PDA

View Full Version : Would Todd Frazier not winning Rookie of the year be a blessing in disguise?

TannerSegbers
08-22-2012, 10:46 PM
Okay do not get me wrong i think Todd has played great and i think he deserves the award but the reds are a small market club with a payroll and having a award like rookie of the year will be a big chip in the first time through arbitration, do you think the money saved would be better than the publicity, marketing value of Todd Frazier and merchandise sales? Once more i would love for Todd to win it but i just think in the long term it wouldn't be as bad as one might think if he didnt

Ironman92
08-22-2012, 10:49 PM
Sorry....but he's going to win and finish about 20th in MVP

Maker_84
08-22-2012, 10:58 PM
if he doesnt win then it would be a crime

Australian Red
08-22-2012, 11:14 PM
Okay do not get me wrong i think Todd has played great and i think he deserves the award but the reds are a small market club with a payroll and having a award like rookie of the year will be a big chip in the first time through arbitration, do you think the money saved would be better than the publicity, marketing value of Todd Frazier and merchandise sales? Once more i would love for Todd to win it but i just think in the long term it wouldn't be as bad as one might think if he didnt

We will be rolling in the cash after we win the WS :beerme:

HometownHero
08-22-2012, 11:18 PM
Plenty of games left and some quality competition still out there.

BluegrassRedleg
08-22-2012, 11:48 PM
Dusty says "Why would anyone vote a bench player ROY???"

IamRV
08-23-2012, 12:05 AM
Dusty says "Why would anyone vote a bench player ROY???"

Exactly. When Votto returns, Todd will be picking splinters from his butt.

http://hardballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/08/22/todd-frazier-appears-bench-bound-following-joey-vottos-return/

Australian Red
08-23-2012, 12:25 AM
Exactly. When Votto returns, Todd will be picking splinters from his butt.

http://hardballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/08/22/todd-frazier-appears-bench-bound-following-joey-vottos-return/

Could you play Todd instead of Stubbs?

HometownHero
08-23-2012, 12:36 AM
Wade Miley has his ERA down to 2.82 and is in line for his 14th win, we may have to beat him up if we face him to help Todd's cause especially if he can do it himself.

BluegrassRedleg
08-23-2012, 03:15 AM
Could you play Todd instead of Stubbs?

Only on days that end in "Y".

webbbj
08-23-2012, 09:51 AM
Todd is gonna get paid regardless if wins the ROY or not if he continues to put up numbers. So I wish him the best in his ROY chase.

bounty37h
08-23-2012, 10:17 AM
Interesting. I think if he does win, it is still a few years before reaches arb (didnt look up details), so I feel he would have to continue at current level and maybe improve a little for it to play into contract. If not, can be looked at as he came up and did great, but where has improvment come to warrant heavy raise.

justincredible
08-23-2012, 11:18 AM
Wade Miley has his ERA down to 2.82 and is in line for his 14th win, we may have to beat him up if we face him to help Todd's cause especially if he can do it himself.

Yeah, I think the award is Miley's to lose at this point. A rookie pitcher with a 14-8 record and a 2.80 ERA is pretty incredible.

That said, hopefully he falters down the stretch and Todd continues to put up his normal numbers. I'm not sure I've seen anyone have as much fun as Todd out on the field so it would be really cool to see him rewarded with some hardware for it.

DocRed
08-23-2012, 12:40 PM
Dusty will keep him from winning the ROY. He will be benched once Rolen is back...sad.

Reverend Doo-Rag
08-23-2012, 05:06 PM
Is Frazier even eligible for the ROY? For all this talk he may have spent 45 days on the active roster last year, he did appear in 41 games.

Larkin88
08-23-2012, 05:10 PM
Is Frazier even eligible for the ROY? For all this talk he may have spent 45 days on the active roster last year, he did appear in 41 games.

Short answer: Yes.

5TimeWSChamps
08-23-2012, 06:20 PM
When Votto comes back, move Bruce to CF, put Frazier in RF.

Problem solved.

Lineup:

Phillips
Cozart
Votto
Ludwick
Bruce
Frazier
Rolen
Hanigan

DocRed
08-23-2012, 06:33 PM
When Votto comes back, move Bruce to CF, put Frazier in RF.

Problem solved.

Lineup:

Phillips
Cozart
Votto
Ludwick
Bruce
Frazier
Rolen
Hanigan

Completely against Dusty Logic 101...Bruce can't play CF don't you know that? Just like catchers cannot ever bat higher than 8th no matter what they are hitting. Please don't suggest something that will cause a cataclysmic implosion of the universe as we know it.

Larkin88
08-23-2012, 07:36 PM
Completely against Dusty Logic 101...Bruce can't play CF don't you know that? Just like catchers cannot ever bat higher than 8th no matter what they are hitting. Please don't suggest something that will cause a cataclysmic implosion of the universe as we know it.

With respect to your point, I really don't think Jay Bruce is an ideal center fielder. And I love the guy. I'm not sure that's Dusty Logic so much as it is an evaluation of him as a player.

The batting order thing, though... I agree, that is partially a product of Dusty Baker's management of the blub. No matter what your opinion of the guy is - good or bad.