PDA

View Full Version : Cigar Smokers

FutureRedsGM
08-07-2012, 06:36 PM
I just picked up this habit / hobby and I was wondering if there were others around here. If so, just a few questions:

- Is there a "bundle" or starter pack that you would recommend from an online vendor?

- I have a buddy who has a freezer bag full of pricey cigars from a local shop that went out of business over 5 years ago. They have been in his freezer that long. are they still good?

Chip R
08-07-2012, 11:21 PM
Try Thompson's for a good bundle starter pack. I personally haven't ordered from them but I know people who have and they are happy with them.

They probably aren't since they have been in the freezer. Tobacco needs to be stored in the environment where it grows in. It needs to be warm and humid (around 70% humidity.) I have problems remembering to moisten the sponge in my humidor and as a result my cigars tend to flake when I smoke them.

knuckleballah22
08-08-2012, 12:53 PM
Yeah Thompson's is good to start with and I don't think cigars are good after being in freezer.

WildcatFan
08-08-2012, 03:59 PM
I'm not a prolific cigar smoker, but I know Ashton Churchill is a good starter. Pretty mild.

gonelong
08-08-2012, 04:44 PM
Your best bet is to buy them as you need them IMO. There are probably a number of local cigar shops near you if you look for them. I live in a small town and have 3 places I can buy most cigars I am interested in.

If you have a cigar that is dried out, put it with an apple slice in a sealed container
overnight. It will pull in much of the humidity from the apple slice as well as a bit of apple flavor.

Be careful, if you leave it in there for a few days it will mold for sure.

GL

sonny
08-08-2012, 05:09 PM
For the money, Arturo Fuentes Curlyheads can't be beat