PDA

View Full Version : We do not want the Cardinals to make the playoffs.

reds700
08-26-2012, 04:44 PM
Team hits the baseball very well and looks like they have fixed their bullpen issues. We better be rooting for the pirates and braves.

cincyforever
08-26-2012, 04:46 PM
I second that. Their lineup has no soft spots. Not one. Their worst average, as of Friday, was the Reds third best average. That's sad.

Ironman92
08-26-2012, 05:27 PM
Duh....everyone remember last year

HometownHero
08-26-2012, 05:33 PM
Been preaching that for a while now

HometownHero
08-26-2012, 05:46 PM
Since May 1st when Craig came off the DL the Cardinals have the 1st, 2nd and T-3rd NL leaders in RBI With Craig tied with Posey and McCutchen.

Maker_84
08-26-2012, 06:17 PM
their offense is just scary and still have good starting pitching, God do the Pirates need to win this next series against them

cw0802
08-26-2012, 11:26 PM
Since May 1st when Craig came off the DL the Cardinals have the 1st, 2nd and T-3rd NL leaders in RBI With Craig tied with Posey and McCutchen.

But Craig is lucky... right?;)

HometownHero
08-26-2012, 11:53 PM
But Craig is lucky... right?;)

Indeed, he's about to get stuck with the massive regression to the mean.

PumpFak3First
08-27-2012, 01:41 AM
The Braves are no joke either. I don't care who makes the playoffs. I'll root for certain matchups after it's set but whatever. Bring em on.

webbbj
08-27-2012, 09:21 AM
Ive been rooting for the reds obviously to have the best record in the NL and want them to get there regardless of machup but if they are the #2 record in the NL they most likely get the dodgers or giants as opposed to the cards or braves if we were to get the #1 record.

From that perspective I would much rather us get the latter in the 1st rd as opposed to the former.

Carin4Narron
08-27-2012, 09:32 AM
People People CHILL! We all should have known that the Reds would only taken 1 of 3 this weekend with Leake and Bailey going. It would have been a different story, if Bronson,Cueto,and Latos were going. St. Louis still has to play Pittsburgh,Washington,SF,and LA while the Reds play the Arizonas.Houstons, and the Cubs of the world. RELAX!

webbbj
08-27-2012, 09:58 AM
People People CHILL! We all should have known that the Reds would only taken 1 of 3 this weekend with Leake and Bailey going. It would have been a different story, if Bronson,Cueto,and Latos were going. St. Louis still has to play Pittsburgh,Washington,SF,and LA while the Reds play the Arizonas.Houstons, and the Cubs of the world. RELAX!

well we should have counted on winning friday inn a game we scored 5 runs and had Latos pitching.

But yea true taking 1 out of 3 is no disaster.

We just need Votto back to give us one last surge going into the playoffs.

boiseheidleberg
08-27-2012, 12:34 PM
Ive been rooting for the reds obviously to have the best record in the NL and want them to get there regardless of machup but if they are the #2 record in the NL they most likely get the dodgers or giants as opposed to the cards or braves if we were to get the #1 record.

From that perspective I would much rather us get the latter in the 1st rd as opposed to the former.

I'm hoping for the second best record. The crazy playoff format puts the team with the best record on the road to start the playoffs. That means if you've got the best record you won't even know what city your going to until the wildcard play-in game is over the day before. And you'll play the first two games on the road. That's the reward for having the best record after a gruelling 162 game schedule? I'll take 2nd. Crazy thinking by the powers that be.

Krawhitham
08-27-2012, 12:54 PM
Team hits the baseball very well and looks like they have fixed their bullpen issues. We better be rooting for the pirates and braves.

They are not going to the playoffs

No one catches the Braves, they only have 6 games against teams above .500 left this season. 21 games with sub .500 teams

SF also only has 6 games with teams above .500

LA just spend 250 million to lock up the last wild card slot

Cards have 17 games with plus .500 teams left

bounty37h
08-27-2012, 01:46 PM
Personally, I don't want the Cards to make the payoffs any year no matter what our situation is.

'69 & Vine
08-27-2012, 04:49 PM
Personally, I don't want the Cards to make the payoffs any year no matter what our situation is.

:beerme:

This is the first year I ever gave a hoot about how the Cardinals do, but with the way they troll the Reds fans on certain boards, I wish their team nothing but the worst.

Jefferson24
08-27-2012, 05:02 PM

Most teams I am indifferent to, but the Cardinals I actually root against.

AintlifeGrande
08-27-2012, 05:52 PM
Don't want to see them anywhere.Reds Nation would be burned if they were to beat us,after the great year we have had.

smixsell
08-27-2012, 06:09 PM

Me too. :D

......because of dislike not fear. :bash:

PS There's nothing to fear from them now, not since TLR and Dave Duncan took their "PED enhanced coaching methods" and left town. :)

HometownHero
08-27-2012, 06:48 PM
They are not going to the playoffs

No one catches the Braves, they only have 6 games against teams above .500 left this season. 21 games with sub .500 teams

SF also only has 6 games with teams above .500

LA just spend 250 million to lock up the last wild card slot

Cards have 17 games with plus .500 teams left

I wish you were right but there is little shot the Cardinals miss the playoffs. They are 2 games off the Braves after they choke they put down last year now lead is safe.

They Dodgers did spend a bunch of money but a big chunk of it isn't playing this year and more of it was used to replace Chad Billingsley who just went on the DL. So they spent all that money to get a major upgrade at first but took steps back as the utility man with Punto over Hairston and in the rotation.

The Dodgers have 6 games with SF so they have a shot to catch the Giants or the Giants can push them back, they have also 4 games with the Cardinals so all the Cardinals need to do is split to kill off 4 games and even if they lost 3 of 4 they would be .5 out based off today's standings and killing 4 road games and 4 Dodger home games, last time they played the Cardinals won 3 of 4.The Dodgers also have 3 with us and 6 with the D-backs who have some dangerous pitching and Washington again.

In addition to the 6 H2H the Giants have with the Dodgers they have 9 with the D-Backs who's pitching can give any team issues, especially one like the Giants that have issues scoring at times.

17 Cardinals left with winning teams isn't impressive on paper. They have 3 with the Pirates who lost 10-17 games that's a 102 loss pace for a sixth of the season. They have 4 with Washington that will test them since they like like they are going to get hit with the big arms.

Then they get 9 easy games before the Dodgers which should test them as well then 9 east games again before playing a resting up for the playoffs Nats and Reds at home the final 6 games and the Nats should be without Stephen Strasburg by then.

cw0802
08-27-2012, 10:17 PM
I wish you were right but there is little shot the Cardinals miss the playoffs. They are 2 games off the Braves after they choke they put down last year now lead is safe.

They Dodgers did spend a bunch of money but a big chunk of it isn't playing this year and more of it was used to replace Chad Billingsley who just went on the DL. So they spent all that money to get a major upgrade at first but took steps back as the utility man with Punto over Hairston and in the rotation.

The Dodgers have 6 games with SF so they have a shot to catch the Giants or the Giants can push them back, they have also 4 games with the Cardinals so all the Cardinals need to do is split to kill off 4 games and even if they lost 3 of 4 they would be .5 out based off today's standings and killing 4 road games and 4 Dodger home games, last time they played the Cardinals won 3 of 4.The Dodgers also have 3 with us and 6 with the D-backs who have some dangerous pitching and Washington again.

In addition to the 6 H2H the Giants have with the Dodgers they have 9 with the D-Backs who's pitching can give any team issues, especially one like the Giants that have issues scoring at times.

17 Cardinals left with winning teams isn't impressive on paper. They have 3 with the Pirates who lost 10-17 games that's a 102 loss pace for a sixth of the season. They have 4 with Washington that will test them since they like like they are going to get hit with the big arms.

Then they get 9 easy games before the Dodgers which should test them as well then 9 east games again before playing a resting up for the playoffs Nats and Reds at home the final 6 games and the Nats should be without Stephen Strasburg by then.

As screwy as you "luck" theory is. You do make a lot of sense. This redbird fan respects your word.

HometownHero
08-27-2012, 10:31 PM
As screwy as you "luck" theory is. You do make a lot of sense. This redbird fan respects your word.

Coming into today the Cardinals were 9 points higher than the next best team in BABIP the Cardinals are extremely lucky and it goes deeper than that stat but its unbelievably amazing on its own.

AintlifeGrande
08-27-2012, 10:50 PM

I believe Hanley and Gonzalez are a big chunk,and they are playing this year.Geez you Cards fans just see things the way you want.I'll take Gonzalez,Hanley,and Kemp anyday over the Cardinals ''potent ''middle of the order.

HometownHero
08-27-2012, 10:59 PM
I believe Hanley and Gonzalez are a big chunk,and they are playing this year.Geez you Cards fans just see things the way you want.I'll take Gonzalez,Hanley,and Kemp anyday over the Cardinals ''potent ''middle of the order.

Not even remotely close to a Cardinals fan, but Krawhitham wasn't talking about Hanley he was talking about the money in the Boston trade. In that Boston trade over 105M of that money is for a guy not even playing this year, they 2 of the other players are replacing guys they aren't as good as.

For right now they spent all that money in the Boston trade to upgrade one spot and if they don't win tonight down 2-0 they will be 1-2 since adding those guys.

jback76
08-27-2012, 11:36 PM
I think the Cardinals will get in as a wild card, and i'm not worried about them anyway. The only team that scares me a little are the Nationals. The Nationals pitching shut us Down early in the year, and although the Reds hitting is much improved, not a lot of teams have had success with them.

HometownHero
08-28-2012, 12:47 AM
Those Dodgers just got shut out 10-0 on 4 hits in Denver to the worst pitching staff in the majors and are now 2.5 out of the WC after losing 2 games in the standings since the trade while the Cardinals are playing their so called hard games.

Since they added Hanley they are 16-15, while the Cardinals are 20-11 including 2-0 vs the Dodgers.

BungleBengals
08-28-2012, 02:42 PM
Not worried about the Cards. Latos gave up a late HR when Dusty should have taken him out. Plus they did not see Cueto or Votto. We will be fine come October if they are still there.

Trajinous
08-28-2012, 02:48 PM
Votto is still out. That guy is worth at least 2 more wins. As long as our staff stay healthy, I'm not worried about making the playoffs.

I'd prefer the Cards not make it so we don't have to hear the "here we go again" storyline.

BungleBengals
08-28-2012, 02:51 PM
Votto is still out. That guy is worth at least 2 more wins. As long as our staff stay healthy, I'm not worried about making the playoffs.

I'd prefer the Cards not make it so we don't have to hear the "here we go again" storyline.

ESPN will be on that one just like they are with Tebow everyday.

smixsell
08-28-2012, 03:15 PM
I think the Cardinals will get in as a wild card, and i'm not worried about them anyway. The only team that scares me a little are the Nationals. The Nationals pitching shut us Down early in the year, and although the Reds hitting is much improved, not a lot of teams have had success with them.

This.

cooperlamar
08-28-2012, 10:20 PM
By the way, if the Reds get the 1 or 2 seed, they'd play between 1-3 home games between Oct 9-12. If they're the 3 or 4 seed, then they'd play 2 home games Oct 6-8.

Ironman92
09-24-2012, 11:28 PM
ttt

goreds2
09-24-2012, 11:53 PM
Bring them on. Would be sweet to defeat them in the playoffs. It would be even sweeter to knock them out the last 3 games of the regular season. They still would have to get by the Braves who no one pays attention to. You better.