PDA

View Full Version : Houston Astros named Kevin Goldstein pro scouting coordinator

dougdirt
08-31-2012, 07:10 PM
Just thought that was very interesting to note that the Astros hired now former Baseball Prospectus minor league guru.

Eric the Red
08-31-2012, 09:17 PM
I've read and heard Kevin say in the past that he has had job offers in the past. I wonder what made the Houston offer more enticing?
He's one of my favorite twitter follows, so I'll miss his entertainment on that platform.

dougdirt
08-31-2012, 09:18 PM
I've read and heard Kevin say in the past that he has had job offers in the past. I wonder what made the Houston offer more enticing?
He's one of my favorite twitter follows, so I'll miss his entertainment on that platform.

Maybe he had never had the offer for this particular job in the past? I don't know, but I am looking forward to seeing who BPro goes after as the next prospect guru, or if they will just 'promote' Jason Parks to that role and not replace his current role.

RedsManRick
08-31-2012, 09:24 PM
Houston is aiming to be the next Epsteinesque Red Sox. That's a huge market, they've got astute ownership and they're starting from scratch. I can see the attraction.

NeilHamburger
09-01-2012, 09:31 AM
I wish it was going to happen about 2 years later, but I'm glad the Astros will be out of the Reds division. It may take 3+ years, but in that market once they get good they will probably stay good for a long time.

_Sir_Charles_
09-01-2012, 07:45 PM
I agree. They're making the right moves all year long it seems to me. And in Houston, if the team is good, they'll support the heck out of it. But if they're mediocre or bad, it's a graveyard in there.

TOBTTReds
09-01-2012, 11:52 PM
Just thought that was very interesting to note that the Astros hired now former Baseball Prospectus minor league guru.

Although happy for KG, totally bummed that we lose his freedom on twitter, and especially the podcast. I hope Jason is the replacement, although I really like him, he may have to become a bit more serious for that role (IE, fewer Martin Kove references).

dougdirt
09-01-2012, 11:54 PM
Although happy for KG, totally bummed that we lose his freedom on twitter, and especially the podcast. I hope Jason is the replacement, although I really like him, he may have to become a bit more serious for that role (IE, fewer Martin Kove references).

The more Kove, the better. I think that JP will probably take over for KG, but what I am interested in seeing is who takes over Parks old gig. Maybe I should send them my resume. Kidding.

TOBTTReds
09-02-2012, 03:37 PM
Maybe I should send them my resume. Kidding.

Why not?

dougdirt
09-02-2012, 03:40 PM
Why not?

I am underqualified.

TOBTTReds
09-02-2012, 04:31 PM
I am underqualified.

I'm not saying to replace Jason, but the site seems right up your alley and vice versa.