PDA

View Full Version : Curiosity about player usage versus W/L record.

LoganBuck
08-24-2012, 12:07 PM
I have noticed, recently that whenever 4 of the following players participate in the same game the Reds tend to lose: Cairo, Valdez, Heisey, Leake(especially in a non pitching role), Lecure, Arredondo, and Ondrusek. I would add that the following players would also make the list, Harris, Costanzo, and Navarro.

Aside from physically counting, is there an easy sorting tool that would make it easy to generate what the record of a team is when a certain combination of a group of players partipates?

dougdirt
08-24-2012, 12:15 PM
With the bullpen guys, it seems to me that Dusty has guys he goes to when we are losing and guys to go to when we are winning or tied. So it wouldn't shock me to see those guys broken down that way with big splits for wins/losses.

backbencher
08-24-2012, 01:01 PM
I have noticed, recently that whenever 4 of the following players participate in the same game the Reds tend to lose: Cairo, Valdez, Heisey, Leake(especially in a non pitching role), Lecure, Arredondo, and Ondrusek. I would add that the following players would also make the list, Harris, Costanzo, and Navarro.

Aside from physically counting, is there an easy sorting tool that would make it easy to generate what the record of a team is when a certain combination of a group of players partipates?

The 2012 Reds have a very good record when they don't play Joey Votto. I'm not sure that I want to draw any conclusions from that, though.

BuckeyeRedleg
08-24-2012, 01:04 PM
How about a +/- (like hockey) for RS/RA for innings played? That would be sort of interesting.

RedsMan3203
08-24-2012, 01:08 PM
We all know the record when Stubbs scores a run :)