PDA

View Full Version : Milwaukee trip

big boy
08-02-2012, 09:41 AM
So, I was thinking about taking my two boys (11 and 12) up to Milwaukee for a couple of days to watch the Reds beat up on the Brewers.

If anyone has done this, please let me know what there is to do when not attending a game. I looked at the travel sites and don't see a lot of fun stuff going on.

Moonlite Graham
08-02-2012, 11:30 AM
Been to Miller Park / Milwaukee many many times to see the Reds, its a great park with great fans you should really enjoy that part of the experience.

As far as kid things to do and general things to see in Milwaukee, well youre probably going to struggle in that area.

Of course theres the Harley Davidson tour and the Miller tour, but dont know how much your boys would be into that.

And since the games are during the week, wont be any festivals going on at Maier Park.

Theres a great amusement park in Gurnee Illinois that you will pass on the way up or back.

If you want a cool experience for your trip up, you could go a little out of your way and take the high speed car ferry across Lake Michigan from Muskegon MI to Milwaukee. Its a pretty fun ride and you avoid ALL the Chicago traffic, congestion and construction.

Hope this helps.

Moon.

big boy
08-02-2012, 02:29 PM
Been to Miller Park / Milwaukee many many times to see the Reds, its a great park with great fans you should really enjoy that part of the experience.

As far as kid things to do and general things to see in Milwaukee, well youre probably going to struggle in that area.

Of course theres the Harley Davidson tour and the Miller tour, but dont know how much your boys would be into that.

And since the games are during the week, wont be any festivals going on at Maier Park.

Theres a great amusement park in Gurnee Illinois that you will pass on the way up or back.

If you want a cool experience for your trip up, you could go a little out of your way and take the high speed car ferry across Lake Michigan from Muskegon MI to Milwaukee. Its a pretty fun ride and you avoid ALL the Chicago traffic, congestion and construction.

Hope this helps.

Moon.

Very helpful...thanks.