PDA

View Full Version : Mesoraco back, Navarro optioned

Danny Serafini
08-09-2012, 07:08 PM
Per Fay. I didn't realize Navarro even had an option left.

_Sir_Charles_
08-09-2012, 07:11 PM
Just out of curiosity...are there many people here who've seen Navarro quite a bit (at L'ville or with LA)? I was very disappointed in his defensive skills watching last night. I was wondering if that was just a bad game from him or if he's just kinda pitiful behind the dish.

camisadelgolf
08-09-2012, 08:06 PM
Just from watching him over the years, he's not as bad as he looked, but he's certainly nothing special behind the plate. I was surprised to see him do as poorly as he did.

Far East
08-09-2012, 08:17 PM
I was hoping that Mez would have gotten optioned, and that Navarro's bat would have stayed with the Reds -- especially from the left side until Joey returns.

Navarro against righty pitching and Hannigan against lefty pitching would produce a more potent platoon.

I know little or nothing about Navarro's defense.

camisadelgolf
08-09-2012, 08:33 PM
I was hoping that Mez would have gotten optioned, and that Navarro's bat would have stayed with the Reds -- especially from the left side until Joey returns.

Navarro against righty pitching and Hannigan against lefty pitching would produce a more potent platoon.

I know little or nothing about Navarro's defense.
Navarro in his career as a left-handed batter: .237/.297/.332/.629

That's not exactly getting it done. In fact, he prefers hitting as a right-hander so much that sometimes he bats right-handed even against right-handed pitching. I'm fine with Mesoraco staying up.

Big Klu
08-09-2012, 09:32 PM
As much of a difference defensively as there is between Hanigan and Mesoraco, there seems to be even more between Mesoraco and Navarro. I know it was only one game, but Navarro was approaching Alan Knicely territory yesterday.

Crumbley
08-10-2012, 12:14 AM
Navarro makes Mes look good back there, which is a scary thought.

George Foster
08-10-2012, 12:37 AM
Bench once started 81 games in a row...I know it's a hard position, but gee wizz, Hannigan could and should start more that 3 out of 5 games...He has been rested enough this season to start 6-8 games in a row...these guys are ball players...not fairys...they can take it.

Big Klu
08-10-2012, 01:23 AM
Bench was also completely spent by the time he was 32.