PDA

View Full Version : Last night lucky>?

bmwreds31
08-04-2012, 02:10 PM
I mean we could look at as destiny or what have you.

We did pitch very well and play great defense. But we cant expect to shut teams out every night.

The line up that we threw out there last night from a hitting stand point is just so bloody ugly its laughable.

We got a run off a latos HR and heisy Inside the parker. lol

I want to be just as optimistic as the next guy. But without bruce/BP/and votto. Good lord. What a terrible hitting team we have.

SO yes we get bruce back tonight. But leake is on the mound. I dont see this lineup scoring more than two runs. I really hope differently. But we either need to make a change or get our players back quick. Im not so sure these pirates are going to go away.

Jdattilo
08-04-2012, 02:13 PM
Averaging more than 5 runs since Votto absence began.

Pythag has them about even.

Relax. Have some fun.

RedsFanInBama
08-04-2012, 02:17 PM
God almighty. It must suck to go through life always expecting bad things to happen.

ervinsm84
08-04-2012, 02:26 PM
uh... according to the oddsmakers the Reds are still favored to win tonight. Currently if someone wants to wager on the Reds, It's bet 1.30$ to profit 1$. And that is despite having the #5 starter go against their #1 or #2 guy. And that includes no Votto and a ? with whether BP plays.

dubc47834
08-04-2012, 02:56 PM
really. I would say if you think that you have the thickest red colored glasses on in the history of redszone.com. :rolleyes:

Its just the facts. The ball is falling our way lately. Even stubbs said it in a interview during the winning streak. Its baseball. I get it. But eventually it will come back to bite us.

This lineup is weak. Thats all im trying to say. If you cant see that there is no hope for you.

Weak....um no. Now its not the Yankees of old but by no means are they weak. Plus how do you know that the beginning of the year we were down and now things are coming back to bite us in a good way.

R_Webb18
08-04-2012, 03:17 PM
if u look at who's batting for the year its not pretty but if you take what happened the last few months you expect to win.

it seemed like in april we were wondering if we could score. now it always feel we will score enough

bmwreds31
08-04-2012, 03:30 PM
Weak....um no. Now its not the Yankees of old but by no means are they weak. Plus how do you know that the beginning of the year we were down and now things are coming back to bite us in a good way.

what r u trying to say? You think cairo and rolen are on the upsides of their career>?

Nobody was even talking about earlier in the year. What im saying now the line-up were throwing out there is weak. We got lucky last night with an inside the parker that could have just as easily been an out and a latos HR.

What im trying to say is i dont see 1-2 runs winning the next two ball games vs the pirates. So either were going to have to continue to play above our baseball cards or else were going to start to lose some ball games while our big dogs are on the bench.

Also furthermore i disagreed with not making a move for another bat in this line-up during the trade deadline.

I think a lot people tend to get blinded by the fact that were winning and not see who were winning against. People tended to get comfortable with our team because were winning. However when it comes playoff time were not going to playing these losers anymore and our team is going to need more to compete. We went through this in 2010. Everybody acted the same way.

cooperlamar
08-04-2012, 03:38 PM
Of course the lineup was weak last night - missing Votto, Phillips, and Bruce but still found a way to win. Phillips and Bruce are playing tonight and Votto will be back soon.

Again we won the game - no idea why people are so pessimistic after winning 21 of 24.

Maker_84
08-04-2012, 04:00 PM
Without our 2 best players and above average player in Bruce i went into the night with no expectations and came out pleasantly surprised. I will say 3 runs wont be enough to win the next 2 because Bailey and Leake aren't near the pitchers Latos is.

Mr.Redleg82
08-04-2012, 04:39 PM
Just enjoy how this team is playing and the position they're in. Brm7675 is jealous at the awfulness of this thread.

AintlifeGrande
08-04-2012, 04:50 PM
Ludwick has been dialed in since the break.So our offense aint exactly been putrid.

Doug4500
08-04-2012, 05:20 PM
What im trying to say is i dont see 1-2 runs winning the next two ball games vs the pirates. So either were going to have to continue to play above our baseball cards or else were going to start to lose some ball games while our big dogs are on the bench.

For most of the season, a lot of them have been playing below their baseball cards. Just to get to where it evens out they need to play lights out. Like they say it normally evens out in the end so just hold on and enjoy the ride.

Redlegs Homer
08-04-2012, 05:23 PM
A lot of teams wish they could have this terrible hitting team.

RedsFanInBama
08-04-2012, 05:50 PM
what r u trying to say? You think cairo and rolen are on the upsides of their career>?

Nobody was even talking about earlier in the year. What im saying now the line-up were throwing out there is weak. We got lucky last night with an inside the parker that could have just as easily been an out and a latos HR.

Also furthermore i disagreed with not making a move for another bat in this line-up during the trade deadline.

I think a lot people tend to get blinded by the fact that were winning and not see who were winning against. People tended to get comfortable with our team because were winning. However when it comes playoff time were not going to playing these losers anymore and our team is going to need more to compete. We went through this in 2010. Everybody acted the same way.

Do you get any joy out of the baseball season?

Mr Larkin
08-04-2012, 11:49 PM
We won again. Without our top two, with Leake on the mound and against their number 1 (who had dominated us this year) and in a situation where the Pirates were in desperate need.

Things look good. Why be negative?

BurgervilleBuck
08-04-2012, 11:58 PM
Do you get any joy out of the baseball season?
This.

I just watched one heck of a scrappy game tonight. The game was put away when one of the more maligned players this season knocked out a double, turned it into a triple, and managed a Pete Rose head first slide into third base. I don't care what anyone says, you cannot deny that this team is starting to show some major heart. Why bother thinking over what if's and woulda/couldla/shoulda. We're seeing what we've been longing to see, a winning team that wins by blowing out, shutting out, or clawing out. The wins will not always be pretty but, when I last checked, there wasn't a stat for that.

Your team is leading the Central Division, the National League, and all of the Major Leagues in wins. Enjoy the moment. Enjoy the season. The time for whining and doubting is over. Either be a part of Reds country or find a fanbase that will always second guess a good thing.

Cicero2.0
08-05-2012, 02:11 AM
I am not at all concerned about it. I am excited by it. This team has learned to win regardless of the situation. We can blow you out, beat you in a pitchers duel or scratch out a few runs to win an ugly game. The Reds are finding ways to win. I love it.

Australian Red
08-05-2012, 05:00 AM
You make your own luck

CrosleyField
08-05-2012, 06:44 AM
I'd rather be lucky, than good.

smixsell
08-05-2012, 01:00 PM
Not lucky, good tight baseball.

bmwreds31
08-08-2012, 06:04 PM
hmmmm still dont think that series or game may have been lucky. This hitting lineup stinks.

Ironman92
08-08-2012, 06:13 PM
You make your own luck

Ok....maybe the Cardinals made their own luck last year on that great run of numerous huge hits and bloopers all the way through to win it all....but if about 20 bad breaks in the last 3 weeks didn't happen to the Braves (even though the Braves made that unlucky happening).....the Cardinals were off-the-chart lucky for that to happen.

The Rage
08-08-2012, 06:36 PM
Reds were overwinning and things have evened out. It will turn again, likely this Cubs series.