PDA

View Full Version : When To DL Rolen

mikemo14
08-10-2012, 06:56 PM
Not sure why Walt and the Reds brass insist on waiting days for injured players and play short so much of the time. When Rolens back/shoulder flares up, which it continues to, you might as well face the fact that he will be out a minimum 15 days if not a month. Dl Rolen now, recall Navarro and have Mesaraco go ahead and serve his suspension while you have three catchers.

EMAW
08-10-2012, 07:38 PM
The Reds have played without an extra bench player for a (it seems) large chunk of this season. Leaves Dusty kind of limited in use pinch hitters and in a few cases has forced Leake to pinch hit

WDE
08-11-2012, 12:47 AM
It might be a situation like Phillips where the team feels like it will only take a few days and he can be back soon. I would love if that was the case because I feel like Rolen is a big part of this team and he has really been swinging the bat well of late!

Krawhitham
08-11-2012, 02:44 AM
When To DL Rolen

After road trip when Joey is ready to return

redsrolen
08-11-2012, 07:29 AM
Well, we knew this would happen...in the last yr of his career & he can't play 5 to 6 xs a wk...but I will always remember that he had a 'huge' part of our winning streak....I don't think it's bad enough for the DL, I sure hope not...Going to my last game next Thurs & want to see him play one last time...Scotty has given this family some great memories!!! I have a feeling he has another good run in him but if you need him for the playoffs, do you bring him back now????:confused:

Tuff Nut
08-11-2012, 08:12 AM
I said the other day, that when JV comes back, Scotty will be DLed, and Miggy will remain. Would much rather see it the other way, but if this would get Rolen healthier, for a playoff push, then I'm down.