PDA

View Full Version : Reds have New Owners

arkimadee
08-21-2012, 09:51 AM
The Reds have new ownership in Philadelphia. The group took partial ownership in the mid 2000s but have seized full control of the team in the last few years.

In all seriousness, in getting tired of losing to these clowns. I can't in my wildest dreams even with all the injuries this year see how the Phillies are where they are in the standings. No excuses for them. I hope the Reds can find a way to split this series but I have a feeling this team is in there heads.

jback76
08-21-2012, 11:09 AM
The Reds have new ownership in Philadelphia. The group took partial ownership in the mid 2000s but have seized full control of the team in the last few years.

In all seriousness, in getting tired of losing to these clowns. I can't in my wildest dreams even with all the injuries this year see how the Phillies are where they are in the standings. No excuses for them. I hope the Reds can find a way to split this series but I have a feeling this team is in there heads.

I totally agree with you about the problem with the Phillies being in the Reds heads.

Larkin88
08-21-2012, 11:54 AM
I can't in my wildest dreams even with all the injuries this year see how the Phillies are where they are in the standings.

For the same reason they were even higher in the standings over the last few years before this one: beastly starting pitching.

Definitely stinks to lose a game where you put up that many runs on Halladay, though. Like... big time stinks. But I don't know why people are surprised that the Phils haven't rolled over with the rotation they have.

Maker_84
08-21-2012, 12:39 PM
Phillies have been playing very well lately and took like 3/4 in Milwaukee where the Reds got swept. Doesnt look like they can make up the ground to get a wildcard because right now they are the better team and thank god we wont have to face them in the playoffs because i doubt we would win even at full strength.

smixsell
08-21-2012, 05:53 PM

Possibly, but not yet. I think your proclamation is a little premature. Lets at least wait until the current series is over.:)

BluegrassRedleg
08-22-2012, 12:35 AM
I respect the Phillies in general, but I'm getting sick and tired of Utley's act. Go play Euro futbol or basketball at Duke. Jackass.

arkimadee
08-22-2012, 01:28 AM
Great win tonight by the Reds. Took 1/2 from Halladay/Lee started games. Should definitley get 1 of 2 the next two games. In the words of Borat a split would be a "Great Success"

mikdavrut
08-22-2012, 03:27 AM
I respect the Phillies in general, but I'm getting sick and tired of Utley's act. Go play Euro futbol or basketball at Duke. Jackass.

Maybe I'm missing something completely obvious (knowing myself, that's a high probability), but what exactly are you referring to concerning Utley?

scott91575
08-22-2012, 04:44 AM
Maybe I'm missing something completely obvious (knowing myself, that's a high probability), but what exactly are you referring to concerning Utley?

This game was the second time he faked getting hit with a pitch vs. the Reds. First time was in the playoffs in 2010. He led off the inning vs. Chapman when the Reds were leading 4-3 and faked getting hit by the pitch (it was the famous Jay Bruce lost in the lights inning, and could have been a 1-2-3 inning). The Phillies went on to score 3 runs and win the game 7-4.

mikdavrut
08-22-2012, 05:42 AM
This game was the second time he faked getting hit with a pitch vs. the Reds. First time was in the playoffs in 2010. He led off the inning vs. Chapman when the Reds were leading 4-3 and faked getting hit by the pitch (it was the famous Jay Bruce lost in the lights inning, and could have been a 1-2-3 inning). The Phillies went on to score 3 runs and win the game 7-4.
Ahhh, gotcha. I missed that in the game last night, must have been out of the room when that happened.

I TOTALLY remember it in the 2010 playoff game however. I do I EVER remember it. Talk about a game that just TOTALLY *issed me OFF :thumbdown:

I was wanting to sweep those guys SO BAD this series (I knew it was very doubtful to happen, but oh how I wanted it) just as a tiny little bit of "revenge" for them kicking our butts completely in those 2010 playoff. If we take these next 2, I'll be MORE than happy though :) Ah crap, who am I even kiddin'...if we take ONE of the next TWO then I'll be happy w/the series split!

That's one thing I really do love about this team. They really do seem to rebound from an ugly loss and come right back out the next night w/that ugly loss completely out of sight and out of mind. Gotta really respect and admire when a team can do that and this team seems to really do it well.

scott91575
08-22-2012, 05:52 AM
Ahhh, gotcha. I missed that in the game last night, must have been out of the room when that happened.

I TOTALLY remember it in the 2010 playoff game however. I do I EVER remember it. Talk about a game that just TOTALLY *issed me OFF :thumbdown:

I was wanting to sweep those guys SO BAD this series (I knew it was very doubtful to happen, but oh how I wanted it) just as a tiny little bit of "revenge" for them kicking our butts completely in those 2010 playoff. If we take these next 2, I'll be MORE than happy though :) Ah crap, who am I even kiddin'...if we take ONE of the next TWO then I'll be happy w/the series split!

That's one thing I really do love about this team. They really do seem to rebound from an ugly loss and come right back out the next night w/that ugly loss completely out of sight and out of mind. Gotta really respect and admire when a team can do that and this team seems to really do it well.

Yeah, last night was bad too. Even at regular speed I thought "how did that hit him?" Sure enough, when they showed the replay it didn't hit him. Utley is just good at going to first right away and the ump goes with it.

webbbj
08-22-2012, 08:01 AM

i dont see how this is a big deal at all. if a reds player did this id applaud it. Doing anything to get a win.

Kind of the same deal when pple whined about AROD yelling when that infielder was trying to take in an infield flyball and all of baseball had a panic attack about it. Mind boggling.

Larkin88
08-22-2012, 09:12 AM
i dont see how this is a big deal at all. if a reds player did this id applaud it. Doing anything to get a win.

Kind of the same deal when pple whined about AROD yelling when that infielder was trying to take in an infield flyball and all of baseball had a panic attack about it. Mind boggling.

I don't really see those as comparable situations. What AROD did was pretty unquestionably a punk move within the context of "baseball's unwritten rules" or however you want to term it.

Utley really is just the benefactor of favorable umpiring more often than not, or so it's seemed in his recent career. In both instances, he didn't really fake agonizing pain about them like Jeter did a few years (http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=4&cad=rja&ved=0CDMQFjAD&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.nesn.com%2F2010%2F09%2Fderek-jeter-fakes-getting-hit-by-pitch-claims-its-part-of-the-game.html&ei=Gtk0UIaAEqXByQHx7YCQCg&usg=AFQjCNGMXZ1fizpxC9RcOzdR6Sx77HL2BQ&sig2=BOB3YzS6XR8wPbVY_1X0Pg) ago when he likewise claimed it was just part of trying to win or whatever. In Utley's case in 2010, I know Dusty shared a similar mindset (http://content.usatoday.com/communities/dailypitch/post/2010/10/hit-by-pitch-or-not-dusty-baker-says-its-not-really-cheating-if-you-dont-get-caught/1#.UDTavnquky0) the you do.

For me personally, I get frustrated when we have to play Utley as a general rule, though. Not because I dislike Utley the player or Utley the person. It just seems like the dude is always on the right side of any umpiring decision or close call... chalk it up to good karma on his part maybe. Just hate when stuff like that comes back to bite the Reds as it more of then than not has. It isn't really isolated to just those "fake hit by pitch" incidents as far as I'm concerned, or just his performance exclusively against the Reds.

You are correct, though, I'm never upset when Reds end up getting the benefit of those calls.

bounty37h
08-22-2012, 09:26 AM

Good call, and as UNC fan, love the dook dig :)

smixsell
08-23-2012, 02:16 AM
Like I said........premature. :beerme:

CrosleyField
08-23-2012, 12:33 PM
http://youtu.be/pvSlSYpYtZA

Maybe Meatloaf was right!

arkimadee
08-23-2012, 01:36 PM
I'm glad the Reds are making me look like a jackass for starting this thread. :) maybe they actually read it Monday night and took offense. They have google just like us

smixsell
08-23-2012, 03:18 PM
Possible, but I doubt it. ;) However, I do think that Marty's negative comments about them "not being good enogh to win 10 in a row" helped set them on fire. :)