PDA

View Full Version : Yuniesky Betancourt

HometownHero
08-06-2012, 03:42 PM
Has been DFAed by the Royals, I would love for us to take a shot on him to replace Wilson Valdez as the reserve middle infielder. If we're going to have a guy who has a poor BA and terrible OBP at least get a guy who can leave the yard or pop some XBH around the yard.

He was one of the Brewers best playoff performers last October with a line of .310/.326/.500/.826 in the playoffs so I would feel much better with him over Valdez if BP or Cozart get hurt for extended period also adding another SS might light a fire under Zack to get it going.

EMAW
08-06-2012, 03:48 PM
Terrible defender, was run out of KC because manager (on hot seat) did not like his attitude. He is a complete non walker-hackaholic, but does have pop. No range at any of the three spots on defense. Would be ok if you carry two utility men (one for glove work)

OGB
08-06-2012, 05:51 PM
Why do you want to mess with the chemistry of the team with the best record in baseball? If it's a clear upgrade (ala adding Broxton as the setup man) that's one thing, but it's questionable as to whether or not Betancourt makes this a better team.

AintlifeGrande
08-06-2012, 06:32 PM
Why do you want to mess with the chemistry of the team with the best record in baseball? If it's a clear upgrade (ala adding Broxton as the setup man) that's one thing, but it's questionable as to whether or not Betancourt makes this a better team.

Absolutely.

HometownHero
08-06-2012, 07:03 PM
Chemistry doesn't take ABs if a middle infielder gets hurt Wilson Valdez does. Betancourt was the starting SS for a team that won this division last year and was in the NLCS and was on their best playoff performers.

Winning = Chemistry, If this teams lost 9 of 10 and fell out of first I highly doubt we hear how good chemistry is.