PDA

View Full Version : Dusty to bench Frazier?

RedEye
08-23-2012, 02:34 PM
From the Sun Deck, per Fay, original link (http://cincinnati.com/blogs/reds/2012/08/22/baker-talks-about-frazier-question/):

Dusty's take:

“Sometimes when you’re on really good team, you’ve got to wait your turn to play. He’s fortunate he’s had this opportunity with Joey and Rolen being out. It’s fortunate for us that we had him. It’s fortunate for him that he’s been able to show what he can do.”

westofyou
08-23-2012, 02:36 PM
He'll get his AB's

There is no I in TEAM

(Yes I just typed that)

RedEye
08-23-2012, 02:37 PM
He'll get his AB's

Hope you're right. I care about that more than whether he is anointed a "starter."

Caveman Techie
08-23-2012, 02:39 PM
Yeah, I don't see him disappearing in to Heisey land. Rolen and Frazier will probably platoon at third with Rolen getting the majority of time, and then Frazier will get some outfield play when one of the outfielders needs a day off.

smith288
08-23-2012, 03:17 PM
He'll get his AB's

There is no I in TEAM

(Yes I just typed that)
http://shotgunwildatheart.files.wordpress.com/2011/04/theres_i_in_team.jpg

redsmetz
08-23-2012, 03:30 PM
I went looking for some interview or another of Frazier and his positive attitude. I came across this article from the Star-Ledger about Frazier and his playing in the Little League World Series. I think I'll start a thread for that article, but here's the money quote, just typical of Frazier, IMO:

“I’ve gotten comfortable,” Frazier said. “And when I’m comfortable, I think I play fine. For me, it doesn’t matter what position I play. Third, first, left, even second or short. I just wanted an opportunity to open some eyes, and I think I’ve done that.

“I don’t need to put up Joey Votto’s MVP stats, but if I do the things I can do, I know I can help with the team game. That’s what I learned from my high school coach, Ken Frank. He always said, ‘Be a team-first guy.’ And I listened.”

Odd thing is that this writer has the exact quote from Baker about Frazier's playing time, almost verbatim. I'll give Fay the benefit of the doubt that perhaps Baker's quote is from a session with all reporters, but it jumped out at me. [note - I think those sessions are the norm and both would have just had to have had their recorder and transcribed it]

nate
08-23-2012, 10:40 PM
To me, one could have a platoon like this:

Votto
Rolen
Ludwick

Votto
Frazier
Ludwick

Votto
Rolen
Frazier

Frazier
Rolen
Ludwick

And keep everyone "fresh" while "game ready."

fearofpopvol1
08-24-2012, 05:11 AM
He'll get his AB's

There is no I in TEAM

(Yes I just typed that)

but there is "me"

GAC
08-24-2012, 05:16 AM
.294 BA .352 OB% .560 SLG% .913 OPS (18 HRs, 55 RBIs)

That line has to be in the lineup somehow/someway.

[drove in all 3 of the Red's runs last night in that 4-3 loss]

Vottomatic
08-24-2012, 09:45 AM
The thread title is a little misleading, IMHO.