PDA

View Full Version : Mail order beer

Wonderful Monds
08-13-2012, 08:36 PM
Does anyone know a good site to mail order beer from? I'm looking for the Rogue Maple Donut Bacon beer, which does not seem to be available anywhere in Cincinnati, despite there being plenty of stores that carry Rogue's products. I was going to order it from their site, but I'd like to avoid paying their 20 dollar shipping charge if I can.

Alternatively, if anyone knows a spot in the Cincinnati area that carries this beer, that would be appreciated as well.

dabvu2498
08-13-2012, 08:46 PM
Does anyone know a good site to mail order beer from? I'm looking for the Rogue Maple Donut Bacon beer, which does not seem to be available anywhere in Cincinnati, despite there being plenty of stores that carry Rogue's products. I was going to order it from their site, but I'd like to avoid paying their 20 dollar shipping charge if I can.

Alternatively, if anyone knows a spot in the Cincinnati area that carries this beer, that would be appreciated as well.

Have you tried Jungle Jim's in Fairfield?

texasdave
08-13-2012, 09:07 PM
Rogue Maple Donut Bacon Beer? That is an entire meal in a bottle. :)

Spazzrico
08-13-2012, 09:13 PM

I saw a bottle of that beer a couple of days ago at Jungle Jims. My 2yo pointed it out because it was a pink bottle. Love the Voodoo Donut tie in.....Not sure if it was the last left or not, but they definitely carry it.

Yachtzee
08-13-2012, 11:56 PM
I saw a bottle of that beer a couple of days ago at Jungle Jims. My 2yo pointed it out because it was a pink bottle. Love the Voodoo Donut tie in.....Not sure if it was the last left or not, but they definitely carry it.

I think they carry just about everything. If they don't have it, I think they'll order it for you.

Wonderful Monds
08-14-2012, 01:07 AM
Wow, I can't believe I forgot Jungle Jim's. Thanks for the reminder guys, I'll go check it out.

westofyou
08-14-2012, 09:29 AM

Most overrated donuts in the world

GIK
08-15-2012, 11:09 AM
Enjoyed a Chocolate Stout at the Rogue Alehouse in San Francisco recently. Recommended!

Boss-Hog
08-15-2012, 11:37 AM
Wow, I can't believe I forgot Jungle Jim's. Thanks for the reminder guys, I'll go check it out.
I looked at Jungle Jim's for an Aruban beer we had (and liked) on our honeymoon (Balashi) and they don't currently carry it, but I believe they will order it.

Boss-Hog
08-15-2012, 11:40 AM
I looked at Jungle Jim's for an Aruban beer we had (and liked) on our honeymoon (Balashi) and they don't currently carry it, but I believe they will order it.
Well, that's no good - I just called, and they don't carry it and cannot order it unless it comes from a distributor in Ohio (and Balashi definitely does not). :(

Wonderful Monds
08-15-2012, 02:01 PM
Enjoyed a Chocolate Stout at the Rogue Alehouse in San Francisco recently. Recommended!

I'm looking forward to picking one of those up as well tomorrow when I make a trip out to Jungle Jim's. :beerme:

vaticanplum
08-15-2012, 02:33 PM
FYI, there is another Jungle Jim's opening up in Batavia soon. Celebrate, Eastsiders!

redhawkfish
08-15-2012, 03:49 PM
FYI, there is another Jungle Jim's opening up in Batavia soon. Celebrate, Eastsiders!

:beerme:

bigredmechanism
08-15-2012, 06:25 PM

http://www.liquormart.com/beer/

Bob Sheed
08-17-2012, 04:54 PM
Ordered some westy 12s (generally regarded as one of the best beers in the world) direct from the monastery a few years ago...

about 6 dollars a bottle for a six-pack with shipping, but it was worth it for a one time thing. They even sent some chocolate and a few coasters. :beerme:

http://beeradvocate.com/beer/profile/313/1545/

bigredmechanism
08-17-2012, 08:49 PM
Ordered some westy 12s (generally regarded as one of the best beers in the world) direct from the monastery a few years ago...

about 6 dollars a bottle for a six-pack with shipping, but it was worth it for a one time thing. They even sent some chocolate and a few coasters. :beerme:

Nice! A friend of mine managed to get one through some channels, and was nice enough to share with me. Fantastic beer.

I didn't get any chocolate OR coasters, though. :laugh:

westofyou
08-17-2012, 10:06 PM

I had a couple of those in Brussels a few years ago, they were BIG