PDA

View Full Version : the rocket is back!!! Worth a look??

webbbj
08-20-2012, 05:12 PM
http://espn.go.com/mlb/conversations/_/id/8285793/roger-clemens-signs-independent-sugar-land-skeeters-texas

Roger Clemens is returning to baseball, who thinks hes worth a look? Could he the be the 3rd ace for our rotation is looking for in the playoffs?

Has an 87 mph fastball and working with 4 pitches. I say go for it.

R_Webb18
08-20-2012, 05:16 PM
id pass

Trajinous
08-20-2012, 05:19 PM
http://espn.go.com/mlb/conversations/_/id/8285793/roger-clemens-signs-independent-sugar-land-skeeters-texas

Roger Clemens is returning to baseball, who thinks hes worth a look? Could he the be the 3rd ace for our rotation is looking for in the playoffs?

This has to be ironic, has to be.

m21eagle45
08-20-2012, 05:21 PM

No way would I want him and his special treatment he would demand anywhere near the Reds.

Goten
08-20-2012, 05:26 PM
No way would I want him and his special treatment he would demand anywhere near the Reds.

I agree with this.

Let's face it, all he is doing is giving himself another 5 years to possibly have the HOF voters ease up on PED stuff that constantly surrounds him.

Larkin88
08-20-2012, 05:33 PM

The Sean Casey pipe dream/nonsense was a little more appealing than this offer. Pass.

texasdave
08-20-2012, 06:00 PM

So he is basically Bronson Arroyo?

jhiller21
08-20-2012, 06:45 PM
No thanks, he's done. Also I don't want the Reds affiliated with cheaters.

AintlifeGrande
08-20-2012, 07:32 PM
You have got to be kidding,with this silly thread.

Larkin88
08-20-2012, 08:22 PM

Edinson Volquez was a pretty instrumental contributor... to a trade package for Latos. :p

And don't get me started with Jim Bowden. He's a different kind of cheat.

texasdave
08-20-2012, 08:43 PM
Did anyone read that article on cheating dog Melky? After he was caught he made a fake web site and was trying to blame this non-existent fake web site for selling him the steroids without letting him know they were steroids.

OGB
08-20-2012, 08:48 PM
No way Jose.

Larkin88
08-20-2012, 09:08 PM
Did anyone read that article on cheating dog Melky? After he was caught he made a fake web site and was trying to blame this non-existent fake web site for selling him the steroids without letting him know they were steroids.

Yeah, you sure can't fix stupid.

From the NYDN:

The scheme began unfolding in July as Cabrera and his representatives scrambled to explain a spike in the former Yankee's testosterone levels. Cabrera associate Juan Nunez, described by the player's agents, Seth and Sam Levinson, as a "paid consultant" of their firm but not an "employee," is alleged to have paid $10,000 to acquire the phony website. The idea, apparently, was to lay a trail of digital breadcrumbs suggesting Cabrera had ordered a supplement that ended up causing the positive test, and to rely on a clause in the collectively bargained drug program that allows a player who has tested positive to attempt to prove he ingested a banned substance through no fault of his own.

"There was a product they said caused this positive," one source familiar with the case said of Cabrera's scheme. "Baseball figured out the ruse pretty quickly."

(article (http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/mlb-big-league-stew/report-melky-cabrera-used-fake-website-create-explanation-135323610--mlb.html))

texasdave
08-20-2012, 09:17 PM
Yeah, you sure can't fix stupid.

From the NYDN:

(article (http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/mlb-big-league-stew/report-melky-cabrera-used-fake-website-create-explanation-135323610--mlb.html))

Are there any legal repercussions for something like that? (Not for being stupid.)

Ironman92
08-20-2012, 09:40 PM
Clemens is my least favorite player of all-time

texasdave
08-20-2012, 11:14 PM
Clemens is my least favorite player of all-time

No argument here.

BungleBengals
08-21-2012, 02:04 PM

Don't get me wrong, but isn't Pete Rose considered one of the game's biggest cheats?

Honestly, he is a hero of mine, but I am thinking of the perceptions of other MLB fans/cities.

texasdave
08-21-2012, 02:11 PM
Don't get me wrong, but isn't Pete Rose considered one of the game's biggest cheats?

Honestly, he is a hero of mine, but I am thinking of the perceptions of other MLB fans/cities.

You are wrong IMO. Pete Rose bet on baseball. Pete Rose did not cheat to win ballgames. Not that I know of anyway. I think Pete is one of the most-admired players, as far as the way that he actually performed on the field. Charlie Hustle. Big difference.

PS He did cheat on his taxes. :laugh:

BungleBengals
08-21-2012, 02:25 PM
You are wrong IMO. Pete Rose bet on baseball. Pete Rose did not cheat to win ballgames. Not that I know of anyway. I think Pete is one of the most-admired players, as far as the way that he actually performed on the field. Charlie Hustle. Big difference.

PS He did cheat on his taxes. :laugh:

I am not calling him a cheater. I am saying that in the eyes of other fans and other teams, he is.

arkimadee
08-22-2012, 02:26 AM
I just hope he pitches one game for the Astros so we don't have to hear about him going to the hall of fame for five more years

5TimeWSChamps
08-22-2012, 03:56 AM
This thread is a joke, right?

HometownHero
08-22-2012, 04:12 AM
The Sugar Land Skeeters sound like an old time band name.

mikdavrut
08-22-2012, 04:33 AM
This thread is a joke, right?

One would certainly hope so

jhiller21
08-22-2012, 05:41 AM
Edinson Volquez was a pretty instrumental contributor... to a trade package for Latos. :p

And thank god for that... Volquez is having an okay season, and Grandal was a good prospect, but after April Latos has been good. Lately he's been scary good.

jhiller21
08-22-2012, 05:45 AM

Gambling isn't really cheating. Pete never threw a game to win a bet, as far as I know. Of course the ban is in place to prevent that sort of thing, but I don't think he ever did it.

If he did, then yes, it's just as bad if not worse.

mikdavrut
08-22-2012, 06:34 AM
Gambling isn't really cheating. Pete never threw a game to win a bet, as far as I know. Of course the ban is in place to prevent that sort of thing, but I don't think he ever did it.

If he did, then yes, it's just as bad if not worse.
If he DID (throw any game(s)) then I think it's WORSE than cheating via PED's. If he didn't, then no, it's nowhere near the same.

webbbj
08-22-2012, 08:49 AM
PEDs are pretty overblown and the players take way too much heat. They shouldnt be looked down at all considering MLB didnt test for the stuff and most likely encouraged it. I applaud anyone who took PEDs in that era.

And today I applaud the palyers who still take some sort of PED that cant be detected or MLB doesnt test for bc the league is ignorant on this subject.

HGH and testosterone for the win in my book.

dubc47834
08-22-2012, 12:12 PM
PEDs are pretty overblown and the players take way too much heat. They shouldnt be looked down at all considering MLB didnt test for the stuff and most likely encouraged it. I applaud anyone who took PEDs in that era.

And today I applaud the palyers who still take some sort of PED that cant be detected or MLB doesnt test for bc the league is ignorant on this subject.

HGH and testosterone for the win in my book.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
This is why society is the way it is these days!!!!!