PDA

View Full Version : Wednesday 8/22/2012 Minor League Updates

texasdave
08-22-2012, 05:59 PM
Louisville will send out Kanekoa Texeira to stifle the Indianapolis Milk Drinkers (Milk Duds?) tonight. Kanekoa made a rare start last time out and only gave up one hit in five innings of work.
Felix Perez hit .327 in June, .352 in July and .355 so far here in August to raise his average to .299. Not on the 40-man, so likely no cup of coffee in September.
Denis Phipps is en fuego. 8 for his last 14, including 2 doubles, 4 bombs and 9 RBIs.
Neftali Soto is hitting .361 in August with an OPS of .945. Could be catching on to this AAA thing.

camisadelgolf
08-22-2012, 06:04 PM
Louisville Bats @ Indianapolis Indians
Harris 2b
Rodriguez ss
Phipps cf
Soto 1b
Perez rf
Costanzo 3b
Puckett lf
Peacock c
Texeira sp

Pensacola Blue Wahoos vs. Montgomery Biscuits
Mark Serrano sp

Bakersfield Blaze vs. Inland Empire 66ers
Dan Renken sp

Dayton Dragons @ Bowling Green Hot Rods
Perez ss
Diaz 3b
Rodriguez rf
Terry 2b
Buckley dh
Silva cf
O'Shea 1b
Dickinson lf
Gonzalez c
Stephenson p

Billings Mustangs @ Idaho Falls Chukars
Amaral cf
Winker lf
Vincej ss
Sanchez 1b
Pigott rf
Dailey 2b
Ramirez 3b
Gomez c
Sosa dh
Bender sp

DSL Reds vs. DSL Cubs1

DSL Reds/D-backs vs. DSL Yankees

texasdave
08-22-2012, 06:07 PM
In Southern League action, Pensacola goes up against the Biscuits of Montgomery. Mark Serrano (3.66) will take the ball. Serrano has some solid numbers 83 Ks and 24 walks in 78.2 innings pitched, but is old for the league. He will turn 27 in September.
Donald Lutz has been carrying smoking lumber to the plate for the last ten games. His smash line is .417/.475/.639/1.114. Nice.
Josh Felhauer has had a solid year with a batting average just over .300 and and OPS slightly north of .800.

Wahoo rotation, as currently comprised, is sparkling.

Rogers - 1.71
Cingrani - 1.87
Obispo - 2.19
Corcino - 3.17 (8 of his last 10 starts he has surrendered 2 earned runs or less)
Serrano - 3.66

texasdave
08-22-2012, 06:14 PM
Bakersfield Blaze will trot out Daniel Renken (5.87) and cross its fingers.

Steve Selsky is having a year to remember. .339/.417/.624/1.041
Theo Bowe has handled California League pitching to the tune of a .320 average.
Since being moved up Ryan Wright has thrived. .300/.320/.629/.949

texasdave
08-22-2012, 06:23 PM
Big game down in Bowling Green tonight. Robert Stephenson (2.74) goes for the Dragons.
His numbers so far in Dayton: 23 IP 12 H 10 BB 25 K.

texasdave
08-22-2012, 06:28 PM
Billings is at Idaho Falls tonight. Starting pitcher is to be determined. Mustangs have had plenty of hitting in 2012, led by Zachary Vincej at .422.

Drew Cisco garnering some honors this week:

Pioneer League
Andrew Cisco, Billings
(2-0, 0.00 ERA, 2 G, 2 GS, 10 IP, 3 H, 0 R, 0 ER, 0 HR, 0 HBP, 1 BB, 7 K)
Like Hahn above, Cisco is a sixth-round draftee from the 2010 class pitching for the first time in 2012 after going under the knife. And as good as Hahn has been, Cisco has been better. The 21-year-old righty victimized Idaho Falls on Tuesday and Ogden on Sunday, posting a pair of stellar five-inning starts. He is 4-0 with a 2.89 ERA in his first dozen outings as a pro.

mace
08-22-2012, 06:44 PM
Dave, you're the man.

Just needed to say that. Didn't think you'd mind.

camisadelgolf
08-22-2012, 06:47 PM
http://www.redszone.com/forums/showthread.php?t=97980
Dave's the man? Come on. I understand everything's bigger in Texas, but that includes the unintelligible typing that we call "Dave's posting habits". My thread is way better. At least it has the correct date. Plus there are some lineups listed. Screw this thread, and screw texasdave. My thread will reign superior.

texasdave
08-22-2012, 07:08 PM
We were taught in school that you have to write at the level of your audience. And I was pretty sure you were going to be reading this tonight, Camisa. :)

dougdirt
08-22-2012, 07:14 PM
Willie Harris, redszone favorite, homered to lead off the game for Louisville. HRod followed with a double but was stranded.

camisadelgolf
08-22-2012, 07:18 PM
We were taught in school that you have to write at the level of your audience. And I was pretty sure you were going to be reading this tonight, Camisa. :)
What I'm trying to figure out is why a teacher might think you'd ever have an attentive audience. Then again, some of the most interesting memories of grade school were of the times kids came up with the dumbest answers imaginable. :p

texasdave
08-22-2012, 07:25 PM
What I'm trying to figure out is why a teacher might think you'd ever have an attentive audience. Then again, some of the most interesting memories of grade school were of the times kids came up with the dumbest answers imaginable. :p

I went to a parochial grade school. St. Ann's. The way those catholic nuns wielded those triangular, steel-tipped rulers, paying attention was a much better option than not paying attention. And don't dare get sent to the principal's office. That 'board of education' was deadly. :laugh:

TheBigLebowski
08-22-2012, 07:35 PM
nm, wrong forum

camisadelgolf
08-22-2012, 07:38 PM
nm, wrong forum
Don't let that stop you. I know texasdave and I haven't.

texasdave
08-22-2012, 08:25 PM
Posting on the wrong thread is just another sign of my posting versatility. :eek:

texasdave
08-22-2012, 08:33 PM
Louisville tied up at two. Soto walked and came around on a Costanzo double. Texeira's pitch count up early and he only goes 2 and a third. Josh Judy takes the baton. Game knotted at 2 after 4 full.

texasdave
08-22-2012, 08:34 PM
Billy Hamilton with a much-deserved rest. Pensacola puts up a three spot in the first anyway. Big blow is two-run Bryson Smith triple. Wahoos lead 3-0 in the second.

texasdave
08-22-2012, 08:37 PM
Stephenson with a rocky first, giving up three. Dragons plate two in the second. They trail 3-2 in the third. Dayton was a recipient of three walks in the second. The inning ended on a fly ball/runner thrown out at the plate.

mace
08-22-2012, 10:05 PM
Willie Harris, redszone favorite, homered to lead off the game for Louisville. HRod followed with a double but was stranded.

Home Run Harris has a second dinger, but Louisville trails 7-5 after eight.

mace
08-22-2012, 10:06 PM
'Cola rolling 7-2 after six. David Vidal has a HR and 4 RBIs. Serrano pitched well.

mace
08-22-2012, 10:09 PM
Learning night for Stephenson: 3.1 IP, 8 H, 7 R, 7 ER, 2 BB, 5 K.

Dayton trails 10-5 in the seventh. Silva has a HR. Yorman with a couple singles.

mace
08-22-2012, 10:12 PM
Winker, who's been slacking off a bit lately, is 2-2 tonight. So is Pigott. Joel Bender's on the mound, and Billings leads 3-2 in the third.

cinreds21
08-22-2012, 10:16 PM
Dunno if anyone has noticed, but Felix Perez has put together a nice season. He is hitting .299 after hitting .226 and .228 in April and May, respectively.

texasdave
08-22-2012, 10:59 PM
Dunno if anyone has noticed, but Felix Perez has put together a nice season. He is hitting .299 after hitting .226 and .228 in April and May, respectively.

Perez had two more hits tonight, including a triple, to push his average up to .301. Louisville falls 7-5. As mentioned Willie Harris is officially in 'salary drive' mode, yanking two out of the park. Both drives came against Chris Leroux, who announced his retirement immediately following the game. Mike Costanzo with a couple hits as well. Every Bats' pitcher that toed the rubber tonight gave up runs.

texasdave
08-22-2012, 11:07 PM
Mark Serrano came out of the game after six strong and bad things happened in the Biscuit half of the seventh. They scored four times, aided by three free passes. The lead has been cut to 7-6.
Weird play in the Blue Fish half of the seventh. Beau Mills singled and Billy Hamilton was inserted into the game as a pinch runner. Vidal struck out and Billy Hamilton was called out on batter interference. I am assuming that Hamilton was trying to steal second and Vidal got in the way of the catcher's throw. That may not be the case.
Josh Fellhauer has reached all four times - two hits and two walks. Bryson Smith has two hits. David Vidal has a home run and four RBIs. And we have a PJ Phillips sighting. Pensacola still leads by one and Justin Freeman is on in the top of the ninth to try close things out.

texasdave
08-22-2012, 11:09 PM
Dragons got hammered 12-5. Stephenson was roughed up early and often. Lucas O'Rear as well. Defense made three errors leading to five unearned runs. Yorman Rodriguez and Nick O'Shea with two singles each. Juan Silva touched them all. Juan Perez with a hit and two walks.

texasdave
08-22-2012, 11:11 PM
Out west, Bakersfield leads 1-0 after three. Daniel Renken is shining so far tonight, giving up just one hit and striking out four. Danny Vicioso has doubled and scored the only run of the game.

texasdave
08-22-2012, 11:14 PM
Billings ouch. They travel 11-5 after six. Joel Bender pitched like he was on one. Or wished he was. He went three plus innings giving up nine runs on eleven hits. He pitched into the fourth but has no recollection of doing so. Zachary Vincej is one for one with a walk. He is now batting .429.

crazybob60
08-22-2012, 11:32 PM
I was at the Dragons game tonight down in Bowling Green. It just wasn't a great night at all for Stephenson. He was touching in the 90's on the radar, but he also threw quite a few balls out of the strike zone early in the game too. There were also some errors and some hits that were some rather 'fluke' type hits too. But again, the Bowling Green team this year is no slouch, they are one of the better teams in the Midwest, so he definitely had his work cut out for him. I left the game very unimpressed, in more than one aspect.

There other aspect, well, it may not belong here in this thread, but I shall mention it anyway. Maybe it was just one of those nights for Stephenson but I found him to be rather rude. I have a hobby where I try and collect autos from the teams coming in (I live right outside Bowling Green). I have many of the Midwest teams autos and well, I can understand that you are the starting pitcher tonight and that you may not want to sign before the game, and I can understand if you just got rocked and don't want to sign after the game, but in this whole year of going to the games and asking for the autos, I have never had anyone just flat out said 'NO' to me. I have had people say 'Catch me after the game' or 'Catch me tomorrow' which I normally do, and they more than oblige. But I get a 'NO' both before and after the game and get a nasty look from him after the game too. Mind you, there wasn't a lot of people asking either, I was the only person there at the time, both times. Again, it may have been just one of those nights for Stephenson and he may be a swell guy, but it just left a sour taste in my mouth tonight. I hope that this sour taste doesn't stay, because he has a ton of potential and he is a future Red and I don't want to have a disdain towards a future Red. I dunno. Just never had this type of reaction from a player, especially at the Low A level. Okay, I will get off my soapbox now. Sorry for the rant.

texasdave
08-22-2012, 11:54 PM
Freeman gives up homer, homer, triple, single to start the ninth. Pensacola fights back in the bottom half of the inning as LaMarre doubles and Hamilton singles him home. They still come up a run short and fall 9-8. Hamilton did steal second base in the ninth.

texasdave
08-22-2012, 11:56 PM
Daniel Renken has given up a home run and not much else through five. Bakersfield is tied up at 1. Travis Mattair is 2 for 2.

texasdave
08-22-2012, 11:57 PM
Billings goes quietly into that good night, falling 11-5.

cinreds21
08-23-2012, 12:50 AM
Perez had two more hits tonight, including a triple, to push his average up to .301. Louisville falls 7-5. As mentioned Willie Harris is officially in 'salary drive' mode, yanking two out of the park. Both drives came against Chris Leroux, who announced his retirement immediately following the game. Mike Costanzo with a couple hits as well. Every Bats' pitcher that toed the rubber tonight gave up runs.

Wait, are you sure about this?

j_m_t_us
08-23-2012, 12:55 AM
Freeman gives up homer, homer, triple, single to start the ninth. Pensacola fights back in the bottom half of the inning as LaMarre doubles and Hamilton singles him home. They still come up a run short and fall 9-8. Hamilton did steal second base in the ninth.

Wahoos bullpen was bad tonight! Why they left Freeman in after he gave up the 2nd homerun was a terrible decision by the manager. In regards to the playoffs, this game sunk them tonight!

dougdirt
08-23-2012, 12:58 AM
Wait, are you sure about this?

I get the feeling that was sarcasm/made up given that he gave up two shots to Willie Harris.

cinreds21
08-23-2012, 01:22 AM
I was really confused lol

crazybob60
08-23-2012, 09:11 PM
I was at the Dragons game tonight down in Bowling Green. It just wasn't a great night at all for Stephenson. He was touching in the 90's on the radar, but he also threw quite a few balls out of the strike zone early in the game too. There were also some errors and some hits that were some rather 'fluke' type hits too. But again, the Bowling Green team this year is no slouch, they are one of the better teams in the Midwest, so he definitely had his work cut out for him. I left the game very unimpressed, in more than one aspect.

There other aspect, well, it may not belong here in this thread, but I shall mention it anyway. Maybe it was just one of those nights for Stephenson but I found him to be rather rude. I have a hobby where I try and collect autos from the teams coming in (I live right outside Bowling Green). I have many of the Midwest teams autos and well, I can understand that you are the starting pitcher tonight and that you may not want to sign before the game, and I can understand if you just got rocked and don't want to sign after the game, but in this whole year of going to the games and asking for the autos, I have never had anyone just flat out said 'NO' to me. I have had people say 'Catch me after the game' or 'Catch me tomorrow' which I normally do, and they more than oblige. But I get a 'NO' both before and after the game and get a nasty look from him after the game too. Mind you, there wasn't a lot of people asking either, I was the only person there at the time, both times. Again, it may have been just one of those nights for Stephenson and he may be a swell guy, but it just left a sour taste in my mouth tonight. I hope that this sour taste doesn't stay, because he has a ton of potential and he is a future Red and I don't want to have a disdain towards a future Red. I dunno. Just never had this type of reaction from a player, especially at the Low A level. Okay, I will get off my soapbox now. Sorry for the rant.

I went back to the game tonight and Stephenson was very pleasant and engaged in a nice conversation. He was just having a bad evening. I guess I shouldn't jump to judgement sometimes. My own fault.

cinreds21
08-23-2012, 09:15 PM
Not to be mean, but the last thing a starting pitcher wants to do is sign for someone, especially an adult, when they start. Especially if he was knocked around a bit. I am not surprised at all with how he acted to you. Players, for the most part, really don't like signing for adults, especially if you have a whole page of cards for them to sign (not saying you did, just saying in general.)
So don't judge a pitcher's personality because they refused to sign on a night they pitched and didn't pitch quite well.

crazybob60
08-24-2012, 09:30 AM
Not to be mean, but the last thing a starting pitcher wants to do is sign for someone, especially an adult, when they start. Especially if he was knocked around a bit. I am not surprised at all with how he acted to you. Players, for the most part, really don't like signing for adults, especially if you have a whole page of cards for them to sign (not saying you did, just saying in general.)
So don't judge a pitcher's personality because they refused to sign on a night they pitched and didn't pitch quite well.

Yes, I agree with you on the aspect of judging a pitcher's personality on the night they pitched and didn't pitch well and then not sigining. That was my fault for doing so and that is why I came back on in this thread and made amends for that and then apologized for it.

I do this for a hobby. I still collect cards and collect autographs. I find it fun and also fun getting to know some future players too through doing so. I have had plenty of starting pitchers through the course of the year, not mind in the least signing something for me on the day they pitched. So I doubt that it is 'the last thing' they want to do on that day.

I don't mean to be starting anything here at all. I hear what you are saying cinreds21 and I agree with a part of your statement, but not so much in the other. Just thought that I would come back in here and further explain myself. Anyway, enough of these opinions and stances on just collecting and getting autographs. Lets go Reds. That's what we are here about anyway, seeing the Reds and their farm teams win....

cinreds21
08-24-2012, 01:35 PM
Oh dude I was not trying to start or rift or talking trash to you or anything like that. Since you mentioned the autograph thing I thought I'd just generalize it and just put something out there. I wasn't trying to put your down or anything, I was saying it for everyone for a somewhat better understanding of things. Wasn't trying to offend you or anything man.