PDA

View Full Version : Reds @ Cubs. Fri 8/10. Anyone going to the White Sox game afterwards?

Mush
08-02-2012, 04:31 PM
Not often you get a chance to go to 2 different MLB games (at different) grounds on the same day so why not?

Reds @ Cubs is at 1.20pm (CT) and Oakland @ White Sox is at 7.10pm (CT). Easy trip between grounds on the Red Line CTA. White Sox tickets start at about $11 so I'm going to give it a go.

Probably been done by a lot of people before but I've never had the chance. Looking forward to it. Anyone else doing the same?

MrRedLegger
08-02-2012, 04:36 PM
I'm going to the Saturday game with some guys from Lexington and Cincy. Chances are I'll be at the Sunday game as well. I didn't know/think about the CHW game, it'd be really cool to watch ol' donkey play. I just might have to propose that to the guys, the only setback is work on Monday morning...

Mush
08-03-2012, 01:19 PM
I'm going to the Saturday game with some guys from Lexington and Cincy. Chances are I'll be at the Sunday game as well. I didn't know/think about the CHW game, it'd be really cool to watch ol' donkey play. I just might have to propose that to the guys, the only setback is work on Monday morning...

Due to the start times you can only really do it on the Friday when there is 6 hours between the games starting. There's only 3 hours on the Sat and they are on at about the same time on the Sunday:
http://mlb.mlb.com/mlb/schedule/?tcid=mm_mlb_schedule#date=08/09/2012

You need to be going to the Friday game to be able to get to the White Sox afterwards. So you know what to do.... go the Friday game as well!

MrRedLegger
08-03-2012, 01:55 PM
God I'd love that. But I won't be getting into Chi-town until roughly 9 PM EST

webbbj
08-03-2012, 01:59 PM
going to saturdays game

FloridaBuckeye
08-03-2012, 05:03 PM
Im good friends with Chris Sale and Casey Coleman... so I am going Tuesday for Sales start against the Royals.. and then I am going to try and make it to one or two of the Reds/Cubs series

If i am able to, then i might try the Friday double-dip

BLEEDS
08-03-2012, 05:19 PM
Saturday in infield terrace, 1B side...
Sunday in the rooftops!

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

cooperlamar
08-03-2012, 10:58 PM
I'm going to the Fri and Sat games and hadn't even considered this. I'll have to think about this now - thanks for the heads up!

Knightro28
08-04-2012, 02:32 AM
Heading to Wrigley next Sunday... Sitting one section over from Bartman! GO REDS!

mroby85
08-04-2012, 10:59 AM
Wrigley/Chicago is a blast! I wasn't a big fan of US Cellular but its still worth seeing if you're already right there. We went last year because the Yankees were in town so that was pretty cool.

Mush
08-05-2012, 02:36 AM
Nice one that a few others may do this.

I personally ain't gonna buy White Sox tickets - just in case the Reds' game goes to extra innings, trains are screwed or whatever.

Reading around we should be ok to just pay on the night. They do have a firework display at the end of the game but can't see this being enough to fill the ground.

Anyone got the train after a Cubs' game before? Is Addison Red Line station heaving after the game? Is it worth walking a couple of blocks north to get on at Sheridan? I'd rather walk 10 mins and get on the first train than stand in line for half an hour...

Cool that Sox-35th Station is on the Red Line as well. No need to change trains. If anyone going ain't used the Chicago CTA much before then you can get a one day 'fun pass' for $5.75. This gives you unlimited CTA train & bus use for 24 hours. In most cases this is way quicker, easier & cheaper than driving/parking or trying to get a cab...

'see you there' - cheers, Mush

jwmann2
08-06-2012, 02:08 AM
Two games in one day would be a little exhausting. Especially after sitting thru a day game in that hot sun. Split days would be a better option in my opinion plus you wouldn't be in a rush.

Drudy8
08-06-2012, 08:27 AM
Two games in one day would be a little exhausting. Especially after sitting thru a day game in that hot sun. Split days would be a better option in my opinion plus you wouldn't be in a rush.

Two games I'm one day sounds EPIC. Only one thing came make it better and that is a Naked Jessica Alba holding two cheese conies and a 5 way while in a beer shower (conies and 5 way are safe from the beer mess) if I had a job this would be prime. I live in Fort Wayne IN and it would only be a 3 hour drive.

Mush
08-06-2012, 09:56 AM

You can do 2 games in 2 days anytime you want. It's not often you get the chance to do 2 in the same day - hence trying to do it.

The forecast for Chicago on Friday is currently mostly sunny & 78. You won't get it much better than that.

I see the give-away on Friday is a Cubs' foam finger. I wonder how well it would go down waving those things around at the White Sox?

Mush
08-13-2012, 04:17 PM
Just for future reference really...

This worked well. Stayed til the end of the Cubs game (unlike quite a lot of Cubs fans - thanks for your seats!) and then got the CTA red line down to the White Sox.

Cheapest tickets from the ticket office on the night were $20. The ground was nowhere near full, pretty empty really. Sox won with a walk off home run in the 9th and the night finished with a firework display.

You also got some great views of the Chicago skyline - especially as it started to get dark.

Not tiring at all. A great way to spend a day. Recommended. I think it was better seeing the Reds first. The 2nd game was relaxing cos you didn't really care what happened...