PDA

View Full Version : I need to go to every game

Captain13
08-15-2012, 12:26 AM
I have only made it to GABP twice this year, but the Reds are 2-0 without allowing a single run. I was there last night for the Bruce walkoff and I went in April when Cueto and the Reds beat the 'Stros 6-0. I love watching the Reds win. :beerme:

EMAW
08-15-2012, 12:28 AM
Can't really ever lose if you got an ERA of 0.00 ;)

MrRedLegger
08-15-2012, 12:43 AM
Let's go in on season tickets!

Australian Red
08-15-2012, 02:23 AM
We've never lost ever when i've been to a reds game home or away!

I've never actually been to a reds game

JayBruceFan
08-15-2012, 03:32 AM
Went to my first game of the year tonight. And after tonight I'm starting to think that I should be at every game for the rest of the year. Haha

'69 & Vine
08-15-2012, 07:16 AM
I've only been to one game so far this year, a loss VS. the Twins where they hit Chapman hard. We've got tickets for the 9/10 game vs. the Pirates--should we sell them?

Captain13
08-15-2012, 08:10 AM
I've only been to one game so far this year, a loss VS. the Twins where they hit Chapman hard. We've got tickets for the 9/10 game vs. the Pirates--should we sell them?

No. You're due to see a win.

BungleBengals
08-15-2012, 08:40 AM
I have gone to a lot of Reds games the past 3 years and they are something crazy like 12-1 when I go to them.

The only loss was a Sunday day game to the Rockies in 2010.

Two games I have been to were walkoffs (Votto on Pete Rose day in 2010 and Ludwick against the Cards in 2012). I had tickets for last nights game, but something came up and couldn't go. Would have be three walkoffs. :)

texasdave
08-15-2012, 09:00 AM
I am either 0-5 or 0-6 at GABP. A number of forgettable losses.

P.E.R#14
08-15-2012, 09:53 AM
Can't really ever lose if you got an ERA of 0.00 ;)

Of course you can. Didn't you see the Cubs' 5 errors the other day? (I do understand your point, however!) :)

Go Reds!

MrRedLegger
08-15-2012, 10:04 AM
Just realized this....we win 10 in a row and barely anyone knows about it. We walk off against a big market team and we're all over ESPN and on the front page of mlb.com

Spider Tre
08-15-2012, 10:08 AM
Just realized this....we win 10 in a row and barely anyone knows about it. We walk off against a big market team and we're all over ESPN and on the front page of mlb.com
it's been that way forever lol

BungleBengals
08-15-2012, 10:13 AM

I am surprised they didn't work Tebow into that somehow.

cooperlamar
08-15-2012, 01:43 PM
They have won at least 6 straight games that I've been to, including the 6-0 comeback win that started the 10 game winning streak. It could be more games but I only remember the last 6. I am going again Thursday night btw.

Josh
08-15-2012, 01:49 PM
I am surprised they didn't work Tebow into that somehow.

LOL thats funny. I bet his name was on one of the tabs on the left of stories to come.

Captain13
08-15-2012, 01:59 PM
What is this E.S.P.N. that people keep talking about? The Reds are on Fox Sports (FSOH) and MLB network covers all my baseball needs. Do I need to seek out this E.S.P.N for in depth knowledge and information? Will they break down baseball in any meaningful way?

BungleBengals
08-15-2012, 02:02 PM
LOL thats funny. I bet his name was on one of the tabs on the left of stories to come.

I am sure it was. He is a backup QB, yet they talk about him more than some of the superstar starters in the NFL. It is unbelievable. I remember one time I saw Skip Bayless and Stephen A. Smith arguing over Tebow changing his dog's name from Bronco to Bronx. COME ON ESPN!

They have won at least 6 straight games that I've been to, including the 6-0 comeback win that started the 10 game winning streak. It could be more games but I only remember the last 6. I am going again Thursday night btw.

Hey! I am going too. Hopefully we keep our winning streaks alive!

Captain13
08-19-2012, 10:54 PM
I extended my streak to 3-0 today; witnessing my second walk-off win in a week, but I also saw the Reds give up runs (not a big fan of that). Unfortunately, due to circumstances beyond my control, I probably won't make another game until the playoffs and my playoff record is no good (0-1 and I had tickets for the '99 playoffs which the Reds missed).

ervinsm84
08-19-2012, 11:19 PM
Ok, what's your paypal account info? We need to know where to send the ticket money for future games.

:-)

JB12
08-20-2012, 12:17 AM
I'm 0-4.

Opening night: Marlins 8 Reds 3
Opening Cards series: Cards 7 Reds 1
Leake shelled: Padres 11 Reds 5
Pirates evade sweep: Pirates 6 Reds 2

Needless to say, I will be watching the rest of this season via my couch. Go Reds!

mikdavrut
08-20-2012, 01:05 AM
I have only made it to GABP twice this year, but the Reds are 2-0 without allowing a single run. I was there last night for the Bruce walkoff and I went in April when Cueto and the Reds beat the 'Stros 6-0. I love watching the Reds win. :beerme:

I was @ that game in April vs. the Astros. I remember it being a cloudy, sorta chilly day (was on a Sat.). Looked like it was going to rain, but the rain didn't start til after the game was in.

Unfortunately, due to my job and living, while not REALLY far away, it's still around 3 Hrs. + for me. So that is the last game I have been to this season unfortunately. The last game prior to that was the Civil Rights (is that what it was called...something like that at least) in 2010 when we beat the Cardinals. They were giving away a Jersey @ that game. Still have mine in the package, have never opened it.

BungleBengals
08-20-2012, 09:12 AM
I ended my undefeated streak on Thursday when they lost to the Mets. That put me at 2-1 on the season, but I went to the game yesterday and witnessed the walkoff, so looks like I am starting a new streak :)

Thing is that I went Thursday with my dad and then he went again Saturday night which was a loss as well. I went to the game yesterday with my girlfriend and she reminded me that she has never been to a game the Reds lost. Looks like I know who to take to a playoff game. ;)

OldCat
08-20-2012, 05:55 PM
Sounds like you need to send your girlfriend with Captain13....

MrRedLegger
08-20-2012, 06:11 PM
That's funny. My girlfriend has been to 6 games this year. Haven't lost once!

Captain13
08-21-2012, 11:04 AM

I don't think my wife would approve, but it sure is nice to see how many Reds fans have seen wins this season. This is the most fun I've had as a fan since 1990. Even in 2010 I kept waiting for something bad to happen, this team just seems to keep on rolling.

BungleBengals
08-21-2012, 01:29 PM

Lol I would be up for it. Anything to keep this team winning.

Anyone else out there believe in superstitions? I used to mark off the games player on my Reds calendar, but I forgot for a few games and they started a winning streak, so I haven't marked any off since. ;)