PDA

View Full Version : What's wrong with Aroldis?

RedsRock
09-11-2012, 09:21 AM
Reds say they are concerned about the velocity dip (94 was the average last night). Possible shoulder fatigue.

The beauty of a 9.5 game lead is the ability to give him a week or even two to rest and recover, especially with Broxton throwing much better.

Got to have him and Cueto both at their peak to have a chance in the post season.

LexRedsFan
09-11-2012, 10:27 AM
This is almost an elephant in the room I think.

Definitely need to give him at least 4-5 days off, IMO. What can it hurt? The magic number is down to 12.

arkimadee
09-11-2012, 10:37 AM
I'm not buying shoulder fatigue. He hadnt pitched since Friday night. Like Cowboy said on the radio last night I think it's mechanical and mental

dubc47834
09-11-2012, 10:47 AM
He has thrown too many innings this year....move him to the bullpen....oh yeah he is the closer. Make him a starter, that should solve the problem. That's just my guesstimate on what The Rage would recommend. I say give him some time off, at least a week, it can't hurt.

MrRedLegger
09-11-2012, 11:15 AM
He was wincing quite a bit while he pitched. I hope its a mechanics issue but it could also be that something is bothering him physically. I remember a sports science bit on him and basically everything mechanically related to his throw is inhuman. Puts a lot of stress on a human body.

Krawhitham
09-11-2012, 11:26 AM
He has only pitched twice in the last 6 days, not real confident that it is fatigue

Maker_84
09-11-2012, 12:18 PM
Maybe not fatigue and maybe not mental but the dude shouldn't pitch until late September again to get whatever it is out of him because he went thru this in the middle of the season too

redsfan in nyc
09-11-2012, 01:43 PM
will the reds have him get an MRI on his shoulder or elbow?

Stray
09-11-2012, 01:48 PM
Hoping the Cowboy is right and that's it's mental/mechanics. Either way we should shut him down to rest, or shut him down so Price can get some bullpen work in with him. Broxton can handle closing for a little while.

Eric the Red
09-11-2012, 02:23 PM
If it is fatigue its the accumulative effect of the entire season. While I think Dusty has done a good job in Chapman's usage, as mentioned, his motion is so freakish it has to cause strain on the shoulder. Give him a 7-10 days off and see how he feels. We need him ready to go in October.

The Rage
09-11-2012, 03:20 PM
His mechanics have fallen apart. Now why that is........is your guess.

MrRedLegger
09-11-2012, 03:41 PM
Per ESPN:

Reds MGR Dusty Baker says closer Aroldis Chapman (35 saves) has been diagnosed with shoulder fatigue.

HometownHero
09-11-2012, 04:32 PM
The club is trending in the wrong direction but at least we have time for an uptick in time for the playoffs, hopefully.

Red Raindog
09-11-2012, 05:25 PM
Shoulder fatigue --- scares me -- because I must admit to having little faith in the Reds' medical staff when it comes to first stabs at a diagnosis

Helms1
09-11-2012, 05:49 PM
Baseball fans are the most pessimistic people I know. I can't decide exactly why, but I think it is to prepare themselves for the worst case, as we always remember the bad cases and forget the ones that came out good, so they will not only prevent disappointment but tee up happiness.

osuredleg24
09-11-2012, 05:59 PM
maybe it's fatigue which is causing the mechanical issues as well?

Trajinous
09-11-2012, 06:17 PM
Baseball fans are the most pessimistic people I know. I can't decide exactly why, but I think it is to prepare themselves for the worst case, as we always remember the bad cases and forget the ones that came out good, so they will not only prevent disappointment but tee up happiness.

The reason is easy, the years 2000 through 2009. It has jaded many Cincy fans. The Bengals also contributed to the negative outlook many Cincy fans have. After decade(s) of losing, fans are reluctant of any success and have a "waiting for it to fall apart" mentality.

Even though this team has no connection to that lost decade, fans still remember it and tend to be negative because of it.

jback76
09-11-2012, 06:22 PM
Shoulder fatigue --- scares me -- because I must admit to having little faith in the Reds' medical staff when it comes to first stabs at a diagnosis

Maybe we'll be alright, as long as a Reds Doctor doesn't go in Chapman's shoulder with a knife. Hopefully it can be fixed with a week or 2 off.

EMAW
09-11-2012, 07:08 PM
Is Broxton the closer or Marshall? Or both?