PDA

View Full Version : Reds are set I bet!

Ironman92
08-19-2012, 08:53 PM
As I've said all along....the Reds just need to worry about how they're playing and what the Pirates and Cards do really doesn't matter. I still feel this way completely.....but the Cards and Pirates just played a 19 inning 6 hour and 7 minute game. I'll go out on a tiny branch and say both of those teams struggle over the next 10 games....so for the next couple weeks, it may not matter how the Reds do.

IMO, this is peddle to the metal time. The Reds have jumped on them, they have squished them....but now is the time to bury them.

If you don't bury them....one of them will make a big comeback....and that comeback will make it tough to keep everyone fresh throughout Sept and the playoffs.

Go Reds!

jback76
08-19-2012, 09:12 PM
I still want 6-4 over the next 10 games for the Reds. But yes I'm hoping that game has exhausted both of them for a while.

'69 & Vine
08-19-2012, 09:41 PM
In a stroke of good luck for them, the Cardinals have an off-day after this 19-inning affair before heading to Houston to rest and right the ship before they face the Reds this weekend.

Meanwhile, the Reds have to face the Phillies in four straight and will face Haliday, Lee, and Hamels.

Australian Red
08-19-2012, 11:35 PM
In a stroke of good luck for them, the Cardinals have an off-day after this 19-inning affair before heading to Houston to rest and right the ship before they face the Reds this weekend.

Meanwhile, the Reds have to face the Phillies in four straight and will face Haliday, Lee, and Hamels.

In hindsight probably a good result the Pirates won that epic as can see them clean sweeping the Astros series.

BungleBengals
08-20-2012, 11:51 AM
Good thing though is that Pirates now go to San Diego. Nothing like Petco Park to mess with a team's offense. Plus I think San Diego has played fairly well agaisnt the NL Central teams.

On a side note, the Nationals get to play the Braves which has playoff implications. Hopefully the Braves win the series so we can shoot for NL home field advantage.

jback76
08-20-2012, 12:44 PM
In hindsight probably a good result the Pirates won that epic as can see them clean sweeping the Astros series.

Hey Australian Red, Lol when I read your posts I find myself reading it with an Austtralian accent. :)