PDA

View Full Version : Reds-DBacks series 8/27

Kc61
08-26-2012, 09:12 PM
Reds play three at Arizona, which is in third place in the NL West 7.5 games behind the Giants. DBacks just lost three straight to the Padres. DBacks' pitching rotation in flux due to recent trade. Appears will be Skaggs (1-0) v. Arroyo, Miley (14-8) v. Cueto, Corbin (5-5) against Latos. Assuming no changes, Reds to face three lefty starters.

Reds 6 up over Cards, 8 up over Bucs. Reds and DBacks split earlier four games in Cincy. As of tonight, Reds third in NL in OPS and ERA. DBacks are fifth in NL in OPS, tenth in ERA. Reds to get much needed off day after this series.

Cards will play at Pittsburgh three games. Teams have split 12 games so far. Lohse v. Burnett, Westbrook v. McDonald, Kelly v. Rodgriguez scheduled. Pirates really needing some wins after dropping two of three at home to Brewers.

oneupper
08-26-2012, 09:32 PM
Bucs for the sweep. Preferably in three 20 inning games.

As for the D-backs, with three lefty starters, I guess it's Ok to get Stubbs off the bench for this series.

redsfandan
08-27-2012, 06:54 AM
Assuming no changes, Reds to face three lefty starters.
I can't find the Reds record vs lefties. Anyone got it?

oneupper
08-27-2012, 07:09 AM
I can't find the Reds record vs lefties. Anyone got it?

25-15 according to Espn.

http://espn.go.com/mlb/standings/_/type/vs-division

I do recall that they swept Colorado in Denver when they put three lefties out there.

Kc61
08-27-2012, 07:21 AM
Reds and DBacks 1,2 in NL home runs in month of August.

redsfandan
08-27-2012, 07:58 AM
25-15 according to Espn.

http://espn.go.com/mlb/standings/_/type/vs-division

I do recall that they swept Colorado in Denver when they put three lefties out there.

Thanks. :)

Nasty_Boy
08-27-2012, 10:29 AM
With the Reds current roster makeup, facing three straight lefties is a great thing... Guys like Frazier, Ludwick, Stubbs, Phillips feast on LHP. Arizona has been swinging the bat well, and Cincy pitching has been a little inconsistent of late. I could see a high scoring series, but the Reds pen and starting pitching will hopefully be too much.

traderumor
08-27-2012, 10:55 AM
Pads swept them, hopefully they are reeling as I imagine the Saunders trade sent a surrender signal psychologically. Might be good timing for us. The Padres starting to look like a sexy pick for 2013. The bandwagon will be filling up this offseason, especially if they make a few good trades/signings.

Glad we don't face Miley in the opener, glad that Cueto gets the chance to outduel there.