PDA

View Full Version : time for stubbs to GO...

rolenmvp
08-28-2012, 11:34 PM
I don't know about you as fans but watching stubbs I have had enough. the guy is not producing in the # 2 hole and He is killing us stats wise.

CALIREDSFAN72
08-29-2012, 12:01 AM
I completely agree offensively...but he's covers more ground in CF than anyone else and he steals a lot of bases...I just wish Dusty would drop him down to the 8 spot until he learns how to make consistent contact....I'd like to see Votto in the 2 hole when he comes back with Phillips and Ludwick hitting 3-4...but thats just me...

PumpFak3First
08-29-2012, 12:12 AM
I don't know about you as fans but watching stubbs I have had enough. the guy is not producing in the # 2 hole and He is killing us stats wise.

Stubbs does not have to go. You're not thinking clearly. Stubbs is our CF. He's the best option in CF. He provides very very good defense. The problem that needs to be addressed is a slot at the top of the order. Stubbs doesn't need to GO he just needs to be put in the lineup where he belongs when we have that piece at the top. Right now we don't so ride the wave and have fun. If Stubbs gets hot in the playoffs no one is going to beat us. These are facts.

chuck6660
08-29-2012, 12:19 AM
If I were the Reds manager i would go with the following line-up:

Phillips 2B
Cozart SS
Votto 1B
Ludwick LF
Bruce RF
Frazier 3B
Heisey/Stubbs CF
Hanigan C

I would play Rolen at least 3 games a week, Stubbs would be a defensive replacement, pinch runner and get 2-3 starts a week until Heisey proves himself as the man in CF. At least once a week I would play Frazier at 1B to rest Votto.

BluegrassRedleg
08-29-2012, 12:22 AM
Stubbs does not have to go. You're not thinking clearly. Stubbs is our CF. He's the best option in CF. He provides very very good defense. The problem that needs to be addressed is a slot at the top of the order. Stubbs doesn't need to GO he just needs to be put in the lineup where he belongs when we have that piece at the top. Right now we don't so ride the wave and have fun. If Stubbs gets hot in the playoffs no one is going to beat us. These are facts.

His CF defense is pretty solid, but not spectacular enough to merit giving up 4-5 ABs a night, let alone 4-5 ABs at the top of the order. He doesn't do anything that Chris Heisey (or Jay Bruce, for that matter) couldn't do 95% of the time defensively.

Stray
08-29-2012, 12:25 AM
Kinda beating a dead horse but I know he's super frustrating. Dusty has already tossed around ideas for when Votto gets back. Phillips will be at the top of the order and Bruce will get some games in CF. Things are gonna get better...