PDA

View Full Version : Saturday August 4 Minor League Updates

dougdirt
08-04-2012, 07:13 PM
Louisville is tied 3-3 in the 4th. Phipps has a 2 run HR. Gregorius has a double. Costanzo has a solo shot. Sean Gallagher on the mound going against former Red Scott Carroll.

Dayton just getting started. Jacob Johnson on the mound.

Cingrani in about 30 minutes for Pensacola.

Walczak for Bakersfield.

dougdirt
08-04-2012, 07:20 PM
Jacob Johnson gives up a wall scraper home run on the 9th pitch to the leadoff batter. Dragons down 1-0.

dougdirt
08-04-2012, 07:26 PM
Dayton being Dayton.... two errors so far in the first (Arias and Johnson).

dougdirt
08-04-2012, 07:39 PM
Another home run off of Jacob Johnson makes it 2-0 Loons over the Dragons.

dougdirt
08-04-2012, 07:59 PM
Pensacola up 1-0. Hamilton walked but was thrown out by 6 feet trying to steal. Fellhauer (double) scored on a Mills double.

dougdirt
08-04-2012, 08:12 PM
Tony Cingrani gave up a leadoff double, but struck out 2 to strand him in the first. 1-0 Wahoos.

dougdirt
08-04-2012, 08:32 PM
Louisville won 4-3.

dougdirt
08-04-2012, 08:38 PM
Jacob Johnson is not fooling anyone tonight. A ton of hard hit balls.

mace
08-04-2012, 10:53 PM
Jacob Johnson is not fooling anyone tonight. A ton of hard hit balls.

He's had a very, very rough time lately. Coming off an injury like he is--having missed all of last year--I wonder if he just hit a wall at some point.

mace
08-04-2012, 10:57 PM
Pensacola's tied 1-1 in the 9th.

Cingrani: 5 IP, 4 H, 0 R, 4 BB, 4 K.

mace
08-04-2012, 11:00 PM
Dayton came back with 2 in the eighth and 4 in the ninth to win 6-5. Juan Perez tripled in both innings. Silva homered. Buckley made two outs in the 9th. Carlos Contreras picked up the save.

mace
08-04-2012, 11:02 PM
After falling behind 3-0, Billings is now up 7-3 in the fifth. Winker has a triple. Brandon Dailey has a couple hits, with a double. Jose Amezcua has given up only one earned run and struck out 6.

11larkin11
08-05-2012, 12:50 AM
I kind of hope Cingrani struggles some. Force him to throw his other two pitches more, so he knows he can't just rely on the fastball.

bubbachunk
08-05-2012, 10:01 AM
I kind of hope Cingrani struggles some. Force him to throw his other two pitches more, so he knows he can't just rely on the fastball.

Thats what I say he was in the midst of doing currently. Sure tonight he didn't give up any runs but he only went 5 innings and 4 walks vs 4 strike outs after his two worst professional outings.

JaxRed
08-05-2012, 12:06 PM
Actually in his previous outing he gave up only one earned run and held batters to a .188 average.

He had one bad game. He is coming out of games early because they are trying to hold his innings down. He is, I suspect, throwing more balls out the strike zone because they are forcing him to throw other pitches.

bubbachunk
08-05-2012, 12:47 PM
Actually in his previous outing he gave up only one earned run and held batters to a .188 average.

He had one bad game. He is coming out of games early because they are trying to hold his innings down. He is, I suspect, throwing more balls out the strike zone because they are forcing him to throw other pitches.

1 unearned run but 3 overall along with only 3K/2W in 4.1ip

That to me is still struggling for that game. I am not trying to be overly critical just pointing out facts because some posters wanted to seem to call him the next coming with just a year and a half of ball between high A and AA.

Vottomatic
08-05-2012, 01:44 PM
1 unearned run but 3 overall along with only 3K/2W in 4.1ip

That to me is still struggling for that game. I am not trying to be overly critical just pointing out facts because some posters wanted to seem to call him the next coming with just a year and a half of ball between high A and AA.

I disagree.

If a pitcher is cruising through the minors on 2 pitches, dominating. But he's told he won't make it at the major league level unless he works on his other pitches.......I'm sure he's working on other pitches to add to his repetoire. I don't blame him.

He's shown what he's capable of. Now he's got to show some refining of other pitches.

bubbachunk
08-05-2012, 03:55 PM
I disagree.

If a pitcher is cruising through the minors on 2 pitches, dominating. But he's told he won't make it at the major league level unless he works on his other pitches.......I'm sure he's working on other pitches to add to his repetoire. I don't blame him.

He's shown what he's capable of. Now he's got to show some refining of other pitches.

What are you disagreeing with?

Are you claiming to have inside information on his situation to which he was told expand what type of pitches you throw because you won't make it?

How do you know that it is just not the league getting a scouting report on him or wearing down from pitching as many innings as he has thus far?

JaxRed
08-05-2012, 04:11 PM
You already established bubba that you had an agenda to show he's not the next coming. Bottom line... last 2 games he's pitched 9.1 innings, with an ERA below 1.00.

bubbachunk
08-05-2012, 07:38 PM
You already established bubba that you had an agenda to show he's not the next coming. Bottom line... last 2 games he's pitched 9.1 innings, with an ERA below 1.00.

Just because I disagree does not mean that I have an "agenda". Also I look at peripherals when discussing how a pitching prospect in AA is doing. Just because he is not giving up runs does not mean everything is running smoothly as it had been for him prior.