PDA

View Full Version : Votto in Chicago

Gunner44
08-06-2012, 07:42 PM
Hey, just wondering if anyone has heard if Votto will be back for the Cubs series? I'm guessing no because we aren't hearing anything but I'm going to the Thursday and Friday games and selfishly would love to see him in there crushing the cubbies.

Also is anyone else gonna be there? And if anyone has any advice for cool places around the stadium that would be awesome. Me and my dad are going so it should be a great weekend. Never been to Wrigley and I've heard not to wear Reds gear, but I'll certainly be decked out both games. Any input, advice, or fellow fans going please leave anything you'd like here. Thanks in advice guys, I don't post much but this really is a great board!

m21eagle45
08-06-2012, 08:01 PM
Hey, just wondering if anyone has heard if Votto will be back for the Cubs series? I'm guessing no because we aren't hearing anything but I'm going to the Thursday and Friday games and selfishly would love to see him in there crushing the cubbies.

Also is anyone else gonna be there? And if anyone has any advice for cool places around the stadium that would be awesome. Me and my dad are going so it should be a great weekend. Never been to Wrigley and I've heard not to wear Reds gear, but I'll certainly be decked out both games. Any input, advice, or fellow fans going please leave anything you'd like here. Thanks in advice guys, I don't post much but this really is a great board!

I have worn Reds gear every time that I have gone and had absolutely no problems at all. There are tons of bars and restaurants around the stadium, but for some reason cannot think of their names off the top of my head. I know the 1 I have often seen a lot of Reds fans was right across the street from the sign that everyone takes pictures of outside the stadium.

mroby85
08-06-2012, 08:02 PM

All ive heard on the pregame was they said he was going on the trip, but they doubted he would play, and probably return next week, but before that they said he may be back by the Pittsburgh series so our guess is probably as good as theirs lol. I wore a Votto all-star jersey and a Reds hat last year and everyone was fine. We also sat behind the plate and not in the bleachers though so that could make a difference lol.

Gunner44
08-06-2012, 08:06 PM
Hey guys thanks for the quick response. And Eagle I'll definitely have to check it out around the sign. Would love to chat it up with a few other reds fans there. Mroby I think you're right. Which can be frustrating at times.

cooperlamar
08-06-2012, 09:13 PM
I will be there with 5 other Reds fans both Friday and Saturday. I don't anticipate Reds fans having any issues as long as they're not jerks. We'll have a lot of fans there.

OSUredsFAN
08-06-2012, 10:01 PM
I have worn Reds gear every time that I have gone and had absolutely no problems at all. There are tons of bars and restaurants around the stadium, but for some reason cannot think of their names off the top of my head. I know the 1 I have often seen a lot of Reds fans was right across the street from the sign that everyone takes pictures of outside the stadium.

That would be The Cubbie Bear.

Red Ivy, Sports Corner, Casey Morans is a few of the good ones

Gunner44
08-06-2012, 10:43 PM
Thank you guys for the advice and heads up. I really appreciate it. Coop I think you are right , there shouldn't be any issues plus I expect a lot of reds fans as well.

Osureds we will definitely check those bars out. Plus I like the name, I went to OSU myself. Go Bucks lol, can't help myself, football season is so close to.

Maker_84
08-06-2012, 10:52 PM
All i know is that we need this guy back. It's already been a little over 3 weeks and now he isnt coming back for a week or more?

Stray
08-06-2012, 11:51 PM
I read somewhere that he was doing all of the running and agility drills or whatever today. They said he looked really good doing them.

But yeah I have no idea when he'll be back.

BungleBengals
08-07-2012, 08:49 AM
I think a lot of it depends on the division race. I am guessing the Votto will probably be ready to come back by the Chicago series. But I do not see Dusty putting him in unless Pitt gains another game or two on us.

MBZags
08-07-2012, 02:45 PM
I think a lot of it depends on the division race. I am guessing the Votto will probably be ready to come back by the Chicago series. But I do not see Dusty putting him in unless Pitt gains another game or two on us.

On the Sunday pregame interview Dusty said Votto would "absolutely not" play on the road trip.

Who Dey Time
08-07-2012, 02:49 PM
With the team playing so well the Reds and Votto are in a great position to allow this thing to heal fully so he is ready to go down the stretch and, potentially, a playoff run.

webbbj
08-07-2012, 03:54 PM
Id say after this weekend just go day to day on Votto dependin on the standings. Hes already hitting and fielding in practice so hes close and probably would be playing if these games were more urgent.