PDA

View Full Version : Dustys line up

mikemo14
09-15-2012, 04:20 PM
Valdez in two hole Stubbs back in CF again tonight after last nights offensive performance. I truly believe this team wins in spite of Baker as opposed to because of.

Ironman92
09-15-2012, 04:40 PM
It's a big OF....Stubbs will make 5 or 6 plays no one else in baseball could make.

Valdez has been great with the bat all season.

EDDTYWROL

texasdave
09-15-2012, 05:06 PM
If Stubbs truly played centerfield at a Gold Glove level it might just make sense. But he doesn't. So it doesn't.

MrRedLegger
09-15-2012, 05:22 PM
Every team Dusty has coached has had success. Maybe not a WS, but success none the less. That's a lot of winning in spite of him. To me it's kinda an invalid argument.

Let's take out our utility infielder and put in a hurt Zack Cozart. Sounds good. Harping on a weak point such as how our CF approaches the plate is vastly taking away from how this great season should really be looked at.

We have an 11 game lead in our division.

NebraskaRed
09-15-2012, 06:02 PM
Every team Dusty has coached has had success. Maybe not a WS, but success none the less. That's a lot of winning in spite of him. To me it's kinda an invalid argument.

Let's take out our utility infielder and put in a hurt Zack Cozart. Sounds good. Harping on a weak point such as how our CF approaches the plate is vastly taking away from how this great season should really be looked at.

We have an 11 game lead in our division.

I agree. It bothers me to an extent that Stubbs is being used (Valdez I'm more forgiving about, for some reason), but I also don't understand the relentless complaining about it either. If the team was struggling, or even close to not making the playoffs, then I'd understand it more.

Jdattilo
09-15-2012, 06:09 PM
You all really need to chill with this lineup stuff. Playing .600 baseball with Dusty lineups. Get a grip.

justincredible
09-15-2012, 06:37 PM
Let's take out our utility infielder and put in a hurt Zack Cozart. Sounds good.

We do have a prospect named Didi Gregorius on our bench. I hear he's pretty good at SS. He can't be worse than Valdez, why not give him some seasoning for the future?

Ironman92
09-15-2012, 06:40 PM
We do have a prospect named Didi Gregorius on our bench. I hear he's pretty good at SS. He can't be worse than Valdez, why not give him some seasoning for the future?

Young players simply cannot contribute. He just got called up...never in baseball history has a young player contributed in the postseason.

Dusty is easily the NL manager of the year. QQ

DocRed
09-15-2012, 07:56 PM
please stop...logic has no part in Duhhhsty lineups. Just have blind faith!

Who Dey Time
09-15-2012, 08:27 PM
please stop...logic has no part in Duhhhsty lineups. Just have blind faith!

What's less logical? The lineup or people continuing to piss and moan about the soon to be division champions?

Sadly, some of you will never get it.

jback76
09-15-2012, 08:53 PM
Valdez in two hole Stubbs back in CF again tonight after last nights offensive performance. I truly believe this team wins in spite of Baker as opposed to because of.

I've gotta agree with you, I really don't think it matters who our manager is this year. Dusty's nothing special, but he's not all that bad either.

DocRed
09-15-2012, 08:57 PM
What's less logical? The lineup or people continuing to piss and moan about the soon to be division champions?

Sadly, some of you will never get it.

I have faith...and I am blind...Duhhsty is our savior.

Who Dey Time
09-15-2012, 09:00 PM
I have faith...and I am blind...Duhhsty is our savior.

You definitely are that if you keep criticizing Dusty.

DocRed
09-15-2012, 09:06 PM
You definitely are that if you keep criticizing Dusty.

My 2 greatest inspirations in life are Duhhhsty Baker and Helen Keller.

mikemo14
09-15-2012, 09:17 PM
Are you guys actually watching how bad Stubbs is right now. He could not hit a single A pitcher let alone in the big leagues. He simply should have lost his job months ago.

Ironman92
09-15-2012, 09:17 PM
Are you guys actually watching how bad Stubbs is right now. He could not hit a single A pitcher let alone in the big leagues. He simply should have lost his job months ago.

He's still fast.

DocRed
09-15-2012, 09:21 PM
He's still fast.

AND he is the only player on this team that could POSSIBLY play CF for us...duh

mikemo14
09-15-2012, 09:23 PM
Who Dey. Not whining abut a division champion team that has proved itis better than the Cubs, Stros, Bucs, Cards and Brewers. Only hoping for a team that can actually win a series once they get in the playoffs. That will take all eight starters, not seven and an outfielder who has been in a season long slump, simply refuses to make any kind of adjustment to help himself, and has been outplayed by a guy sitting on the bench in every facet of the game.

Ironman92
09-15-2012, 09:27 PM
117 AB since last HR

95 AB since last double

39 strikeouts since his last double or HR

5 for his last 54

Who Dey Time
09-15-2012, 09:28 PM
Who Dey. Not whining abut a division champion team that has proved itis better than the Cubs, Stros, Bucs, Cards and Brewers. Only hoping for a team that can actually win a series once they get in the playoffs. That will take all eight starters, not seven and an outfielder who has been in a season long slump, simply refuses to make any kind of adjustment to help himself, and has been outplayed by a guy sitting on the bench in every facet of the game.

If you think that DocRed's or, for that matter, most of the Dusty bashers gripes are solely in regards to Stubbs then, frankly, you have not been paying attention.

And the Stubbs gripe is silly as it has become clear to anyone paying attention that Heisey is getting more time in CF. If Stubbs keeps this up there is zero chance he starts in October.

But that won't stop the usual suspects from holding onto their failed premise.

DocRed
09-15-2012, 09:35 PM
If you think that DocRed's or, for that matter, most of the Dusty bashers gripes are solely in regards to Stubbs then, frankly, you have not been paying attention.

And the Stubbs gripe is silly as it has become clear to anyone paying attention that Heisey is getting more time in CF. If Stubbs keeps this up there is zero chance he starts in October.

But that won't stop the usual suspects from holding onto their failed premise.

LOL...so you are saying that Stubbs still has a chance of turning it around? Oh you are a saint...

Ironman92
09-15-2012, 09:40 PM
Since Aug 21st

Stubbs 147 inn in CF
Heisey 64 inn in CF

The numbers suggest the opposite. Yes, he's playing more....but there is simply no way Stubbs isn't the guy in CF in the playoffs....no way. Proof goes back to Aug 2009.

Who Dey Time
09-15-2012, 09:41 PM
LOL...so you are saying that Stubbs still has a chance of turning it around? Oh you are a saint...

Where did I say that?

DocRed
09-15-2012, 09:43 PM
Where did I say that?

"If Stubbs keeps this up there is zero chance he starts in October."
The implication here is that he still has some string to burn.....as if he isn't already there.

Krawhitham
09-15-2012, 09:45 PM
It's a big OF....Stubbs will make 5 or 6 plays no one else in baseball could make.

Valdez has been great with the bat all season.

EDDTYWROL

Stubbs will make 5 or 6 plays A SEASON that on one else makes, be he also will misplay 5 or 6 plays against the wall during the season

So that is a wash

Who Dey Time
09-15-2012, 09:48 PM
"If Stubbs keeps this up there is zero chance he starts in October."
The implication here is that he still has some string to burn.....as if he isn't already there.

Exactly. If he struggles as he has he sits. In no way do I imply that he won't. You're so entrenched in your stance that you now want to read into something that wasn't there.

malcontent
09-15-2012, 09:51 PM
117 AB since last HR

95 AB since last double

5 for his last 54
With those numbers, just think of what he's due to do! Start him!

DocRed
09-15-2012, 10:12 PM
Exactly. If he struggles as he has he sits. In no way do I imply that he won't. You're so entrenched in your stance that you now want to read into something that wasn't there.

Sigh....so you are saying he still deserves to start right now?

Who Dey Time
09-15-2012, 10:15 PM
Sigh....so you are saying he still deserves to start right now?

Didn't say that either. 0-2.

Right now CF is like the presidential election. Choosing the least bad candidate because neither of them are worth a damn.

DocRed
09-15-2012, 10:19 PM
Didn't say that either. 0-2.

Right now CF is like the presidential election. Choosing the least bad candidate because neither of them are worth a damn.

Yes agreed, .284 is basically the same as .215, both suck...heck I am not sure which one is even higher even!

RedsBrick
09-15-2012, 11:24 PM
117 AB since last HR

95 AB since last double

5 for his last 54

I'll add to that list...since August 1:

.172, 1 hr, 4 RBI, 53 SO in 133 ABs

Ironman92
09-15-2012, 11:41 PM
I'll add to that list...since August 1:

.172, 1 hr, 4 RBI, 53 SO in 133 ABs

But that's really not too bad if you ignore the numbers.

malcontent
09-16-2012, 01:16 PM
But that's really not too bad if you ignore the numbers.
That's a quarter of a season. We're talking historically (Patterson, T-Virus) bad.

I'll admit to being wrong about this season's run under Baker. I'll be surprised if it makes it past the NLDS, however. Especially if Stubbs is the starting CF.

I don't think it's a small deal. I expect the offense to struggle in the playoffs and Stubbs could be the poster boy of futility, like Sanders in 1995.

DocRed
09-18-2012, 09:13 PM
At least Duhhhsty hasn't figured a way to bat Stubbs twice in the lineup...I'm thankful for that at least.

UPRedsFan
09-18-2012, 09:50 PM
Holy smokes! Hanigan made it out of the 8th spot tonight! Valdez is batting 8th instead. Small steps forward. Brandon bats leadoff, Hanigan bats 7th. Now if we can just ease Stubbs over to the pine until the 7th inning or so we'll be in business for October.