PDA

View Full Version : Thank you for Janish and Fransico

19braves77
08-20-2012, 04:55 PM
Both have filled in nicely.

when your tired of Drew Stubbs send him our away. Bourn will leave us after this season.

Trajinous
08-20-2012, 04:59 PM
I'm really glad to see them doing well, especially Janish. He was being wasted in AAA. It's nice to see trades work out for both teams.

R_Webb18
08-20-2012, 04:59 PM
hoover is nice also even tho not on the reds.

texasdave
08-20-2012, 05:01 PM
I'm really glad to see them doing well, especially Janish. He was being wasted in AAA. It's nice to see trades work out for both teams.

How did Todd Redmond work out for the Reds?

R_Webb18
08-20-2012, 05:08 PM

1 start determines a pitcher? also we gave up janish.

Mutaman
08-20-2012, 05:10 PM

I guess I'm missing something: how have these trades worked out for the Reds? Braves have two guys playing regularly and we've got...... What exactly have we got?

Granted, despite his talent, Francisco might have been addition by subtraction.

texasdave
08-20-2012, 05:12 PM
1 start determines a pitcher? also we gave up janish.

Of course one start doesn't determine the worth of a pitcher. However, I am not sure how one very mediocre start can be used as the basis for saying the trade worked out for both teams. Also, we have Valdez. IMO Janish is the better ball player.

Mutaman
08-20-2012, 05:13 PM
Of course one start doesn't determine the worth of a pitcher. However, I am not sure how one very mediocre start can be used as the basis for saying the trade worked out for both teams. Also, we have Valdez. IMO Janish is the better ball player.

:thumbup: One start was enough for me as far as Redmond was concerned. Would take Janish over Valdez in a heartbeat.

Trajinous
08-20-2012, 05:14 PM
I guess I'm missing something: how have these trades worked out for the Reds? Braves have two guys playing regularly and we've got...... What exactly have we got?

That's how it worked out. Francisco cleared the way for Frazier who is a much better player. Janish wasn't on the major league club and we got a possible starter.

It shows how good the Reds truly are, to be be able to trade two guys that start on a playoff contender and not feel any falloff is amazing.

Mutaman
08-20-2012, 05:18 PM
That's how it worked out. Francisco cleared the way for Frazier who is a much better player.

Plus, from the way it appears, Frazier is a huge part of the clubhouse chemistry, and Franciso was not- overweight and not a big worker. Considering how desperate we were (are) for another lefthanded hitter, the fact that they were willing to dump Francisco says a lot.

texasdave
08-20-2012, 05:29 PM
A nice Fangraphs article on Todd Redmond.

http://www.fangraphs.com/blogs/index.php/todd-redmonds-invisi-ball-partially-explained/

jback76
08-20-2012, 05:31 PM
:thumbup: One start was enough for me as far as Redmond was concerned. Would take Janish over Valdez in a heartbeat.

Agree 1 start to many. Janish and Valdez a wash.:D

texasdave
08-20-2012, 05:31 PM
Todd Frazier has been a revelation.

jhiller21
08-20-2012, 05:39 PM

With Cozart, Rolen and Frazier what need would we have for Janish and Fransisco? They would both be in AAA right now.

Given, Fransisco would have been nice to have when Rolen went down. We could've used Frazier at first for Votto and Fransisco at third. But hindsight is 20/20.

Red in Atl
08-20-2012, 05:50 PM
Trading Francisco was imperative to open the door for Frazier. And JJ did a good job while he was here. I expect him back one day. JF was handed the keys numerous times and couldn't figure it out.

We won't know any thing about Redmond until he has a chance to prove himself. But Janish didn't have anywhere to play. He was give plenty of chances and couldn't solidify his position on this team. That's on him. Sometimes it takes being traded for a guy to step it up.

I have to assume that Valdez runs better, bunts better and can play more positions. If not it's really a wash between the two.

Regardless, you are welcome, and can have them both. My days of watching them are thankfully over. You can have Ross as well.

I do wish them all well though...

Kingspoint
08-20-2012, 05:51 PM

http://www.fangraphs.com/blogs/index.php/todd-redmonds-invisi-ball-partially-explained/tx, td. Nice to see some sanity among the sirens.

AintlifeGrande
08-20-2012, 06:30 PM
If the Braves want little to no offense at SS,then Janish is your guy.Defense great.

Larkin88
08-20-2012, 07:25 PM

http://www.fangraphs.com/blogs/index.php/todd-redmonds-invisi-ball-partially-explained/

Thanks texasdave, that is a good article.

BurgervilleBuck
08-20-2012, 07:55 PM
Also, we have Valdez. IMO Janish is the better ball player.
Yes, but Valdez can play other positions. The only other thing Janish can do is pitch, and he doesn't do that very well. Janish also struggled as an everyday SS. With Cozart coming on, his playing time was going to be limited already.

Personally, I'm happy Janish is with a team that'll give him a playing time in the big league. He's a good guy. Unfortunately, he no longer had a future with this team.

Mr Larkin
08-21-2012, 02:04 AM
JF was not in the long term plans for Cincy. PJ had no where to play and he had not done enough to earn respect on the Reds.
Hoover was strong when we needed him and he will be back. Redmond may be a future back of the rotation pitcher. We sent two players who were not going to make an impact on the ML level this year and got two pieces who could have positive impact in the future.
That is a win for me.
Valdez is not flashy, but he is solid and can play everywhere. I take him over PJ any day, but I'm happy PJ has a shot with onother club now.

ervinsm84
08-21-2012, 04:58 AM
Man, things must've been really desperate for Atlanta at SS to be happy with a guy that's posted a 568 OPS and a 62wRC+

I really liked Janish as a person, and he's a really good defender, but the guy just can not be an every day shortstop with a bat that weak.

scott91575
08-21-2012, 06:52 AM
Man, things must've been really desperate for Atlanta at SS to be happy with a guy that's posted a 568 OPS and a 62wRC+

I really liked Janish as a person, and he's a really good defender, but the guy just can not be an every day shortstop with a bat that weak.

Yeah, I don't get thanking anyone for that.

Of course I would rather have Horst back and Janish play the role of Valdez. Valdez is actually worse than Janish with the bat.

malcontent
08-21-2012, 08:30 AM
Francisco >> Cairo

Plus, I hear that JF is almost as good as Cairo in the clubhouse.

markymark69
08-21-2012, 04:42 PM
Hated it that Francisco didn't work out - it happens - a change of scenery was necessary. Valdez over Janish? Okay I'll take that, but I'll take a cold over the flu as well. Janish had his chance and he didn't take advantage of it. Hoover will be solid IMO, when a spot is created for him he and the jury is still out on Redmond. Nerves had to play a big part in his start.

19braves77
08-21-2012, 11:36 PM
The problem with Braves pitching prospects is that the Braves along with the Yankees are great at overhyping them. They only keep useful parts. If the Braves over a pitcher, something is wrong.

With Janish, it assured me I wouldn't have to watch Tyler who played nervous.

EMAW
08-21-2012, 11:53 PM
Francisco always looked out of shape and disinterested in defense, Janish was horrendous (one of the worst-Rob Piccolo style) seasons ever for a starting position player in recent history.

mikdavrut
08-22-2012, 04:00 AM
The problem with Braves pitching prospects is that the Braves along with the Yankees are great at overhyping them. They only keep useful parts. If the Braves over a pitcher, something is wrong.

With Janish, it assured me I wouldn't have to watch Tyler who played nervous.

That's all fine and dandy and I don't doubt that in many cases you are 100% correct, but that said, I have a REALLY good feeling about this Hoover kid. Could turn out to be a complete bust, no doubt, but I have a good feeling about him. Redmond, meh, he could turn out to be good or even great, but I'm not expecting much TBH. And no, I'm not basing that merely off of the game he pitched Saturday vs. the Cubs, it's just a "gut feeling"...nothing less, nothing more.

Having said the above, if BOTH Hoover AND Redmond turn out to be complete busts, I'm personally NOT going to miss Francisco OR Janish. Liked Janish well enough and his defense was really darn good much of the time, but his offense was total blah. Francisco, I can't quite put my finger on what it was about him, but I just never cared much for him. It was almost as though he really didn't give a ish. His defense wasn't that great and offensively, it was as though all he was ever interested in was trying to knock the ball out of the park. And he had all the power in the world to do just that, but when that's your primary goal pretty much every time you walk up to the plate, you're going to get what we got from him, which was never a heck of a lot.

So all the congrats in the world to you Braves fan, I'm glad you like both players, but I don't miss either of them in the least.

When Votto comes back, Frazier is >>>> vs. Francisco @ 3rd (assuming Frazier ends up playing primarily @ 3rd but even if not, I'll take an old Rolen over the much younger Francisco). And comparing Cozart to Janish, there's simply no comparison. Cozart's defense is on par w/Janish and his offense is a huge improvement. And Valdez serves just fine as a backup. So yeah, we had no real use for either Juan or Paul.

And having nothing AGAINST either Paul or Juan, I'm actually happy that they're getting PT w/the Braves. Win-win for all involved IMO.

scott91575
08-22-2012, 04:36 AM
Francisco >> Cairo

Francisco cannot play 2nd base. That was probably the biggest reason for letting him go, plus the fact he is brutal in the field.

Don't get me wrong, I am no Cairo fan. I would rather have Janish over Valdez or Cairo. Yet Francisco is very limited defensively and that is what killed him for the Reds. In fact, I think that was the main reason Frazier was considered the better prospect even though at the time offense was a question mark. Although we soon found out Frazier was better offensively too.

scott91575
08-22-2012, 04:42 AM
Yes, but Valdez can play other positions. The only other thing Janish can do is pitch, and he doesn't do that very well. Janish also struggled as an everyday SS. With Cozart coming on, his playing time was going to be limited already.

Personally, I'm happy Janish is with a team that'll give him a playing time in the big league. He's a good guy. Unfortunately, he no longer had a future with this team.

Janish played every infield position except 1B with the Reds. I personally did not see anything Valdez brought over Janish, but oh well, in the end it's not a big deal.

redsrolen
08-22-2012, 09:30 AM
Trading Francisco was imperative to open the door for Frazier. And JJ did a good job while he was here. I expect him back one day. JF was handed the keys numerous times and couldn't figure it out.

We won't know any thing about Redmond until he has a chance to prove himself. But Janish didn't have anywhere to play. He was give plenty of chances and couldn't solidify his position on this team. That's on him. Sometimes it takes being traded for a guy to step it up.

I have to assume that Valdez runs better, bunts better and can play more positions. If not it's really a wash between the two.

Regardless, you are welcome, and can have them both. My days of watching them are thankfully over. You can have Ross as well.

I do wish them all well though...

Exactly!!!

Larkin88
08-22-2012, 10:12 AM
Francisco >> Cairo

The first point is literally true. Don't know about the second one anymore than you do.

But what's your point? The Reds either identified that they wanted to trade for Hoover, or identified that they no longer wanted Francisco on the team for reasons that were probably not strictly production-based. In either of those instances, what does Miguel Cairo have to do with anything? Think the Braves would have gone Hoover for Cairo straight-up?

Ohioballplayer
08-22-2012, 01:00 PM
Both have filled in nicely.

when your tired of Drew Stubbs send him our away. Bourn will leave us after this season.

Yeah we typically like to send our garbage to other good teams

Janish - .297 OBA
Francisco - .301 oba

Yeah have fun with that for many years to come :thumbup:

Ohayou
08-22-2012, 04:27 PM
Yeah we typically like to send our garbage to other good teams

Janish - .297 OBA
Francisco - .301 oba

Yeah have fun with that for many years to come :thumbup:

Janish was always intended as a 2 month stop-gap until Simmons returned.

Francisco has managed to slim down and really get himself together. Still not walking much, but he's crushing right-handed pitching.