PDA

View Full Version : The Fun Returns!

Raisor
08-03-2012, 06:56 AM
It is clear to me that the current status of RZ is my fault. As the most iconic and beloved person in the history of the board, I have a duty to all of you, the little people, to make your miserable little lives a little bit more livable. Therefore, in an attempt to brighten up your dreary lives I am bringing back everyone's favorite idea, Speak in the Third Person week. Starting at game time tonight, and lasting until the Reds lose, you are required to speak in the third person. Punishment for not doing so will be severe mocking.

Raisor, champion of fun time, has spoken.

Raisor
08-03-2012, 07:15 AM
Make sure you pass it along on facebook and twitter. Raisor wants all Reds fans across the globe to join in this time. Ultimate goal is to have Raisor get mentioned on the radio again.

thatcoolguy_22
08-03-2012, 07:28 AM
Raisor, your name is very short and is already known throughout the interwebs. That cool guy underscore twenty-two hates his own name for the length and 2 breaths it takes to say fully. however That Cool Guy underscore Twenty-Two understands the need to maintain the streak.

"Because remember, a bucket is not a tree house, nor should it."

1st person to find the full post of that wins an autographed picture of Raisor that That Cool Guy underscore Twenty Two took while masked as a member of the paparazzi. Unfortunately the autograph is actually of Bieber since Raisor could not be bothered to leave his laboratory.

Crumbley
08-03-2012, 10:41 AM
Crumbley has updated his ICQ away message accordingly.

Puffy
08-03-2012, 12:04 PM
Wait, the first time we did this was because the Reds were in a funk and you started the third person speak (by the way, it wasn't actually you per se but your ego needs the boost, so.....) and the Reds went on win streak.

The Reds are currently playing lights out - - why mess with that?

vaticanplum
08-03-2012, 12:22 PM
Wait, the first time we did this was because the Reds were in a funk and you started the third person speak (by the way, it wasn't actually you per se but your ego needs the boost, so.....) and the Reds went on win streak.

Agreed. DO NOT TEMPT THE GODS.

Larkin Fan
08-03-2012, 12:41 PM

This. Third person speak was always reserved for when the Reds were doing poorly and needed to break out of a slump. We're winning, so let's not mess with that by changing the rules now!

Raisor
08-03-2012, 01:07 PM
Raisor is trying to bring the fun back. This is an important series and Raisor wants to do everything he can.

Raisor's ego can handle it.

WVRedsFan
08-03-2012, 01:15 PM
WVRedsFan is all in...

LoganBuck
08-03-2012, 02:08 PM
Raisor is trying to bring the fun back. This is an important series and Raisor wants to do everything he can.

Raisor's ego can handle it.

If this fails you must wear a red man thong to turn the tide. Just saying.

Raisor
08-03-2012, 02:12 PM
If this fails you must wear a red man thong to turn the tide. Just saying.

What makes you think Raisor isn't already doing that?

reds44
08-03-2012, 02:26 PM
Reds44 is all for this.

Speaking of twitter, Reds44 is curious how many of "you people" are on twitter?

KittyDuran
08-03-2012, 03:42 PM
Reds44 is all for this.

Speaking of twitter, Reds44 is curious how many of "you people" are on twitter?

KittyDuran is on board as well. :thumbup:

KittyDuran is also on twitter but mostly follows sports/entertainment wonks (and Duran Duran, or course) and rarely tweets. Does that make KittyDuran a twit? :confused:

klw
08-03-2012, 03:57 PM
KLW is fine with the fun returning but would be against Backsteets being back again.

StillFunkyB
08-03-2012, 06:24 PM
StillFunkyB likes the idea.

StillFunkyB was also wondering the other day what ever happened to the Reds prospect Coombs? Will he make an appearence for the Pirates series? StillFunkyB thinks just the mentioning of his name strikes fear into the black and yellow and will send them home crying.

wally post
08-03-2012, 06:53 PM
Wally likes this

Raisor
08-03-2012, 07:23 PM
Jim Coombs switch hits, but only from the left side.

RFS62
08-03-2012, 08:31 PM

Normally RFS62 would agree with this. But two very important reasons to disagree come to mind.

1. Raisor is too cool for school, a man among boys, a rock among pebbles. When he demands, the universe listens.

2. Puffy doesn't like it.

'nuff said.

Puffy
08-03-2012, 08:47 PM

Dude, first that joke you know bothers me and then this?

sonny
08-03-2012, 10:50 PM
Sonny doesn't like this idea. No, Sonny doesn't.

RedEye
08-03-2012, 10:54 PM
RedEye feels a bit on the outside of an inside joke, but is starting to get it now.

VR
08-03-2012, 11:58 PM
I'd like to raise up the voices of yore to get back on RZ and enjoy the stretch run.

62, M2, Kitty, Stormy, TB, Creek, Ltlablner, LGJ and so many others.....I hereby summon you to join the party.

Yachtzee
08-04-2012, 12:00 AM
Normally RFS62 would agree with this. But two very important reasons to disagree come to mind.

1. Raisor is too cool for school, a man among boys, a rock among pebbles. When he demands, the universe listens.

'nuff said.

Yachtzee thinks that if Raisor really wanted to bring fun to Redszone, he would throw convention to the wind and post only in passive voice.

RedEye
08-04-2012, 12:01 AM
Yachtzee thinks that if Raisor really wanted to bring fun to Redszone, he would throw convention to the wind and post only in passive voice.

Fun was brought to RedsZone by RedEye.

RedsManRick
08-04-2012, 02:11 AM
RedsManRick thinks this thread is ridiculous

RedsManRick
08-04-2012, 02:11 AM
ly awesome.

Raisor
08-04-2012, 08:19 AM
Raisor, your Fun Time Carnival Director and Party Host with the Most, is proud of his minions, except for Puffy.

You all, the little people, are why the Reds won last night.

mdccclxix
08-09-2012, 02:47 PM
mdccclxix doesn't like saying his name because he has to spell it out, or else sound like he's choking. mdccclxix thinks Raisor needs to step up his 3rd personage for various reasons.
-22 of 25.
-Now 0-4 absent this thread.
-It returns the fun.
-Etc.

cumberlandreds
08-09-2012, 03:05 PM
Cumberlandreds thinks the Cubs will bring back the fun this weekend.

_Sir_Charles_
08-09-2012, 05:31 PM
I notice that we're 1-4 with this version of "fun". I liked it before the "fun".

LoganBuck
08-09-2012, 05:48 PM
I notice that we're 1-4 with this version of "fun". I liked it before the "fun".

Crack out the man thongs.

_Sir_Charles_
08-09-2012, 08:07 PM
Crack out the man thongs.

If it's a man thong...I'm pretty sure it'll be "Crack IN"...not out. :p

wolfboy
08-10-2012, 01:22 AM
It is clear to me that the current status of RZ is my fault. As the most iconic and beloved person in the history of the board, I have a duty to all of you, the little people, to make your miserable little lives a little bit more livable. Therefore, in an attempt to brighten up your dreary lives I am bringing back everyone's favorite idea, Speak in the Third Person week. Starting at game time tonight, and lasting until the Reds lose, you are required to speak in the third person. Punishment for not doing so will be severe mocking.

Raisor, champion of fun time, has spoken.

It might be time to find enlightenment in this thread: http://www.redszone.com/forums/showthread.php?t=78306

vaticanplum
08-10-2012, 01:25 AM
It might be time to find enlightenment in this thread: http://www.redszone.com/forums/showthread.php?t=78306

Yep. This is a season-high fifth straight loss. Please stop talking in the third person now.

08-10-2012, 01:33 AM
Okay Raisor et all, we all had our fun, now let's get back to winning and being miserable.

Yachtzee
08-10-2012, 01:47 AM
I blame Bob Boone. I heard he was hiding on a grassy knoll outside GABP when the skid began.

StillFunkyB
08-10-2012, 05:06 PM
I blame Bob Boone. I heard he was hiding on a grassy knoll outside GABP when the skid began.

Danny Graves was waiting in the getaway car.

:lol: