PDA

View Full Version : Why can't they beat the Phillies?

Kingspoint
09-05-2012, 01:25 PM
They've overcome their inabilities to beat the Cardinals in important games, and pretty much every other streak/obstacle that's been keeping them from becoming an elite team. But, they aren't even close in these games to the Phillies. It's like it's over before the first pitch is thrown. It's pretty obvious that they are psyched out and the Phillies have their number. Good thing everyone else has little problem beating the Phillies, or the road to the World Series would stop in Philadelphia.

Who Dey Time
09-05-2012, 02:21 PM
They've overcome their inabilities to beat the Cardinals in important games, and pretty much every other streak/obstacle that's been keeping them from becoming an elite team. But, they aren't even close in these games to the Phillies. It's like it's over before the first pitch is thrown. It's pretty obvious that they are psyched out and the Phillies have their number. Good thing everyone else has little problem beating the Phillies, or the road to the World Series would stop in Philadelphia.

Luckily, this question is irrelevant until 2013.

webbbj
09-05-2012, 02:33 PM
they just beat them last night

Jdattilo
09-05-2012, 03:22 PM
Reds are 3-4 in the season series against a healthy team that just clobbered the Nats and Braves. Not a disaster, by any means.

jback76
09-05-2012, 03:55 PM
I don't think it's the Phillies as much as it's just not getting big hits lately. Heck it could be the Astros right now shutting the Reds bats down. Feels like Ludwick and Frazier are starting to slump now.

Maker_84
09-05-2012, 03:55 PM
We caught the phillies at the wrong time. They are healthy now and if they weren't so many games out my money would be on them to win the world series. They have so much talent on that team

Biff Pocoroba
09-05-2012, 04:03 PM
Five of the seven games pretty much went down to the wire - so the blanket statement that we looked dead before the first pitch is wrong.

And if Leake manages one decent game, we probably win the season series 4-3.

HometownHero
09-05-2012, 04:55 PM
I don't think it's the Phillies as much as it's just not getting big hits lately. Heck it could be the Astros right now shutting the Reds bats down. Feels like Ludwick and Frazier are starting to slump now.

Todd is no doubt slumping, Ludwick was still hitting .300 over the last week until today but the issues is those two aren't hitting HR's and XBH like they did when they carried the team.

jback76
09-05-2012, 05:37 PM
Todd is no doubt slumping, Ludwick was still hitting .300 over the last week until today but the issues is those two aren't hitting HR's and XBH like they did when they carried the team.

True, I guess that's what I meant with Ludwick. Seems he's keeping the average up but not hitting homers or driving in runs.

HometownHero
09-05-2012, 05:43 PM
True, I guess that's what I meant with Ludwick. Seems he's keeping the average up but not hitting homers or driving in runs.

Ludwick is due to pickup some HR again soon and has been snake bitten on RBI's for sure he's had 3 hits with RISP this week or so that saw the runner hold a third on balls to the OF.

Maker_84
09-05-2012, 06:26 PM

let's just hope that Ludwick, Frazier, Phillips are getting their bad hitting out of them now for the next week or so, so they aren't cold in the playoffs or it's 1 round and gone again

EMAW
09-05-2012, 06:35 PM
3 of 7 and most were close, no sweat not playing them anymore until 2013

redsfanhere
09-05-2012, 08:09 PM
its all about experience and hopefully these games gets them ready for the playoffs