PDA

View Full Version : Chapman.....

Ironman92
09-07-2012, 10:20 PM
You concerned?

Is he gassed? Pitched too much? Not enough? Complacent? Nothing?

Not sure myself....but come playoff time he has to be Aroldis.

LeDoux
09-07-2012, 10:30 PM
DFA

Maker_84
09-07-2012, 10:32 PM
i posted this in the gamethread- I would DL him for a little while then bring him back for the last week of the season

Ironman92
09-07-2012, 10:33 PM
DFA

Don't be a butt...he's been a little off. If you think "nothing" of it....great, type it.

Ironman92
09-07-2012, 10:34 PM
i posted this in the gamethread- I would DL him for a little while then bring him back for the last week of the season

If he said he felt tired or a little off I'd agree.....not sure he's not a little complacent. No one ever hits you....after 6 weeks you may lose a little drive/focus....I hope that's part of it.

LeDoux
09-07-2012, 10:39 PM
Don't be a butt...he's been a little off. If you think "nothing" of it....great, type it.

I don't know what the deal is. I would guess with the streak gone he will be rested more. Only time will tell.

LeDoux
09-07-2012, 10:42 PM
Also, the Reds FO needs to let Chapman roll off the mound when needed. It is how he realigns his chi.

R_Webb18
09-07-2012, 10:43 PM
why would you dl someone with expanded rosters?

jback76
09-07-2012, 10:48 PM
I think it's lack of use. I think Chapman is at his best when he's pitching 2 or 3 days in a row. He hasn't been pitching much at all lately.

Mutaman
09-07-2012, 10:49 PM
Its been a long season. He's not a machine. Even Mariano blew one once in awhile.

EMAW
09-07-2012, 10:52 PM
Lead is still comfortable but this thing is by no means over. Cards are not quitting and the Reds know that. Hope this thing gets clinched before that season ending six game trip.

Ironman92
09-07-2012, 11:00 PM
Hadn't pitched since the 4th

mroby85
09-07-2012, 11:24 PM
His velocity/k's have been down his last several outings. That being said, it's still higher than most. His last save opportunity against Philadelphia the guy looked like he got it pretty square but it fell short of the fence. Tonight there were a couple of cheap hits before the HR. I wouldn't worry too much about it, he had a similar stretch at a point in the middle of the season, frustrating loss tonight though.

CaliBuck
09-08-2012, 01:22 AM
Don't think people are worried about blowing a save, it's how he's blowing the save with the significant drop in velocity. THat's what people are concerned about.

Spider Tre
09-08-2012, 03:09 AM
I think it's lack of use. I think Chapman is at his best when he's pitching 2 or 3 days in a row. He hasn't been pitching much at all lately.

i remember when people thought the problem of his struggles in the past was pitching in consecutive days lol

but yeah, as Mark Sheldon pointed out, he hasn't pitched since the 4th, and before that, September 2nd and August 28th.

Calten
09-08-2012, 07:22 AM
I don't have any facts to back this up, but I REALLY think this kid is a head case. Don't get me wrong. I love watching him pitch, and his ceiling is crazy high, but I don't know how high his maturity level is.

He's had a couple of odd run ins with the law, from time to time he drops his velocity for some reason. It just seems a little odd to me.

No clue what it is, but I think it's mental more than physical.

webbbj
09-08-2012, 08:07 AM
guy has one bad outing and the sky is falling.

Hillsdale87
09-08-2012, 08:38 AM
guy has one bad outing and the sky is falling.

Who does he think he is?!?! Blowing his first save since June... I'm tired of Chapman. Can't count on him for the playoffs :lol:

Stray
09-08-2012, 10:26 AM
Head case is a term thrown around way too often around here lol. Like I said in the game thread, I don't care about the blown save at all. His lack of velocity is the only thing that worries me. Could be fatigue, could have just been a night when he didn't have it...I have no idea.

I just hope it's no big deal. If he needs to rest for a little while at least we have Broxton who can fill in.

Carin4Narron
09-08-2012, 12:18 PM
Its been a long season. He's not a machine. Even Mariano blew one once in awhile. Exactly! He was due for a blown save. Chill people! It's still 8 and a half. The magic number went down as well.

The Rage
09-08-2012, 02:32 PM
The Cozart situation, Bailey in general, Leake getting rocked, Reds are listing a bit. Even JC hasn't been quite as good lately.

They needed a win in the worst way and what happened hurt badly. The offense needs to step up and win these last 2 before this turns into a problem.

Calten
09-08-2012, 02:44 PM
I'm not really concerned about the blown save either. I agree, it had to happen, I'm talking more about how he carries himself. I don't know if it's him being cocky about getting hitters out, or he sometimes just wants to remind people that he's needed or something.

It's just kind of odd to see his velocity drop like that. That's all I'm saying. Think about if Cueto had a drop of 5 to 10 MPH on his velocity. Now he is topping out at 84 to 87 with his fastball.

Just odd. Something to keep watching I guess. *shrug*