PDA

View Full Version : I got a hit off a former Red

redsfanmia
09-10-2012, 08:01 PM
I play in an adult baseball league and played in a Labor Day tournament and a team from Ft Wayne Indiana had former Red Mike Roesler pitching for them. He hung a curveball and I smacked it to left for a solid single. I was pretty proud of myself, that is all.

Revering4Blue
09-10-2012, 08:14 PM
Nice job!

Mike Roesler--that's a name I'd competely forgotten about. I'd also forgotten that he is a Fort Wayne native, just as I am.

Boston Red
09-10-2012, 10:06 PM
Now you know why he's a former Red! :)

top6
09-10-2012, 10:11 PM
That's awesome, man.

But shouldn't this be in the baseball forum? Not the non-baseball sports forum???

J/k man, if I had done this I would be posting it in every forum, regardless of whether it was a sports forum or not.

UKFlounder
09-11-2012, 01:37 PM
Only a single? :D

Pretty darn cool.

westofyou
09-11-2012, 02:25 PM
Sweet stuff, I'm proud of you too

marcshoe
09-11-2012, 02:34 PM
Good job. I was expecting it to be Bernie Stowe.
:)

redsfanmia
09-11-2012, 03:45 PM
I am heading out to Arizona to play in the Mens adult league world series, Cory Lidle's brother Kevin is on our team. I am not that good but am versatile and very solid defensively.

texasdave
09-11-2012, 03:58 PM
I am heading out to Arizona to play in the Mens adult league world series, Cory Lidle's brother Kevin is on our team. I am not that good but am versatile and very solid defensively.

Are you, by any chance, Wilson Valdez? :)

Just kidding. Best of luck in 'Zona.

camisadelgolf
09-11-2012, 04:15 PM
Big deal. I got a hit off of Tom Kramer (http://www.baseball-reference.com/players/k/krameto01.shtml) in softball earlier this year. ;)

George Anderson
09-11-2012, 04:42 PM

How is the umpiring??

I used to detest working that stuff.

24 managers on the field and they could act as bad as they wanted with no repercussions.

redsfanmia
09-11-2012, 05:25 PM
How is the umpiring??

I used to detest working that stuff.

24 managers on the field and they could act as bad as they wanted with no repercussions.

The Umpiring is pretty good actually, most of the guys pay attention and there is very little arguing, when I "coached" a team I always controlled it. I have actually never got into it with an umpire, as long as they are trying and not really arrogant then I am good with it.

camisadelgolf
09-11-2012, 05:44 PM
My experience with umpires over the years leads me to thinking it's not such a bad ump if I say, "Well, he blew a few calls, but otherwise I have no complaints." Umpiring is very difficult, and people should cut many of them more slack than they do.

Mario-Rijo
09-13-2012, 09:21 AM

'Zona? Got a co-worker here in Springfield, Ohio who plays all the time. He plays in a WS in Florida in November. This guy knows everybody I swear, he's the "Mayor" of that sport. He's played with or against a who's who of MLB, Dave Parker, Eddie Milner, Bret Saberhagen, Dante Bichette etc. He was extremely impressed with Saberhagen (and Bichette) and he said Bret didn't even pitch for his team, played SS, 3B etc.

RANDY IN INDY
09-17-2012, 02:38 PM
Got a solid single to left off Jack Billingham in fantasy camp a few years back! An aging Jack Billingham, to be fair! Then again, I was 40 at the time!

thatcoolguy_22
09-18-2012, 08:42 AM
A soccer team I played for a while ago had a couple ex DC United guys. Born were defenders and I'm a striker. Anytime we were faced up I almost always tried to take one. Worked a few times and megged each of them multiple times. of course that was over a full season of practices... still it feelsgoodman.

Congrats on the base knock

redsfanmia
10-21-2012, 01:39 PM
Just got back from Phoenix, our team struggled but it was a great experience. Played against a few Major Leaguers including former Reds farm hand Adam Hyzdu and I got an at bat against the guy who hit Greenberg in the head (I didn't catch his name just heard everyone talking about it).

I also met a few guys who played on the Canadian National team with Votto, said he was a really intense serious guy who knew he was going to be a star from a young age.

Great week and a wonderful experience.