PDA

View Full Version : Dodgers Awarded Claim On Adrian Gonzalez

Krawhitham
08-24-2012, 02:07 PM
http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2012/08/dodgers-awarded-claiming-rights-on-adrian-gonzalez.html

The Dodgers were awarded the waiver claim on Adrian Gonzalez, Bill Shaikin of the LA Times reports (on Twitter). The Dodgers and Red Sox can now discuss a possible trade.

http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2012/08/dodgers-awarded-claiming-rights-on-adrian-gonzalez.html

WOW when will they stop spending money, they are become the Yankees of the west

Ironman92
08-24-2012, 04:45 PM
Hope we get the chance....but facing them in the playoffs will be significantly different than when we faced them without Kemp, Ethier and missed Kershaw.

I believe Jerry Hairston Jr was their top choice to bat cleanup then.

HometownHero
08-24-2012, 05:36 PM
ESPN Boston's Gordon Edes tweeted this...

Blockbuster: red Sox, Dodgers working on deal that would send AGon, Crawford, Beckett and Punto to LA. Hurdles remain, but closing in

Ironman92
08-24-2012, 05:42 PM
Jesus

Larkin88
08-24-2012, 05:53 PM
Hope we get the chance....but facing them in the playoffs will be significantly different than when we faced them without Kemp, Ethier and missed Kershaw.

I believe Jerry Hairston Jr was their top choice to bat cleanup then.

Off-topic, but since you mentioned his name, I though I'd just add how much I totally love Jerry Hairston Jr. (though not cleaning up, obviously - totally get your point :laugh:)

Redsfansince72
08-24-2012, 06:16 PM
ESPN Boston's Gordon Edes tweeted this...

Blockbuster: red Sox, Dodgers working on deal that would send AGon, Crawford, Beckett and Punto to LA. Hurdles remain, but closing in

How is this good for baseball if the Dodgers become the new Yankees of the NL???? And to think the Reds were not allowed to get Vida Blue becuae Kuhn didnt want a dynasty in Cincinnati.. Goodness!!

Selig should shoot this deal down

The DARK
08-24-2012, 06:25 PM
How is this good for baseball if the Dodgers become the new Yankees of the NL???? And to think the Reds were not allowed to get Vida Blue becuae Kuhn didnt want a dynasty in Cincinnati.. Goodness!!

Something tells me it's more likely they become the Marlins of the west, and Selig might shoot it down for that reason. It all depends on the TV deal.

cooperlamar
08-24-2012, 06:54 PM
My god, that is a crazy trade, especially in late August. This would have to put the Dodgers as the NL favorites, right? Especially with Strasburg out of the playoffs.

HometownHero
08-24-2012, 06:55 PM
Scott Miller of CBS Sports.
Source on A-Gon/#RedSox/#Dodgers blockbuster: "I'm getting the feeling from both sides ... it's going down." Talks def drop-dead serious

WDE
08-24-2012, 06:56 PM
My goodness. Dodgers would get the better players, but IMO those contracts are just terrible. I would hate to have those contracts.

HometownHero
08-24-2012, 06:57 PM
Also James Loney apparently just got scratched from the Dodgers lineup.

HometownHero
08-24-2012, 07:06 PM
Now Gonzalez has been scratched from the Boston lineup

EDIT:
Alex Speier Red Sox Beat Writer, WEEI.com
Punto and Gonzalez were both summoned into clubhouse from dugout

Red Raindog
08-24-2012, 07:11 PM

That was my first thought -- Dave Revering & $400,000 for Vida if my memory still works

HometownHero
08-24-2012, 07:17 PM
More from Gordon Edes

To repeat: trade would send Adrian Gonzalez, Carl Crawford, Josh Beckett and Nick Punto to LA. Red Sox would get RHP Rubby de la Rosa, as PTBNL since he did not clear waivers. Also, 1b James Loney, OF Sands, IF DeJesus, top prospect

Maker_84
08-24-2012, 07:20 PM
dodgers need to win their division first to make the playoffs and right now haven't played well lately and r 3 games behind the Giants

OGB
08-24-2012, 09:10 PM
Anybody know anything about the quality of the prospects?

19braves77
08-24-2012, 09:12 PM
I have a hard time believing that Carl Crawford was a problem in Boston.

I don't see why the Dodgers would want the headache of these contracts and personalities.

19braves77
08-24-2012, 09:17 PM
Anybody know anything about the quality of the prospects?

Allan Webster is very good. When the Lookouts came to Pensacola, he was the one that featured three average-to-plus pitches while Zach Lee was a mess.

James Loney career will probably have a shelf life of one month in the AL unless the Red Sox are happy with the defense. I read that Mattingly protected him a lot in LA.

cw0802
08-24-2012, 10:01 PM
I have a hard time believing that Carl Crawford was a problem in Boston.

I don't see why the Dodgers would want the headache of these contracts and personalities.

Could be a little urgency to compete with the Angels? What greater FU to the Angels than to make it to the World Series after they spent so much on Wilson and Pujols?

Old NDN
08-25-2012, 08:58 AM
How in the name of Bud Selig is this good for baseball?

texasdave
08-25-2012, 10:14 AM
Jesus

I don't think he cleared waivers. :laugh:

BluegrassRedleg
08-26-2012, 12:55 AM
Could be a little urgency to compete with the Angels? What greater FU to the Angels than to make it to the World Series after they spent so much on Wilson and Pujols?

I think they want LA back, plus they see a golden opportunity to win this year. There's just no clear-cut great team out there. They seem to be going for it, even if it really screws them long-term. Talk now is that there's no way Kershaw comes back.

jwmann2
08-26-2012, 03:34 AM
Magic Johnson and company have made it clear that they want to win and they want to win now. Can't wait til the Dodgers head in to Great American next month. That's going to be a showdown right around playoff time; I'm sure they're expecting record capacities.