PDA

View Full Version : Adrian Gonzalez's first AB with the Dodgers...

WDE
08-25-2012, 11:56 PM
He gets a standing ovation then hits a 3-run homerun. Thought that was pretty cool.

Maker_84
08-26-2012, 12:01 AM
they are absolutely loaded now, do not want them to win that division

mu4103
08-26-2012, 12:02 AM
Having said that Gonzo's backup Mauro Gomez is 3-4 with a HR and 3 RBI so far in a tie game Boston.

Congrats to Gonzo though!

HometownHero
08-26-2012, 12:47 AM
Ethier has 10 hits in a row for the Dodgers, might have a shot at going for #11 here in the 8th

scott91575
08-26-2012, 06:51 AM
The biggest question is was the Red Sox clubhouse really that bad or were Adrian Gonzalez and Carl Crawford truly regressing. They are both hitting 30, and going from a hitter park to a pitchers park. The home run was close to going foul.

I have never seen a trade where I see it going horribly wrong or incredibly right for both teams. The Dodgers have money, but in a couple of years they could have 5 players making over 100+ million. I know they have money, but 3 of those guys are already 30 and 2 of them are regressing. I honestly have no idea how to feel about this trade other than it did make the Dodgers better this year. So from a Reds fan perspective that sucks, but in the long term the Dodgers may have really hurt themselves.

HometownHero
08-26-2012, 08:04 AM
Boston is a hard place to play. They have massive exceptions, media can be a issue and they play in an ultra competitive division where they team who finishes last could contend in most every other division. On top of all of that they had some clubhouse issues and then some Bobby V issues as well.

Plenty of guys are getting out of there and taking off and I expect these guys to do the same.