PDA

View Full Version : Reds and Award Finalists

S.Wells
08-16-2012, 10:10 AM
So I believe it is unprecedented and remarkable that our Cincinnati Reds have so many players leading the way towards winning so many year end awards. Rookie of the year Todd Frazier may not have the hype but his numbers are the most impressive. Johnny Customer and Aroldis Chapman both have a great shot at winning the CY Young, and Chapman the fireman award, Ryan Ludwick very well could be the NL Comeback player of the year. And Votto still has a shot at winning MVP, would have been a lock now that Melky is out had Votto not gotten hurt. Amazing stuff and we still find things to complain about with our talent level?

Sent from my C771 using Tapatalk 2

MrRedLegger
08-16-2012, 10:18 AM
Don't forget manager of the year! This is not a joke. This team is something else, albeit only August.

webbbj
08-16-2012, 10:25 AM
I think were atleast in the top 2 in CYA, ROY, MOY.

Votto wont win MVP, too many missed games and mccutchen wins it regardless if they make the palyoffs or not i think.

S.Wells
08-16-2012, 10:31 AM
Yes manager of the year. And if Votto comes back lights out, he still has a shot. McCutchen is falling fast just like the Pirates. I believe we see the real Andrew McCutchen the last 6 weeks of the season. You can't give the MVP to a player who played average baseball the last 6 weeks and his team failed to make the playoffs.

BungleBengals
08-16-2012, 10:38 AM
As much as I would like to see Votto win MVP, I just do not see it happening. The fact that this team has done so well without him really hurts his chances. But since he has gone down, we have Frazier playing everyday and he and Ludwick are carrying this team which should add to their chances of getting ROY and Comeback Player.

Wade Miley has good numbers for ROY, but how can the voters deny Frazier? He is an integral part of not only a first place team, but he has replaced a bonafide MVP candidate in Votto and has the Reds competing for best record in baseball.

Buster Posey is good, but I do not think he should even be considered for Comeback player of the Year. He was knocked out last year by injury. Ludwick just had a below average year last year and is tearing it up for a first place team now. That is what should matter.

Dusty definitely deserves MOY.

WDE
08-16-2012, 02:08 PM
Frazier is going to win ROY.
Cueto is going to win Cy Young.
Ludwick is going to win Comeback Player.
Mccutchen is going to win MVP.

P.E.R#14
08-16-2012, 02:12 PM
Frazier is going to win ROY.
Cueto is going to win Cy Young.
Ludwick is going to win Comeback Player.
Mccutchen is going to win MVP.

And DUSTY BAKER wins Manager of the Year!

Love the fact we beat up on Dickey last night!

Go Reds!!

jback76
08-16-2012, 03:07 PM
Yeah I think the best bets are Dusty Baker for MOY and Cueto for Cy Young. Votto will have missed to much time for MVP, I also think it's been more of a team effort then anything else. I'd love to see Frazier win ROY but will he have a place to play everyday in Sept?

BungleBengals
08-16-2012, 03:14 PM
Yeah I think the best bets are Dusty Baker for MOY and Cueto for Cy Young. Votto will have missed to much time for MVP, I also think it's been more of a team effort then anything else. I'd love to see Frazier win ROY but will he have a place to play everyday in Sept?

I think he is better than Rolen, but the best I have heard people mention is that Frazier will rotate with Rolen, Ludwick, and possibly Votto on their days off so he is playing everyday.

justincredible
08-16-2012, 03:16 PM

They're going to have to find a place for him to play at least 5 games a week, right? Either way, Harper should be out of the discussion for ROY at this point. I think it will come down to Frazier or Wade Miley. Miley can realistically finish with 15+ wins and a sub-3 ERA. Frazier can realistically finish with 20+ HR and 75+ RBI. It'll be interesting to see how the voting goes if both guys finish strong.

WDE
08-16-2012, 03:43 PM
Yes, I also believe Dusty will win MOY

bigredmechanism
08-16-2012, 04:14 PM
How about GM of the year?

Ludwick, Latos, Marshall, Simon. All have been HUGE contributors.

Not too shabby, Walt.

jback76
08-16-2012, 04:24 PM
I think he is better than Rolen, but the best I have heard people mention is that Frazier will rotate with Rolen, Ludwick, and possibly Votto on their days off so he is playing everyday.

I agree with you about Frazier being better and I'm sure we'll see Rolen with more back issues. I was trying to figure away to have Frazier, Rolen, Ludwick and Votto all in the lineup at the same time.

jback76
08-16-2012, 04:33 PM
How about GM of the year?

Ludwick, Latos, Marshall, Simon. All have been HUGE contributors.

Not too shabby, Walt.

Nah, only if we win the World Series.

bigredmechanism
08-16-2012, 04:36 PM
Nah, only if we win the World Series.

I think he may have won it in 2010, when we didn't win a WS. Not like it's a lock, but it has to be considered IMO.

We like to gripe about a lot of things, but all in all Walt has done a terrific job with this club. Not only are we contenders, but we will be for several seasons, barring anything freakish.

HometownHero
08-16-2012, 04:47 PM
Still a quarter of the season left any thing tons can change all these expectations. Only thing that is close to a stone cold lock is Ludwick will not win comeback player of the year, he drove in 75 runs last year players like Buster Posey or Adam Wainwright who are stars and missed time will win the award.

S.Wells
08-16-2012, 04:50 PM
I agree with you about Frazier being better and I'm sure we'll see Rolen with more back issues. I was trying to figure away to have Frazier, Rolen, Ludwick and Votto all in the lineup at the same time.

Easy move Ludwick to center Frazier to left. Stubbs speed used off the bench!

bounty37h
08-16-2012, 05:47 PM
Who knows how it will play out, we feel many of these deserve it but never know what goes through voters minds-I still wouldnt be surprised for Harper to get ROY for instance off hype alone. However, its awesome we have players/talent to be in the discussoin for so many of these, and hope we get the best hardware there is come October!

scott91575
08-16-2012, 06:07 PM
Easy move Ludwick to center Frazier to left. Stubbs speed used off the bench!

Ludwick is in no way a center fielder. He is a below average LF (average at best). LF is the second easiest position on the field, while CF is one of the hardest. Ludwick would be brutal in CF.

As to the thread, I like the enthusiasm but right now Davey Johnson has a stranglehold on manager of the year.

Frazier has a good shot at rookie of the year, but right now I believe Wade Miely is the leader.

Ludwick should be the leader for comeback player of the year.

Cueto should be the Cy Young leader, but who knows. He has been overlooked by the media all year.

Votto could get back into the MVP race thanks to McCutchen struggles as of late and not many other standouts.

Australian Red
08-16-2012, 07:58 PM
Would take the WS over winning any awards.

S.Wells
08-17-2012, 10:44 AM
Would take the WS over winning any awards.

I totally agree and I am sure the guys mentioned feel the same way. But everyone wants there cake and eat it too!

RedWilly
08-18-2012, 11:57 AM
I was trying to figure away to have Frazier, Rolen, Ludwick and Votto all in the lineup at the same time.

Easy - make it to the WS and play an away game :beerme: