No reliable info on what his injury really is?