PDA

View Full Version : Brewers?

Brutus
09-08-2012, 10:31 PM
Milwaukee has a daunting task ahead of them (Atlanta next week, followed by a road trip to Cincinnati, Pittsburgh and Washington after a 3-game stint with the Mets). They finish with the Astros and much-improved Padres.

That said, if they hold on in the 9th against St. Louis and can finish the sweep tomorrow, they'll be just four games behind St. Louis for the last wild card. With the Pirates collapsing and the Dodgers losing guys left and right, I wonder if the Brewers won't make things interesting this final month. The schedule is brutal, but sometimes these games can be taken for granted.

Vottomatic
09-08-2012, 10:33 PM
Yeah, the Brewers are impressive lately. Now up 6-3 in the top of the 9th. Has to be frustrating for the Cards.

Kc61
09-08-2012, 10:36 PM
Of qualified guys (excluding Votto, that is) Braun has the highest OPS in the league at .993 and has 38 homers, 100 RBI coming into tonight's game. PED jokes aside, for my money he is the best RH hitter in the league.

Brutus
09-08-2012, 10:38 PM
Of qualified guys (excluding Votto, that is) Braun has the highest OPS in the league at .993 and has 38 homers, 100 RBI coming into tonight's game. PED jokes aside, for my money he is the best RH hitter in the league.

Yeah I would agree with that and not even give it a second thought.

Don't think he has a prayer of a chance at the MVP though. Even if the Brewers get in the W.C. discussion these next three weeks, the PED situation will give voters a reason to not vote for him.

Vottomatic
09-08-2012, 10:42 PM
1 out. 2 more outs and magic number at 14.

WVRedsFan
09-08-2012, 10:42 PM
MVP is out of the question. His reputation is tainted, but I'm looking around and can't find a really good candidate for NL MVP. Anyone else?

Kc61
09-08-2012, 10:44 PM
MVP is out of the question. His reputation is tainted, but I'm looking around and can't find a really good candidate for NL MVP. Anyone else?

If Chapman gets hot again he would deserve it IMO, but won't get it. Just has some amazing numbers, saves leader in NL (when last I looked), relievers occasionally win the MVP.

Probably McCutchen by default.

Vottomatic
09-08-2012, 10:46 PM
A walk and then a fly out by Holliday. 2 outs for the Cards. 1 more to go.

WVRedsFan
09-08-2012, 10:47 PM
If Chapman gets hot again he would deserve it IMO, but won't get it.

Probably McCutchen by default.

I'd say Cutch is a long shot. As the team went into free fall so did he. Average has dropped from .369 to .341 in two weeks.

Kc61
09-08-2012, 10:49 PM
I'd say Cutch is a long shot. As the team went into free fall so did he. Average has dropped from .369 to .341 in two weeks.

Posey. Look at the numbers. If SF makes playoffs, it's Buster.