PDA

View Full Version : mlb.tv

redssince75
08-23-2012, 02:51 PM
Is there some reason that the Reds are never, ever the "free game of the day"? I've been watching for a couple of months and have seen the Reds as the "free game of the day" only once. By law of straight stats and percentages, their turn should have come up 4-5 times by now.

Anyone know if mlb.tv intentionally makes "desireable" teams (first place teams, or Yankees, or Dodgers, or however) less available than your average Mets-Rockies game (the pick for today).

BrooklynRedz
08-23-2012, 03:11 PM
Is there some reason that the Reds are never, ever the "free game of the day"? I've been watching for a couple of months and have seen the Reds as the "free game of the day" only once. By law of straight stats and percentages, their turn should have come up 4-5 times by now.

Anyone know if mlb.tv intentionally makes "desireable" teams (first place teams, or Yankees, or Dodgers, or however) less available than your average Mets-Rockies game (the pick for today).

Reds have been featured in free game of the day several times this year, most recently mid-July (unless I'm missing a more recent occurrence).

smith288
08-23-2012, 03:13 PM
I think I have seen them about 3 times.

redssince75
08-23-2012, 03:37 PM
Reds have been featured in free game of the day several times this year, most recently mid-July (unless I'm missing a more recent occurrence).

That would be the one I remember.

But since they've been hot and been in first -- zero, zilch, nada. I suspect there is a correlation.

jhc2010
08-23-2012, 04:37 PM
If there are 30 MLB clubs and two are free every day, the Reds should be the free game once every two weeks.

jhc2010
08-23-2012, 04:38 PM
Reds/Diamondbacks will be the free game of the day on Monday, August 27 at 9:40 PM ET.

Nathan
08-23-2012, 04:53 PM
Why would they give their best products away for free? Whet the appetite and draw people into buying their product. If you are constantly giving away your best, what would be the motivation of purchasing the product?

redssince75
08-23-2012, 04:57 PM
Why would they give their best products away for free? Whet the appetite and draw people into buying their product. If you are constantly giving away your best, what would be the motivation of purchasing the product?

This is exactly why I think the Reds commodity is scarce. I am simply trying to confirm whether this is in fact what is happening, or whether I'm just not noticing the days the Reds are free.

vaticanplum
08-24-2012, 01:07 PM
That would be the one I remember.

But since they've been hot and been in first -- zero, zilch, nada. I suspect there is a correlation.

Their first game against the Padres (which they lost terribly) was the game of the day. That was on July 30, at the peak of their hot streak -- they were 17-2 in their previous 19 games.

Johnny Footstool
08-24-2012, 04:44 PM
The remedy is to just break down and purchase mlb.tv.