PDA

View Full Version : Pirates Series Roll Call

mdccclxix
08-03-2012, 02:54 PM
Who's going? I need reports that this is indeed a battle atop the division with the Pirates.

And can we stop pretending like we enjoy this cute little story about the Pirates? Why should anyone feel sorry for them when they were pocketing millions in cash year after year? It's not feel good, it's not fun to split season series with them, Clint Hurdle is not fun to look at or watch be a pain in the a$$, it's all a pile of :thumbdown:.

I say 'no' to the Pirates and inevitably 'no' to Pittsburgh and most definitely by extension 'no' to Paul Daugherty, closet Pirates fan, aka instigator of horrible ideas.

Go Reds!!!

vaticanplum
08-03-2012, 02:55 PM
I would like to go on record as saying I MOST DEFINITELY DO NOT ENJOY this cute little story about the Pirates. If they sweep, my life is going to be miserable. Can you carry that on your conscience, Reds? I don't think you want to try.

But don't say no to Pittsburgh. Pittsburgh is nice.

cumberlandreds
08-03-2012, 02:58 PM
If I lived in Cincy I would try to go. But since I don't live there or anywhere close to Cincy I will be watching on TeeVee.

mdccclxix
I would like to go on record as saying I MOST DEFINITELY DO NOT ENJOY this cute little story about the Pirates. If they sweep, my life is going to be miserable. Can you carry that on your conscience, Reds? I don't think you want to try.

Yeah...a little TOO nice...What's going on up river?

Actually, in my zealousness I voted yes, when in fact I will not be at that series at all and perhaps not even via my laptop.

Hoosier Red
I'm going tomorrow with my friend(a native Pittsburgher) and my brother.

Caveman Techie
08-03-2012, 03:04 PM
Going on Sunday to watch the Reds complete the sweep :)

Chip R
08-03-2012, 03:05 PM
Going on Sunday to watch the Reds complete the sweep :)

Same here.

George Anderson
08-03-2012, 03:05 PM
I will be there Saturday night sitting up top behind home plate dressed as a blind mouse.

Nasty_Boy
08-03-2012, 03:24 PM
On my way as we speak.

BuckeyeRedleg
08-03-2012, 03:25 PM
BuckeyeRedleg will be watching from home as he celebrates his daughter's b-day party and from his phone as he attends Dublin's Irish Festival.

But BuckeyeRedleg will be with the Reds in spirit.

redsfan30
08-03-2012, 03:28 PM
I will be there Sunday as well.

Raisor
08-03-2012, 03:31 PM
Raisor lives in South Carolina, but Raisor wishes he could be at the ball park this weekend. Raisor likes watching the pretty girls and falling down the isle and crushing children.

On second thought, its probably a good thing Raisor is staying at home this time.

dfs
08-03-2012, 03:33 PM
I'll be there Saturday to watch the come from behind fun.

redsmetz
08-03-2012, 03:50 PM

My wife just said pretty much this exact same thing to her younger brother. They're all Cardinals fans (since they're from Missouri) and he called this week to get some info for something. He's writing everything out, gets to our address and says, "Cincinnat, sucks, Ohio" and my wife told him, you can say the Reds suck, but don't say Cincinnati sucks - it's a great town. Thirty-three years living here and it's her home now. :thumbup:

KittyDuran
08-03-2012, 03:58 PM
KittyDuran will be at tonight and tomorrow night's games (in the club!) :thumbup:

NC Reds
08-03-2012, 04:11 PM
Wish I were. I have tix for the three game series against Cardinals later this month.

Chip R
08-03-2012, 04:25 PM
KittyDuran will be at tonight and tomorrow night's games (in the club!) :thumbup:

Hope you enjoy your fois gras.

vaticanplum
08-03-2012, 04:28 PM

Small Swans In Da Club - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=viQk7eovcvs)

Homer Bailey
08-03-2012, 04:47 PM
Pains me that I'm going to be in Cincinnati for the first time in four years and I'm not able to go to any of the games.

Reds/Flyers Fan
08-03-2012, 05:21 PM
That cute Pittsburgh thing is total garbage. That's a city that wins Super Bowls and Stanley Cups by the truckload, and we're supposed to get all warm and fuzzy about the Pirates? Sorry, but no way.

The way Pittsburgh fans stood and high-fived and cheered in PBS when Carson Palmer was being taken off the field on the cart for Cincinnati's first playoff game in 15 years after the cheapest of all cheap shots ... well, I won't shed a tear for any of that city's teams - ever.

Here's to 20 more losing seasons for the Pirates after this year.

Nasty_Boy
08-03-2012, 05:43 PM
That cute Pittsburgh thing is total garbage. That's a city that wins Super Bowls and Stanley Cups by the truckload, and we're supposed to get all warm and fuzzy about the Pirates? Sorry, but no way.

The way Pittsburgh fans stood and high-fived and cheered in PBS when Carson Palmer was being taken off the field on the cart for Cincinnati's first playoff game in 15 years after the cheapest of all cheap shots ... well, I won't shed a tear for any of that city's teams - ever.

Here's to 20 more losing seasons for the Pirates after this year.

Best! Post! Ever!

KittyDuran
08-03-2012, 07:50 PM
Hope you enjoy your fois gras.

KittyDuran wonders if fois gras is vegan? ;)

Crumbley
08-03-2012, 09:44 PM
I'm a three hour+ drive. Will be supporting them for the entire LA series in September.

Dan
08-03-2012, 10:46 PM
Dan can't go because he's 500 miles away. But he's been to 2 Reds games (one in DC, one in Cinci) this year and may go again at the end of August when he's visiting family in Dayton.