PDA

View Full Version : Thom?

Rantly
08-21-2012, 10:24 AM
For the last 3-4 weeks, I don't believe Thom has been in the booth....not that i miss him...have I missed something?

cooperlamar
08-21-2012, 10:32 AM
I think John Fay tweeted that he is doing the Cards series this weekend.

MrRedLegger
08-21-2012, 10:54 AM
He was doing preseason football on Fox last week. So i guess it's just in his contract or something that he does other events/sports

arkimadee
08-21-2012, 11:04 AM
Seems like he hasnt been around near as much this season. It doesn't really bother me because he gets on my nerves. Sometimes he acts like too much if a know it all. I really enjoyed George Grande last week. He use to get on my nerves Alot more but he seems more tolerable when the Reds have a winning team

Bob Sheed
08-21-2012, 11:51 AM
Seems like he hasnt been around near as much this season. It doesn't really bother me because he gets on my nerves. Sometimes he acts like too much if a know it all. I really enjoyed George Grande last week. He use to get on my nerves Alot more but he seems more tolerable when the Reds have a winning team

Announcers that "over-bass" their voice have always bothered me.

smixsell
08-21-2012, 03:11 PM
Good riddance to him. Can't stand his voice (and his stupidity).

Rantly
08-22-2012, 11:36 AM
I had to think of him last night when Cozart hit the game winning HR on "the very first pitch". That is my #1 pet peeve from Thom...he hates first pitch hitting

redsfanmia
08-22-2012, 02:03 PM
Thom is very annoying and hopefully he finds another place to land, his intentional butchering of the names Sanchez and Valdez drive me crazy.

Phoenix2
08-22-2012, 03:43 PM
I'm surprised to see the negative comments on here. I thought Thom was great in AZ...when we lost him we got Daron Sutton...and Thom was sorely missed. Would love to have him back calling games in AZ.

R_Webb18
08-22-2012, 03:48 PM
he's like fox's #2 guy. he's going to do a lot of football. he's done this last few years also.

Billy Hamilton's Legs
08-22-2012, 07:56 PM
I prefer Thom to any of the other options. Imo, him and Welsh together are as good as it gets. Have you ever heard the FS guys in St. Louis (for the cards)? It's possibly the most boring game call you can listen to. Be thankful; at least we have some guys that add a little flavor to the broadcast.

Of the other non-Thom people, ANYTHING but Grande. Kelch is pretty dry, and the Cowboy belongs on the radio. I like Welsh is the best.

Mr.Redleg82
08-22-2012, 08:07 PM
Can someone explain all the hate directed Thoms way?

CaliBuck
08-22-2012, 08:18 PM
I like Thom a lot. Far better than Grande and WAY better than Kelch. I like announcers that tell it like it is and that's what Thom does. Great voice.

R_Webb18
08-22-2012, 08:32 PM
i like them all. but no announcer really bugs me. yea some stink but i could careless.

Rantly
08-23-2012, 11:53 AM

Overall Thom is very good as far as his voice, capabilities etc., what irks me about him is he sometimes forgets that he is a play by play announcer, not the analyst...we have Welsh and Brantly for that. Yes Kelch is a bit dry but he does his job, letting you know what is happening on the field, not over- analyzing. He is also very negative which I'm sure some of which is from listening to his dad.

DocRed
08-23-2012, 12:33 PM

Paint drying, water torture...boring IMO.

Phoenix2
08-23-2012, 02:58 PM
I am often shocked at just how bad Brantley is...very boring, slow and often just flat out wrong. Thom is one of the best in the biz and gets national gigs as a result.