PDA

View Full Version : Phillip's tweet after game

BPhil4
09-11-2012, 01:51 AM
#RealTalk... Not really surprised by what I heard come outta another player's mouth tonite but DAMN... Still PISSED bout that $h+!! #Racism

That's very interesting...

jfleur87
09-11-2012, 09:36 AM
In what way....?

Bob Sheed
09-11-2012, 09:45 AM
In what way....?

In a "I wonder what remark was made" kind of way...

(thought that much was obvious)

Old NDN
09-11-2012, 09:52 AM
Pot, meet kettle (no pun intended). Phillips' comments to Jim Day during past FSN interviews certainly have been racist, sexist in nature, albeit in a kidding way. Phillips' mouth continues to be a problem, creating controversy and causing a stir, imo. If I were one of his teammates, I would have tired of his act a long time ago. Just shut up and play the game!

bounty37h
09-11-2012, 10:31 AM
I dont see him being a problem in any way. I assume it happened when he got hit by the pitch, said pitcher was talking ish.

arkimadee
09-11-2012, 10:31 AM
Pot, meet kettle (no pun intended). Phillips' comments to Jim Day during past FSN interviews certainly have been racist, sexist in nature, albeit in a kidding way. Phillips' mouth continues to be a problem, creating controversy and causing a stir, imo. If I were one of his teammates, I would have tired of his act a long time ago. Just shut up and play the damn game!

What are you talking about?? I support Brandon 100 percent and he had every right to say what he said after the game. Twitter is not the best place sometimes but that's the world we live in. I still have never seen a post game interview of Brandon being racist so I'm not sure what you are talking about.

dubc47834
09-11-2012, 10:53 AM
Pot, meet kettle (no pun intended). Phillips' comments to Jim Day during past FSN interviews certainly have been racist, sexist in nature, albeit in a kidding way. Phillips' mouth continues to be a problem, creating controversy and causing a stir, imo. If I were one of his teammates, I would have tired of his act a long time ago. Just shut up and play the game!

And unless you were Joey Votto or Scott Rolen, you would probly be told to be quiet. Nothing, and I mean nothing that I have ever heard Brandon say has ever been remotely racist. With all that he does for fans, regardless of skin color, I find it funny that someone says Brandon has made racist comments in the past. People are being over sensitive about the race issue. As Mike Ditka would say.....JUST STOP IT!!!!

jback76
09-11-2012, 11:19 AM
And unless you were Joey Votto or Scott Rolen, you would probly be told to be quiet. Nothing, and I mean nothing that I have ever heard Brandon say has ever been remotely racist. With all that he does for fans, regardless of skin color, I find it funny that someone says Brandon has made racist comments in the past. People are being over sensitive about the race issue. As Mike Ditka would say.....JUST STOP IT!!!!

Totally agree, people are way to sensitive. Just move on.

Krawhitham
09-11-2012, 11:28 AM

Jim day just does not like chocolate according to BP

Trajinous
09-11-2012, 11:55 AM

You should go to Walgreens to get some lotion for your sensaitive skin there...

DocRed
09-11-2012, 12:30 PM
Understand BP being mad but the race card really? Wasn't Hughes protecting his player McCutcheon? I doubt McCutcheon thinks its racism....

dubc47834
09-11-2012, 12:52 PM
Understand BP being mad but the race card really? Wasn't Hughes protecting his player McCutcheon? I doubt McCutcheon thinks its racism....

From my understanding, he's not throwing the "racist" word out there because he got hit, it because of what someone said to him afterwards. I don't know what was said, but obviously it set Phillips off. Should be a fun game to watch tonite!!!

justincredible
09-11-2012, 12:57 PM

#RealTalk... Not really surprised by what I heard come outta another player's mouth tonite but DAMN... Still PISSED bout that $h+!! #Racism

Someone said something. Pretty easy to understand he isn't crying racism because he got plunked.

KYRedLeg
09-11-2012, 01:16 PM
I was listening to WLW on the way to work this morning. Word "through the grapevine" was that somebody called BP....you know....that word. I didn't see the plunk, but apparently the umps rushed in pretty quick? They apparently heard it, and wanted to keep things from escalating.

I watched the game, but I was drifting in and out of sleep by then.

smixsell
09-11-2012, 01:17 PM
Someone said something. Pretty easy to understand he isn't crying racism because he got plunked.

Yes. Pretty obvious. Someone on the the Pirates is obviously a total tool.

I don't blame BP at all for tweeting about it either.

Daylight is the best defense against the cockroaches of the world, it tends to help them get stepped on or at least makes them run and hide.

Stray
09-11-2012, 01:37 PM
Some ridiculous posts in here.

Phillips wouldn't have tweeted that unless someone said something racist to him. There's no place for that in baseball, or anywhere else for that matter.

BPhil4
09-11-2012, 02:34 PM
I don't think umps heard it. Had they, I can't imagine they'd have let the player stay in the game.

mroby85
09-11-2012, 03:01 PM
You could tell Phillips still had a look on his face like he was angry/upset even later in the game, he's usually happy and he had a really serious look. It was obvious the guy was being a tool when he threw over to first and phillips was still standing on the bag. I don't understand the hatred for Phillips in this thread at all, I can see where he would be frustrating every now and then but he's never been malicious at all, and he's the nicest player i've ever met off the field, he was over the top friendly with fans, even more so than a typical stranger who no one knows.

dubc47834
09-11-2012, 03:15 PM
You could tell Phillips still had a look on his face like he was angry/upset even later in the game, he's usually happy and he had a really serious look. It was obvious the guy was being a tool when he threw over to first and phillips was still standing on the bag. I don't understand the hatred for Phillips in this thread at all, I can see where he would be frustrating every now and then but he's never been malicious at all, and he's the nicest player i've ever met off the field, he was over the top friendly with fans, even more so than a typical stranger who no one knows.

Most that are showing any negative toward Brandon are just being over-sensitive DB's. They were probly picked on as a kid so they grew up sensitive!!!!

MrRedLegger
09-11-2012, 03:24 PM
BP had every right to react the way he did. The fact that racism is still prevalent, especially in sports, is something to be ashamed of. However, I feel that Brandon is going "teenage girl" by tweeting about it despite his frequent usage of it. Leave it on the field and deal with it on the field, and if you can't, be the bigger man, approach the one who said it, and talk to him about it. Could easily escalate into the classic case of "when keeping it real goes wrong"

bounty37h
09-11-2012, 03:53 PM

So you know what was said I take it, I haven't heard, only that something was said to him. Please share if you know the details!

Stray
09-11-2012, 04:14 PM
According to a Pirates beat writer Phillips and Hughes talked on the phone with McCutchen being the middle man who set it up. Both sides are willing to put it behind them.

What was actually said we'll probably never know.

texasdave
09-11-2012, 04:31 PM
“It was just a big misunderstanding. When you say certain things in the heat of the moment, you really don’t mean it. You forgive people. He forgave me. I forgive him. It’s the baseball family. I love him as a brother.”

If that doesn't bring a tear to your eye.

http://cincinnati.com/blogs/reds/

NebraskaRed
09-11-2012, 04:42 PM
Personally, I'm glad it was resolved. BP (or anyone else on the team) doesn't need to get bogged down in this back-and-forth stuff with the Pirates. They aren't a threat to the Reds, and I personally don't think they'll make the playoffs. Let's just at least take this series and the next from them, and roll on.

Krawhitham
09-11-2012, 05:13 PM
I don't think umps heard it. Had they, I can't imagine they'd have let the player stay in the game.

really?

I want to live in your world

mroby85
09-11-2012, 07:10 PM
really?

I want to live in your world

Why is that such an unreasonable thought to have? Haven't you heard them talk about players getting tossed for using the "magic word"? I can't think of a worse word to use.

dubc47834
09-11-2012, 07:24 PM
Why is that such an unreasonable thought to have? Haven't you heard them talk about players getting tossed for using the "magic word"? I can't think of a worse word to use.

That's how he feels good about himself...he feels the need to belittle others!!!