PDA

View Full Version : Former NBA All-Star Dan Roundfield drowns in Aruba

Revering4Blue
08-07-2012, 07:24 PM
Sad news. He was a great player in his day.

Dan Roundfield, an NBA veteran who had three consecutive All-Star seasons, has drowned off the Caribbean island of Aruba while helping his wife as she struggled in rough water. He was 59.

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/former-hawks-star-roundfield-drowns-175621375--nba.html

jmac
08-07-2012, 08:43 PM
Sad !
I remember him as a member of the Atlanta Hawks. As a kid growing up, I would listen to WSB radio and John Sterling did the games. Sterling would call him "Rounds".

cumberlandreds
08-08-2012, 09:33 AM
Sad to see this. Roundfield was a very good NBA player. I watched him a lot on WTBS back when he played. I also remember him for playing his last college game against Kentucky in the 1975 NCAA Tournament. He had 20 points and 11 rebounds against UK.

knuckleballah22
08-08-2012, 12:56 PM
Damn thats horrible.

RedFanAlways1966
08-08-2012, 10:39 PM
The ocean is a scary thing to me. I never go out deeper than my knees. I am not afraid of sea animals (OK, sharks suck!). I am scared of stories like this and the undertow/etc. The ocean is so powerful. I'd rather not take my chances with it. I know... many people do these things and enjoy it. My mind just gets freaky when I am at the ocean. No thank you. Love the beach and all that (at Rehoboth Beach, DE right now). But I will not go out beyond knee deep water and I will not go deep sea fishing or on a cruise. I might be missing out, but the ground feels good under my feet.