PDA

View Full Version : Juan Pierre Clears Waivers

Krawhitham
08-31-2012, 01:38 PM
http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2012/08/juan-pierre-clears-waivers.html

Phillies outfielder Juan Pierre has cleared waivers, Jon Paul Morosi of FOX Sports reports (on Twitter). If the Phillies trade Pierre before midnight, he'll be eligible to play in the postseason.

http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2012/08/juan-pierre-clears-waivers.html

19braves77
08-31-2012, 01:44 PM
I hope the Braves get him honestly.

We could let Bourn leave and have Pierre for a year.

For any team, I wonder what the asking price is.....

RedsBrick
08-31-2012, 02:12 PM
Would love to have this guy at the top of the order, but not sure how the OF would be configured especially if Bruce is staying in right.

He's a pesky out and base runner. 367 plate appearances and only 20 Ks.

OGB
08-31-2012, 02:28 PM
I'd love to improve this bench for the postseason. I kinda wish they had gotten Overbay earlier. I've lost all patience with Cairo and Valdez doesn't do a whole lot for me. Pierre is clearly an upgrade over either.

Z-Fly
08-31-2012, 02:31 PM
If he cleared waivers, doesn't that already mean that the Reds and everyone else didn't want him?

Red Buckeye
08-31-2012, 02:54 PM
MAKE IT HAPPEN WALT! Maybe the boat didn't pass us yet! He'd be the perfect lead off hitter and then we could keep K Stubbs on the bench. Stubbs could easily become one of the elite benchwarmers in the league! Seriously though, Stubbs would be a great pinch fielder and pinch runner.

Or they could just trade him straight up for Juan.

arkimadee
08-31-2012, 03:10 PM
MAKE IT HAPPEN WALT! Maybe the boat didn't pass us yet! He'd be the perfect lead off hitter and then we could keep K Stubbs on the bench. Stubbs could easily become one of the elite benchwarmers in the league! Seriously though, Stubbs would be a great pinch fielder and pinch runner.

Or they could just trade him straight up for Juan.

Defense Defense Defense. You saw what kind of arm he had in the Reds series. Stubbs does not get enough credit for his outstanding defense.

Trajinous
08-31-2012, 03:17 PM
Defense Defense Defense. You saw what kind of arm he had in the Reds series. Stubbs does not get enough credit for his outstanding defense.

It's good defense, not outstanding. He's not quite Janish of the outfield that many think around here.

jback76
08-31-2012, 03:55 PM
Not interested personally. Besides it would mess with the Reds team chemistry.

Red Buckeye
08-31-2012, 04:01 PM

I would take's Juans offense over K Stubbs defense anyday.

MrRedLegger
08-31-2012, 04:09 PM
Not interested personally. Besides it would mess with the Reds team chemistry.

I agree. I think that at this point by changing personnel it affects much more than you think.

Old NDN
08-31-2012, 04:20 PM
I'm sure Stubbs' teammates are pulling for him but, bottom line is, this is a business whose success depends on winning. If there's somebody out there that is available and gives them a better shot of winning games, I believe the players woluld be all in. Their livliehoods depend on it.

texasdave
08-31-2012, 04:27 PM
It's good defense, not outstanding. He's not quite Janish of the outfield that many think around here.

Quoted for truth.

webbbj
08-31-2012, 05:01 PM
id bring him he would be a definite upgrade over valdez and cairo.

Maybe his defense is weak, that doesnt necessarily mean the guy is playing evryday. He is can spot start, PH.

What ever his role would be it provides more than the bottom of the bench.

fielder's choice
08-31-2012, 05:32 PM
It's absolutely amazing to me that any Reds fan wouldn't want this guy at the top of the order.

Red Buckeye
08-31-2012, 05:42 PM
It's absolutely amazing to me that any Reds fan wouldn't want this guy at the top of the order.

Agreed. But c'mon, that elite Stubbs D is awesome!:lol:

Ironman92
08-31-2012, 05:48 PM

It just is not outstanding. It's just not.

Ironman92
08-31-2012, 05:49 PM
Yeah....Pierre is pretty much Milton Bradley

Trajinous
08-31-2012, 05:50 PM

He's not that great. He's also been bad in August.

.246 avg, .306 obp, no power (1 HR in the year) all at the age of 35. I don't see any substantial upgrade over Stubbs at the cost of a prospect. Stubb's power could turn a game around and a streak of his could carry us in a playoff situation.

RedsBrick
08-31-2012, 06:27 PM
He's not that great. He's also been bad in August.

.246 avg, .306 obp, no power (1 HR in the year) all at the age of 35. I don't see any substantial upgrade over Stubbs at the cost of a prospect. Stubb's power could turn a game around and a streak of his could carry us in a playoff situation.

This isn't intended to be a Stubbs v. Pierre discussion, but Pierre is batting 80 points higher, 50 points higher on OPS, has 117 fewer Ks, and more stolen bases. Stubbs does have more HRs and RBIs.

This team just needs someone to get on at the top and be disruptive and I believe Pierre has the edge in that department over Stubbs.

Having said that, I don't think it will happen, but if it was a straight up trade I'd do it.

19braves77
08-31-2012, 07:10 PM
Pierre runs like a banshee on every play.

Tuff Nut
08-31-2012, 07:48 PM
WORD.........:beerme:

AintlifeGrande
08-31-2012, 10:50 PM
We go deep in the playoffs we're going to wish we had a guy like Pierre at the top of the order.

mu4103
08-31-2012, 10:58 PM

I like the Reds, but my first team is the Dodgers. (Sorry Reds are real close). I know he has had a good year, but trust me he is horrible. His arm is one of the weakest I have ever seen and he can't hit. I know he is having a good year, but I think he would be horrible.

Z-Fly
08-31-2012, 11:11 PM
Like I said earlier, if the Reds wanted him they would have claimed him. That way they would have had exclusive trade rights.

/thread

jwmann2
09-01-2012, 07:09 PM
I'd love to improve this bench for the postseason. I kinda wish they had gotten Overbay earlier. I've lost all patience with Cairo and Valdez doesn't do a whole lot for me. Pierre is clearly an upgrade over either.

You're kidding, right? Cairo has been our savior splitting time at first and third with Votto out. Valdez is capable of playing up the middle of the infield at both positions too. Pierre wouldn't give this team the veteran leadership that you would expect.