PDA

View Full Version : Todd Frazier has a 13-game winning streak.

Kingspoint
08-02-2012, 06:31 PM
He was given the day off in that loss on Monday.

A 2-run homer to get the REDS on the board today and an RBI-Groundout.

It would be insanity if this guy sits when Votto comes back and Rolen starts instead.

But, it's likely that Rolen keeps getting starts at 3rd, while Frazier shares starts with Ludwick and Rolen and the bench.

Australian Red
08-02-2012, 06:32 PM
I would start Fraizer ahead of Rolen everyday of the week, his been pretty consistent all season.

jback76
08-02-2012, 06:46 PM
I would start Fraizer ahead of Rolen everyday of the week, his been pretty consistent all season.

Yeah when Votto comes back I'm afraid the best we can hope for is to see Fraizer maybe starting 3 days a week.

Wonderful Monds
08-02-2012, 08:07 PM

But Rolen has been as good with the bat in the same stretch and is obviously a better fielder.

To be honest, I would give a strong look into giving Bruce an extended break for most of a week to keep Frazier in the lineup when Votto is back.

Kingspoint
08-02-2012, 08:09 PM
But Rolen has been as good with the bat in the same stretch and is obviously a better fielder.

To be honest, I would give a strong look into giving Bruce an extended break for most of a week to keep Frazier in the lineup when Votto is back.Frazier is an uber-utility player and that would work.

Wonderful Monds
08-02-2012, 08:13 PM
Frazier is an uber-utility player and that would work.

At the very least, scoot Ludwick (who isn't a bad defender himself) to RF and put the Toddfather in left.

Mutaman
08-02-2012, 08:19 PM
Whats our record when Rolen starts since he came over here?

Pony Boy
08-02-2012, 08:29 PM
You guys crack me up. All year long people on the board have been complaining about the guys Dusty chooses to play:

First it was bench Ludwick.
Then it was bench Rolen.
Then it was bench Stubbs.
Now it is bench Rolen again.

Dusty has mostly been correct. The collective wisdom has mostly been wrong.

Wonderful Monds
08-02-2012, 08:34 PM
You guys crack me up. All year long people on the board have been complaining about the guys Dusty chooses to play:

Then it was bench Rolen.

To be fair, at the time Rolen did warrant having his playing time reduced, as when he soon hit the DL thereafter, Frazier replaced him for a couple weeks and he and the team did quite well in Scott's absence.

Kingspoint
08-02-2012, 08:59 PM
To be fair, at the time Rolen did warrant having his playing time reduced, as when he soon hit the DL thereafter, Frazier replaced him for a couple weeks and he and the team did quite well in Scott's absence.Don't let truth spoil reality.

Ironman92
08-02-2012, 09:13 PM
The truth is.....they lost because I was there.....I've already made the warning thread and everything.

texasdave
08-02-2012, 10:12 PM
The truth is.....they lost because I was there.....I've already made the warning thread and everything.

For the good of the team you should have stayed back in the car and listened on the radio. Of course, then you would have never met Rick Sutcliffe. :laugh:

Ironman92
08-02-2012, 10:58 PM
For the good of the team you should have stayed back in the car and listened on the radio. Of course, then you would have never met Rick Sutcliffe. :laugh:

It's still hilarious to me as Sutcliffe is 6 inches taller but my wife has defended herself with this....

malcontent
08-03-2012, 10:18 AM

Then it was bench Rolen.

Which of these three OPS are not (nearly) the same?

Hint: one started the year batting cleanup.....and after a DL stint is back batting cleanup.

Mr Larkin
08-03-2012, 10:28 AM
If I remember correctly, and I believe that I do, many on this board were highly critical of the Ludwick signing. The argument could be made that he is the best pick up of the off season, not just for the Reds, but for baseball. I heard that tossed out on ESPN and he is surely in the top 5.
The "braintrust" of this board hits less than .300. Probably closer to .200.

Captain13
08-03-2012, 10:43 AM

Hint: one started the year batting cleanup.....and after a DL stint is back batting cleanup.

But since July 14 that same guy has an OPS well over .900. It is a great problem to have, too many guys hitting well.

Ironman92
08-03-2012, 10:44 AM
If I remember correctly, and I believe that I do, many on this board were highly critical of the Ludwick signing. The argument could be made that he is the best pick up of the off season, not just for the Reds, but for baseball. I heard that tossed out on ESPN and he is surely in the top 5.
The "braintrust" of this board hits less than .300. Probably closer to .200.

I'm at .285 ......but have been very unlucky

Captain13
08-03-2012, 10:45 AM

Since July 14 that guy has an OPS well over .900 I guess that is a great problem to have; too many guys hitting the ball well. :beerme:

malcontent
08-03-2012, 11:29 AM
I'm at .285 ......but have been very unlucky
That's true. I've never seen a guy hit so many atom balls.

malcontent
08-03-2012, 11:32 AM
Since July 14 that guy has an OPS well over .900l. :beerme:
If I can't explain these late signs of life, it must have startled the hell out of the turkey vultures ripping at his necrotic hide.

miamiredskin
08-03-2012, 11:53 PM

Ironman92
08-04-2012, 12:01 AM
Still me.

OldCat
08-04-2012, 12:37 AM
Still me.

Maybe you need to travel and see a Cardinals game.