PDA

View Full Version : Reds @ Brewers...August 6th

Pages : 1 [2]

P.E.R#14
08-06-2012, 11:46 PM
Yeah, we need to find a loophole that sends Aoki back to Japan!!

Really good D

P.E.R#14
08-06-2012, 11:47 PM
SCOTTY!! Still got it.

RedsFanInBama
08-06-2012, 11:48 PM
Great play by Rolen.

P.E.R#14
08-06-2012, 11:49 PM
I don't do this very often, but this could be a "one-batter too many" night by Dusty.

Granted, if Arroyo was pulled, the reliever could have given up 15 runs you never know.

HometownHero
08-06-2012, 11:49 PM
I think the point people are trying to make is that TRUE baseball fans don't freak out during a 22-3 (or whatever it is) streak when you get down a few runs. This is a 162-game marathon. Relax. This game has nothing to do with the outcome of our season other than a game in the standings.

Go Reds!

The 22-3 run was great and all but its in the past, if we don't come back off their godawful BP that run only will have netted us just a handful of games in the standings.

Over the last 39 games if we don't come back we will have only picked up 2 games on both the Cardinals and Pirates and we went 5-1 against them combined with us winning .692 ball over the span.

If we get beat by a rival and a team that just rolled over for 3 in St Louis to lose 2 games in standings to both chasing us while starting a 7 game trip while the rivals are both at home, its ok to be upset and you can still be a fan.

RedsFanInBama
08-06-2012, 11:52 PM
You need to look at the big picture. That 22-3 run netted us 22 wins. That's the point. The standings are meaningless right now. We still have too many games to play - including games against St. Louis and Pittsburgh - to concern yourself with them.

Billy_Bearcat
08-06-2012, 11:53 PM
Navarro's defense is no bueno.

P.E.R#14
08-06-2012, 11:54 PM
The 22-3 run was great and all but its in the past, if we don't come back off their godawful BP that run only will have netted us just a handful of games in the standings.

Over the last 39 games if we don't come back we will have only picked up 2 games on both the Cardinals and Pirates and we went 5-1 against them combined with us winning .692 ball over the span.

If we get beat by a rival and a team that just rolled over for 3 in St Louis to lose 2 games in standings to both chasing us while starting a 7 game trip while the rivals are both at home, its ok to be upset and you can still be a fan.

The Cards and the Pirates both have much more difficult remaning schedules as compared to the Reds' schedule. I think we need to have someone to allow a starting pitcher or two to get an off day, but when Votto and BP get back and healthy, we are in great shape.

Also, that span is continuing, it's not in the past. This is one of the best Reds stretches of ALL TIME.

Go Reds!!

RedsFanInBama
08-06-2012, 11:54 PM
Navarro's lackluster defense just cost us a huge run.

Maker_84
08-06-2012, 11:55 PM
arredondo really gets on my nerves

Who Dey Time

The Cardinals and Pirates have been hot. During their hot stretch the Reds have gained ground on both. If the Reds are allegedly going to level off at some point, logic tends to dictate that STL and PIT will as well.

Maker_84
Navarro's defense is no bueno.

defense and offense. How long is Mes suspended for??

BluegrassRedleg
08-06-2012, 11:56 PM
Arredondo and Ondrusek... don't trust these guys at all anymore.

RedsFanInBama
08-06-2012, 11:57 PM
One more shot here, boys. Axford is terrible so we still have a chance. I'd love for it to be a 2-run game right now, though.

Maker_84

i can see now why they got Broxton, hopefully Masset gets back sooner than later

BluegrassRedleg
Yeah, we need to find a loophole that sends Aoki back to Japan!!

Really good D

Although he looks shaky in the progress... go figure.

Mutaman
This isn't football.

You have hit upon the primary point which most unsophisticated baseball fans fail to realize. They think its a 16 game season: Thus they get too high when they win and they get too low when they lose. And many of them post on SunDeck.

Mutaman
08-06-2012, 11:58 PM

Pretty sad that we failed to get Victorino because we refuse to give up a guy that nobody trusts.

Maker_84
08-06-2012, 11:59 PM
Pretty sad that we failed to get Victorino because we refuse to give up a guy that nobody trusts.

he was only gonna be a 1 year rental

RedsFanInBama
08-07-2012, 12:00 AM
Wow. Brewers fans booing Axford for throwing ball 3.

RedsFanInBama
08-07-2012, 12:01 AM
Now Axford is throwing 97-98. WTH?

P.E.R#14
Now Axford is throwing 97-98. WTH?

Yeah I'd like to see Aroldis on this gun.

BluegrassRedleg
C'mon, Redlegs. Get a runner on, let the magic work.

RedsFanInBama
08-07-2012, 12:02 AM
Yeah I'd like to see Aroldis on this gun.

Very strange. He was at 93-94 last inning.

Stray
08-07-2012, 12:04 AM
We had our shot in the 8th...good catch killed it.

RedsFanInBama
Aoki can see the future. Who plays right there?

BluegrassRedleg
Seriously... WTF is Aoki doing positioned there???

Stray
08-07-2012, 12:05 AM
Aoki can see the future. Who plays right there?

Did you see where he played Hanigan earlier? He was on the line lol.

P.E.R#14
And then there's tomorrow. Good night all.

Go Reds!!

Who Dey Time
Get em tomorrow....got Cueto going so you feel good about that.

P.E.R#14
And then there's tomorrow. Good night all.

Go Reds!!

BluegrassRedleg
08-07-2012, 12:06 AM
Get a good night's sleep, Cueto. Need ace showing from you tomorrow.

RedsFanInBama
08-07-2012, 12:06 AM
Not a good game at all.

Left a lot of runs out there on offense and Dusty let Bronson go for too long. This was a winnable game.

Still, best record in the game and a good chance to pull even with JC going tomorrow.

HometownHero
08-07-2012, 12:07 AM
You need to look at the big picture. That 22-3 run netted us 22 wins. That's the point. The standings are meaningless right now. We still have too many games to play - including games against St. Louis and Pittsburgh - to concern yourself with them.

The standings are all that matter, We can win 120 games but if 5 other teams win more we're screwed. The Cardinals won the WS before after winning 83 games.

The Cards and the Pirates both have much more difficult remaning schedules as compared to the Reds' schedule. I think we need to have someone to allow a starting pitcher or two to get an off day, but when Votto and BP get back and healthy, we are in great shape.

Also, that span is continuing, it's not in the past. This is one of the best Reds stretches of ALL TIME.

Go Reds!!

The Cards are erasing those good teams off the schedule and doing so with wins, its not going to be much longer both both those teams until the worm turns and they get back into the easy part.

The Cardinals and Pirates have been hot. During their hot stretch the Reds have gained ground on both. If the Reds are allegedly going to level off at some point, logic tends to dictate that STL and PIT will as well.

I would hope they do eventually but they both are currently getting extended home stands. The Cardinals have won 16 of 19 at home and have 13 of their next 16 there. I'm not on here worried for fun or to cause a stink, they have legit opening in the schedule getting their hard games where they are lights out and they are winning them.

RedsFanInBama
08-07-2012, 12:07 AM
Did you see where he played Hanigan earlier? He was on the line lol.

Yeah, they must have badass scouts is all I can say. That play on Hanny took away two runs if he is playing in a regular spot.

RedsFanInBama
08-07-2012, 12:09 AM
WTFMang (nice name, btw),

The standings matter at the end of the year. Right now they mean nothing. Have a good night.

I would suggest a name change to "The Cards Are Awesome" because that's all you've spent the past two hours talking about.

Who Dey Time
08-07-2012, 12:10 AM
The standings are all that matter, We can win 120 games but if 5 other teams win more we're screwed. The Cardinals won the WS before after winning 83 games.

The Cards are erasing those good teams off the schedule and doing so with wins, its not going to be much longer both both those teams until the worm turns and they get back into the easy part.

I would hope they do eventually but they both are currently getting extended home stands. The Cardinals have won 16 of 19 at home and have 13 of their next 16 there. I'm not on here worried for fun or to cause a stink, they have legit opening in the schedule getting their hard games where they are lights out and they are winning them.

The Reds next 13 are against the Brewers, Cubs, Mets and Cubs again. Not exactly world beaters.

Mutaman
08-07-2012, 12:12 AM
he was only gonna be a 1 year rental

Duh...... this is the year!

Ironman92
08-07-2012, 12:14 AM
You guys sure talk a lot about other teams and standing a lot. About 50 games left....need to play well.

Looking down the box score and a lot of guys on base 1 time, 2 guys got on twice...a few didn't get on at all and Rolen got on 4 times in 4 tries......he's really doing great but I really want him to stay fresh.

Mutaman
08-07-2012, 12:19 AM
In the early part of the year, the boys were stymied by anyone who pitched right handed. Now we are only getting beat by fairly good right handers and better. That's progress.

Maker_84
08-07-2012, 12:24 AM
Duh...... this is the year!

I want this team to be a contender for a few seasons not just this one

HometownHero
08-07-2012, 12:27 AM
WTFMang (nice name, btw),

The standings matter at the end of the year. Right now they mean nothing. Have a good night.

I would suggest a name change to "The Cards Are Awesome" because that's all you've spent the past two hours talking about.

We will have to agree to disagree, but the standing are all that matters in baseball.

The Reds next 13 are against the Brewers, Cubs, Mets and Cubs again. Not exactly world beaters.

Not at all we should win but we just got dropped by one, we can't be losing to teams who are playing for stats especially while those teams are getting home games.