PDA

View Full Version : Where would you sit?

RedsfaninMT
08-17-2012, 05:56 PM
Coming in for the last game of the year, a business day special against the Brewers. My former boss is taking me to the game, and has offered to buy any tickets in GABP except the "eat everything" seats.

So where would you choose? In the past, I have balked at the seats behind home (and directly behind the eat everything seats), as the screen seems to inhibit sight just enough to be distracting.

Advice?

mdccclxix
08-17-2012, 07:02 PM
3rd base line in close gets you looks into the Reds dugout. And maybe some TV time.

Tom Servo
08-17-2012, 07:13 PM
Demand an 'eat everything' seat as a power play.

WMR
08-17-2012, 07:27 PM
Diamond Club. (I think technically those are all you can eat since they have a buffet, perhaps you can get him on the technicality)

Redsfaithful
08-17-2012, 07:28 PM
Scout box are the best seats in the park for the dollar, imo. Practically the same as Diamonds, minus the pregame food and all you can eat, for like $150 less. Tough to get this year though.

_Sir_Charles_
08-17-2012, 07:33 PM
I'd go for a seat in the dugout. I don't think those are all you can eat. The Reds are on a budget and they've got Broxton on the roster. :O)

RedsfaninMT
08-17-2012, 08:09 PM
I'd go for a seat in the dugout. I don't think those are all you can eat. The Reds are on a budget and they've got Broxton on the roster. :O)

Can't risk it. If Broxton sat down on my dad by accident, it might kill him.

KittyDuran
08-17-2012, 08:09 PM
Unless you want to bake you'll need to get in the shade... Along the 1st base side lower level halfway up from the field.

_Sir_Charles_
08-17-2012, 08:13 PM
Personally, I'd listen to Kitty...she freaking LIVES at GABP. :O)

<---very jealous.

RedsfaninMT
08-17-2012, 08:13 PM
Unless you want to bake you'll need to get in the shade... Along the 1st base side lower level halfway up from the field.

A reasonable, well-thought out suggestion? Thanks!

KittyDuran
08-17-2012, 08:21 PM
Personally, I'd listen to Kitty...she freaking LIVES at GABP. :O)

<---very jealous.

I'm here! Thanks to Chip for giving me tickets... Hope to see "good" Arroyo. BTW, saw another "Leake stole my heart" t-shirt...

KittyDuran
08-17-2012, 08:23 PM
A reasonable, well-thought out suggestion? Thanks!

Sure! Also, try to get in the middle of the row or on the aisle right side so that you're not missing the action by people going up and down the aisle.

KittyDuran
08-17-2012, 08:32 PM
Just found the ticket to the worst seat I ever had... 136 F 16. On the aisle but the aisle was between me and home plate... With fans and vendors going up and down I barely saw the game. If on the aisle first base side go for seats 1 and 2.

George Foster
08-18-2012, 01:37 AM
I think your boss does not want to purchace the diamon seats. $225ish.

The club seats are $75-85 each and all you can eat. Good stadium food along with salads and pastas. These are great seats, second deck along 1st base line. Air-conditioned seating and eating area, your seats are padded and in the shade. Restrooms are like hotel restrooms..and clean. Includes ice cream, peanuts, and popcorn too. Very nice.

oregonred
08-18-2012, 01:45 AM

Does Cinci now get into the high 80's in late September these days ;)

OesterPoster
08-18-2012, 02:06 AM
Does Cinci now get into the high 80's in late September these days ;)

Not worth risking. 12:35 starts, you need to pick up seats in the double letter rows. Further back, the better. Shade usually starts around row EE or so and works its way down to Z and so forth. Had row T for a business day game this year, and the shade reached us right after the final out. Lost a few pounds that day. :)

oregonred
08-18-2012, 02:10 AM
Great point on the double letter rows. Missed it by about 3-4 against the Pirates and it was a steam bath when the sun came out. But that was late July. Late August through early October is easily the best sure bet weather stretch of the year in SW Ohio.

KittyDuran
08-18-2012, 07:48 AM
I think your boss does not want to purchace the diamon seats. $225ish.

The club seats are $75-85 each and all you can eat. Good stadium food along with salads and pastas. These are great seats, second deck along 1st base line. Air-conditioned seating and eating area, your seats are padded and in the shade. Restrooms are like hotel restrooms..and clean. Includes ice cream, peanuts, and popcorn too. Very nice.

GF... I assumed that the boss is including the club seats as N/A. If not, then they have the best offer. You might still sit in the sun in the lower rows but at least you'll have the A/C to cool down. BTW, one of my season tickets are in the club-last row and always in the shade!

KittyDuran
08-19-2012, 10:11 AM
I'm looking at the available seats for that game and very few options in the shade... I'll take some pics today to get you a better perspective... (including the club/scout seats).