PDA

View Full Version : Re-sign Rolen?

Vottomatic
08-04-2012, 11:24 PM
His performance since the AS Break and coming off the disabled list has been phenomenal. Batting over .300 with clutch hit after clutch hit. His rbi single and huge triple tonight won the game.

If he doesn't retire, and he'll come cheap, I'd bring him back as a part time player. He looks the best he's looked since 2010 to me.

redsfandan
08-04-2012, 11:27 PM
Hmmm I don't know. Yeah, he's been good since the all-star break. But, that's been how many games? How many more games have shown that the end is near? I like Rolen but I don't think we should get carried away with emotions when things are going really good.

Vottomatic
08-04-2012, 11:30 PM
Hmmm I don't know. Yeah, he's been good since the all-star break. But, that's been how many games? How many more games have shown that the end is near? I like Rolen but I don't think we should get carried away with emotions when things are going really good.

Maybe not now, but if August/September/ and the Postseason are good for him, I think it becomes an honest question.

I'm simply talking a 1 year contract at like $2 to $3M, with the stipulation he's only gonna start maybe 80-100 games.

redsfandan
08-04-2012, 11:34 PM
Maybe not now, but if August/September/ and the Postseason are good for him, I think it becomes an honest question.

I'm simply talking a 1 year contract at like $2 to $3M, with the stipulation he's only gonna start maybe 80-100 games.

If he was willing to take only that much then yeah I'd have to consider it. But, most of the time he's been either injured or subpar and it's not like he has alot of versatility to play other positions besides 3rd.

George Foster
08-04-2012, 11:34 PM
he won't come back as a bench player, he respects himself to much to do that. He is a HOF candidate. you have to know when to leave the stage. I think he does.

Coming back as a bench or hitting coach...I like it.

Vottomatic
08-04-2012, 11:36 PM
Well if they win it all, I could see him retiring, going out on top. That would be cool.

I'm just so happy to see his resurgence with the hope it continues and he finishes his career strong.

redsfandan
08-04-2012, 11:37 PM
he won't come back as a bench player, he respects himself to much to do that. He is a HOF candidate. you have to know when to leave the stage. I think he does.

Coming back as a bench or hitting coach...I like it.

That feels right to me. With the way the Reds season is going Rolen has a chance to go out on top with his last game at least being in the playoffs. Can't beat that.

Always Red
08-04-2012, 11:38 PM
Nope.

Play it out, and move along.

It's been a great career. He's gonna be sore again before September is upon us. Age and injury does that to a body.

PuffyPig
08-04-2012, 11:39 PM
The choice to bring back Rolen can be made, or even considered, at the end of the season.

But it's likely a bad choice. A very, very bad choice.

REDREAD
08-04-2012, 11:51 PM

Yes, for that price you do it. No brainer.