PDA

View Full Version : Latos a hitter?

craftylefty
08-09-2012, 04:23 AM
It seems to me he has really improved as of late and hits it hard more than the average pitcher normal does

Larkin88
08-09-2012, 07:56 AM
It seems to me he has really improved as of late and hits it hard more than the average pitcher normal does

Latos is a big, big man. He roped some rockets during the game I saw him start down in Goodyear too. Not sure he's ever going to hit for anything higher than a pitcher's average, but the ball sure goes far when he does.

craftylefty
08-09-2012, 10:36 AM
Latos is a big, big man. He roped some rockets during the game I saw him start down in Goodyear too. Not sure he's ever going to hit for anything higher than a pitcher's average, but the ball sure goes far when he does.

i say he sticks to pitching haha:)

BungleBengals
08-09-2012, 11:10 AM
His pitching has been great the past few starts. Just got screwed yesterday.

His hitting has been good too. It is sad that he is hitting better than some of the guys in the lineup. He had just as many hits as our top 6 batters of the order yesterday, not to mention he was our only offense in hit other start vs the Pirates (Heisey's inside the park HR could have been caught by Marte IMO).

Sucks that he didn't get run support yesterday, lord knows we had chances to drive some in.

craftylefty
08-09-2012, 11:12 AM
His pitching has been great the past few starts. Just got screwed yesterday.

His hitting has been good too. It is sad that he is hitting better than some of the guys in the lineup. He had just as many hits as our top 6 batters of the order yesterday, not to mention he was our only offense in hit other start vs the Pirates (Heisey's inside the park HR could have been caught by Marte IMO).

Sucks that he didn't get run support yesterday, lord knows we had chances to drive some in.

Now we see how valuable joey really is

jback76
08-09-2012, 06:20 PM
Bailey, Latos and Leake all seem to swing the bat well. Leake being the best of the trio of course.

Tuff Nut
08-09-2012, 07:25 PM
Bailey, Latos and Leake all seem to swing the bat well. Leake being the best of the trio of course.I don't think Bailey is as good as Arroyo, but he can handle the stick. I would argue this staff is one of the better hitting staffs, in the majors. I also don't mind, much to the dismay of most here, it seems, having Leake used as a early to mid game PH. Travis Wood never seemed to get cheated either.( I liked TW)

HometownHero
08-10-2012, 02:11 AM
Miguel Cairo
16-for-104 .154, 4 XBH (3-1-0) and 2 BB

Mat Latos/Mike Leake
18-for-86 .209, 5 XBH (2-0-3) with 3 BB

Kcbuckeye22
08-10-2012, 09:23 AM
Yes yes...our best hitters are pitchers. A 4 ERA and a .220 batting average is the secret to our success. We have a team of Ringers and a DH every night.