PDA

View Full Version : Interesting look at Reds record

redsmetz
08-22-2012, 05:03 PM
I couldn't find a thread to throw this little tidbit I put together this morning, so I thought I'd start a thread for it.

I was looking at the drubbing we took the other night and wondered how many games we'd had where we gave up a lot of runs. I think we've only had four where we gave up 10 or more runs. Then I sorted the record by our runs allowed and it was interesting.

In games where we've allowed six or more runs, our record has been 6-23. When it's been five or fewer runs, we're 68-26 (.723 record). I think it really speaks to the pitching staff, on one hand, how they kept us in the majority of games.

Just an interesting little factoid. Sorry I couldn't find another place to note it.

UKFlounder
08-22-2012, 05:07 PM
I think that's fine for a new thread and that is cool info.

It's pretty weird rooting for a team so reliant on (good) pitching. It sure seems different anyway.

mdccclxix
08-22-2012, 05:35 PM
2011 the Reds were 9-37 when allowing 6 or more. 46 games involved that many runs allowed. This year they're on pace for 38 games of 6 or more allowed. I think the bullpen can be thanked for limiting the damage a bit more often, as well as the overall maturing rotation.

redsmetz
08-22-2012, 09:23 PM
2011 the Reds were 9-37 when allowing 6 or more. 46 games involved that many runs allowed. This year they're on pace for 38 games of 6 or more allowed. I think the bullpen can be thanked for limiting the damage a bit more often, as well as the overall maturing rotation.

I don't have the time for it, but it would be interesting to see a breakdown of the games thus far as to whether they were runs allowed by the starters or relievers.