PDA

View Full Version : If you could set the rotation for this weekend

brm7675
08-03-2012, 03:12 PM
The Pirates first had Eric B. scheduled to go Sunday but changed their mind and will keep AJ on his normal rotation and go Sunday. The Reds made no changes to their rotation for this weekend series.

If you could set the 3 Reds pitchers to pitch this weekend how would you have set it?

I would have gone with:

Bailey - Friday
Latos - Sat
Cueto - Sunday

webbbj
08-03-2012, 03:30 PM
im confident in all the starters i dont really see any need to change the rotation. it would of been nice to get cueto in the mix but the other guys should be able to handle the series fine.

jback76
08-03-2012, 03:35 PM
The Pirates first had Eric B. scheduled to go Sunday but changed their mind and will keep AJ on his normal rotation and go Sunday. The Reds made no changes to their rotation for this weekend series.

If you could set the 3 Reds pitchers to pitch this weekend how would you have set it?

I would have gone with:

Bailey - Friday
Latos - Sat
Cueto - Sunday

I like this rotation also. I think they gave Bailey the big lead the other day and he lost focus for whatever reason. I think he bounces back nicely.

R_Webb18
08-03-2012, 03:38 PM
cueto 1st. b/c i think he's our best pitcher and if you win game 1 you have two chances to win the series.

jback76
08-03-2012, 03:43 PM
cueto 1st. b/c i think he's our best pitcher and if you win game 1 you have two chances to win the series.

The only reason I would have had Cueto on Sunday is to match up against Burnett other wise you're probably right.

OGB
08-03-2012, 03:59 PM
I'd keep it the same. Leake will bounce back after his last outing. Bailey dominates the Pirates.

KentuckyHillbil
08-03-2012, 04:27 PM
Personally, I'd like to see Latos, Bailey and Cueto.

While I don't particularly care for the man, Tony LaRussa always seemed to have the knack of getting his best starters into the big series. Wish the same type of forethought (and it certainly does take forethought) was present in Cincinnati.

Brisco
08-03-2012, 05:05 PM
Personally, I'd like to see Latos, Bailey and Cueto.

While I don't particularly care for the man, Tony LaRussa always seemed to have the knack of getting his best starters into the big series. Wish the same type of forethought (and it certainly does take forethought) was present in Cincinnati.

Tony did many things right... but I do not believe this was one of them. Think about the results in 2010... he manipulated the rotation to sweep the Reds, but then paid for it the next month when the pitching went into a slump and the Reds blew by them.

In the postseason, it is all about a single series. In the regular season, no series is any more important than any other. In the end its the total games you win... it does not matter which teams you beat in order to get those wins.

Mr Larkin
08-04-2012, 12:21 AM
I would not mess with the rotation. Any tinkering today could hurt the team later.

Brisco
08-04-2012, 12:17 PM
Tony did many things right... but I do not believe this was one of them. Think about the results in 2010... he manipulated the rotation to sweep the Reds, but then paid for it the next month when the pitching went into a slump and the Reds blew by them.

In the postseason, it is all about a single series. In the regular season, no series is any more important than any other. In the end its the total games you win... it does not matter which teams you beat in order to get those wins.

One more thought... How does altering the rotation for the big series during the season affect the confidence of that #4 or #5 that gets pushed back?
Your manager does not have faith in you and now the whole world knows it. That's bad juju for any young pitcher.

drowg14
08-04-2012, 12:23 PM
In my opinion, you only change the rotation for a series, mid to late september, if you are trying to make up ground. But for the purpose of the thread....

Cueto, Latos, Bailey. You could move those three around based on when they pitched last of course. But those would be the three I'd want.